Ask the Producer

Discussion in 'Users’ Corner' started by AnneDieuleVeut, May 14, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kyloe

kyloe Forum Master

Maybe get rid of all the bots that have over-run this game again since the last major update!!!! Maybe that will open up and free your "technical Limitations".

2. I'm french Gamer.

I think you MUST to stabilize and improve your servers first of all. Because SEAFIGHT signifies FIGHT on th SEA. Ok ..

But when the gamers want shoot (fight), we have a big problems with lags, .... and this is not the fault of the computer !

Because for the moment when you have 20 ships in the same map, it's UNPLAYABLE :mad::confused:

I think you must make that in first before repair the others problems (bot).

After this you can ask if your decision with the equipments and ... is good or not ;)

For me it's very crazy ! You must reflect before you take a new decision for everything ... for example tomorow you can
    delete Doomhammer cannons because they shoot too hard ....

My ship in French server :D

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 14, 2018
  3. babenewport

babenewport Junior Expert

oh well said oh boy now it do not take the brains of an arch bishop to work out these players useing cheats programe off the internet are the main cause of the lag. these programes must surely be causing an enormous strain on the servers. cabin boys are a must have for the not so wealthy players yes there are options in the sales but give players a chance now it would be a simple thing to have a limit on cannon speed and if players choose to use all the new add ons so be it but the reload should be capped and the cheating players should be banned for life at least their should be

4. michal378

michal378 Forum Greenhorn

Hello dear seafight team, Jan and players :) I'm from Slovakia so excuse my language. I want to talk about this discussion too but not about taken cabin boys back and what you did wrong by removed them I wanna talk about how to solve the problem.
    1. Problem: Bonus maps... Solution: It is so boaring for us to make bonus maps and with that change it will be a lot worse so my solution is to INCREASE the our DMG by several % BUT JUST on Bonus maps.
    2.Problem: Npc's givin us more dmg... Solutions: - 1.Lower the HP of all NPC's in GAME. - 2.Lower the DAMAGE of all NPC's in game.

I can continue with that problems and solutions but I wont! Why? Cause easier for you as seafight team and us like players with all those problems you mention with cabin boys i think it will be a lot easier to still have them in the game and second of all why you still let the package to buy cubin boys in payment section??? Now someone shoot like 3.0s per shot and someone who dont buy it shot 4.5s per shot just an example.

So what comes out of this all? Take em back to game is better solution, more focus on think that needs to be fixed, yes I mean nonstop lags in game that is one of the reasons why people left this game, then make it easier for new players i mean how can new playera have interest in this game if they are happy that they reach some point of success for example: I reached 250K HP and i got good dmg and everybody shot me like

*LiLVIC615*, Lil`Wolf and Lady.Wolf like this.
  5. motorko69

motorko69 Forum Apprentice

Honestly, I cant still figure out what was wrong about them. A totally agree with all my felow pirates - the game began to be slightly boring for most of the plaeyrs except those who purchased them in payment section such as me. If you wanted to change something like this, you should have thought about replacement earlier, there is even bigger diffence between players than before.
    My solution is easy - give them back. I dont really like the idea of increasing the rate of fire with skill tree, cause instead of 10k every 14 days you have to buy six more skills - about 6m pearls for me. Cabin boys for this ammount of pearls would be cca 16k days on your ship. And cabin boys were significant boost for newbies - -40% for 10k is the cheapest upgrade upgrade you can have.
    btw