A total new player

Discussion in 'Help' started by !!!SeaDemon!!!, Jan 23, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. !!!SeaDemon!!!

!!!SeaDemon!!! Forum Greenhorn

Helloo
    I start to play the game 5 days ago. I have some questions about how to play tha game to get better stuff.
    Firstly, i bought the weapon pack( 50 55-Pounders,100.000x Flares).
    In these 5 days i have managed to get the warship and 9 pearl decks with just farming and bids in market. my pearl cannons is 50 55s and 2 50s.All the others are golds cannons.I am level 2, my ship is elite level 7. I also get by farming all the elite crew that i need (ships pilot,lookout etc..). I also have 3 skill points by now. i have finish 2 bonus maps. My game now is to farm gold and get as many glitters as i can. I wan to play the game as free of real money as i can.And now is my questions
    1) With the pearls tha i farm i must wait the admirals cannon when they come? buy other canoons? buy the first skills that are cheap? make the castles in castle days? Witch is my priority?
    2) I know the premium is a must buy. What is the possibilities to get it from chests? Does it worth to buy key chests to hunt the premium?
    3) Can you introduce me any other pack like the the weapon pack that i bought for new players? i think i will buy it again
    4) Must i change my game styl about farming? i know when i will become stronger i can farm in the sun bunus map. but now i cant
    Any other help will be appreciated

2. Doom^^

Doom^^ Forum Inhabitant

Don't spend money on this broken game , trust me you'll regret.

grahinho likes this.
  3. 4x4x4

4x4x4 Regular

4. FlynteLocke

FlynteLocke Advanced

If you want to spend as little as possible, but will buy some stuff I think it should be Voo Doo Cannons. They are the keepers of competitiveness, guy with the most VooDoo cannons wins. It's an inescapable glass ceiling and though I've only been playing a short time I've never seen or heard tell of any other way to get them. Honestly, if it's marketed as a free game I might quibble on that as a point. People that haven't bought VooDoo Cannons are like unpaid actors at haunted houses at Halloween, we go through the motions and may seem like player characters, but we are in fact just wily npc's. Well, wily at best.

Other than that the game goes in stages for different things.
    Cannons:
    Get cannons to shoot faster.
    Get all elite cannons, The best gold cannon is 10 sec vice 7 sec. Mixed I've come to realize for range and time is 1 weighted feature for example: you have 52 Elite cannons and 153 top gold cans so,
    (52x7 +153x10)/205 = 9.24 (about) sec. I found range was dealt with in this way, but haven't done direct test otherwise.
    Forecastle: Cannon Loader as fast and far as you can.
    Cabinboy over powder monkey: It's not a permanent feature once bought so depending on my expectations for the game and my level of play in the future and even what I might spend those 10k prls on were I to not get them. Cabinboys take off 2.8 secs while the Monkeys are 1.4 secs savings and the Monkees are too busy sing-ing, too let anybody down! (Sorry about that last, couldn't help myself) Basically it comes down to this for me, If I don't have loads of sagittarius Maps to do or a really big event is going on, the powder monkeys will be ok to do what I need. 100 volleys x 1.4 sec difference = 140 sec or 2 1/3 minute difference. With more inferior gold cannons I'd be far more tempted to get them but ultimately I'd save them for similar circumstances.

Ok I thought I'd write some more but that's a lot and an hour of my day and 20 people will read it and maybe 1 will not disagree, lol. Peace, ciao

TheĐemon, !!!SeaDemon!!! and Doom^^ like this.
  5. WakaLaka

WakaLaka Forum Apprentice

It's your choice how much you spend on anything.
    With a little bit of math and understanding of the mechanics you'll get a lot of leverage provided you spend cleverly. It helps that you seem like the kind who enjoy building their accounts up. ;)

I shall share about things non-competitive. (Personal experience) You will be stuck trying to obtain the basic stuff for a very long time if you choose not to spend to skip straight to become a "big boat". Do note that I haven't spent even $20 on this so I do not have experience with the lucrative stuff.

Your first goal is of course to get full pearl cannons, with 10 pearl decks. Even those 50's you bid on will help a lot.
    Always only spend when discounts are on, especially for castles.

You should calculate and compare the cost of any form of upgrades/purchases and the effects yourself. More on that below.

Here's hoping you're familiar with acronyms and ingame terms by now.
    1) ELP bonuses (EP is out of the question, being easily obtained )might sound great, but Elite Levels are now less important with so many great gems around. With a ratio of 4:3 for 10% more damage on hollow, it's more cost efficient to get 55's.
    2) Premium is not a must-buy if you're just building your boat. (Only good thing is the pearl discount.) The probability of getting premium from chest is very low. Your precious pearls should not be spent on these things. Not spending your pearls on anything perishable is a good general rule of thumb.
    3) For absolute cost efficiency, packs with a lot of crystals, as crystals are very very difficult to farm. You have good timing here. There will probably be packs containing a lot of crystals during this event. Check the payment section out (and the forum, as advised) regularly.
    4) Make sure you read the Seafight Bible. It does contain some outdated, so ask away in the questions board if you're not sure about anything!

Technical terms:
    Here are a few things you should consider:
    a) The concept of damage over time. This is why the Cannon Loader is the most cost effective castle you can get.
    b) Those expensive slight edges that usually belong to top players you see are actually the difference between profit and loss, as every single shot costs ammo. This is why good ships can profit out of events very quickly. Factors include accuracy, bonus damage, discounts, etc.
    c) Know exactly what you're getting before upgrading your ship. Here comes some mental exercise but it's important if you spend little. For example, with all elite cannons and a Gunner you have 75%+5% = 80% accuracy. At this point, getting maxed Astrolabe (+6% accuracy) would effectively increase your damage by 7.5%, which makes it superior to Gunpowder Flask (+6% damage). However if you already have maxed Agwe's Aim (+6% accuracy) and are using Black Gunpowders (+10% accuracy) it would become an upgrade from 96% to 102%. The extra 2% is only useful on ships with Dodge Chance. Effectively this will be a 4.17% upgrade in damage. Now the Gunpowder flask seems better, isn't it? However, if you have damage bonuses from gems and bonus maps, say 12% from gems and 12% from scrolls, 15% from Explosive Alchemy and 12% from Ogun's Wrath, now the flask would become an upgrade from 151% to 157%, an effective increase of only 3.97%.

Okay the paragraph above was purely to force you to wrap your head around the technical stuff. :p
    In short, your current ship setup affects the next best choice in upgrading, and it's up to you to find out.

As I'm also a weak ship shooting in the Sun Map, here's my current progress for reference:
    1) 198 admirals (obsolete decision 2 years back) , 17 Level 3 55's (Event, 20 crystals each. Even if you buy with pearls it's only 6160) , 2 60's (Total: 217)
    2) Cannon Loader & Sternpost level 6. Definitely Loader first.
    3) Powder Monkeys. Let's just be cheapskates for now, unless you find yourself shooting for pearls 10 hours a day.
    4) 4 ++++ crystal decks. Crystals were bought with pearls. Hint: The first four gives 12 cannon and beam slots and cost 1273 crystals. Cannon Storage castle (12 extra slots for cannons) costs 611250 pearls (castle days discount) without factoring in slot cost. ;) See why I went for the crystal decks first?
    5) 17 skillpoints accumulated from events.

Smooth sailin'

FlynteLocke, djt182 and Bisdak like this.
  6. !!!SeaDemon!!!

!!!SeaDemon!!! Forum Greenhorn

Thank you all for your time and for your answers! For now i ll hunt to get all my pearl cannons. Then i think the sun map will be easy to farm. The truth is that you change my mind a little about admiral cannons. I will consider to buy the packs with crystals when they come out. But as i say i want to play the game as cheap as i can.

7. Doom^^

Doom^^ Forum Inhabitant

I'll give you a some basic tips :
    1) save pearls and buy admiral cannons from events or bid on them on event items on special days
    2) shiny hunt most of the time to get scrolls
    3)Once you get a scroll (bonusmap) do them because they give tons of stuff like pearls , gunpowder , armor platers , elp etc.
    4)your first castle should be the reloader
    5)once you think if you have a decent amount of addys buy crystals in the market place for pearls ( 308 pearls per crystal and I would highly recommend you to invest in the ogoun skill tree for increased damage.
    6) join a decent guild to help you with events or shooting gold.

8. brwlf13

brwlf13 Forum Apprentice

If you spend anything on this game, spend it on the Crate of glory. 20k in crystals and other things It is a good jump start for future operations. brwlf13

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.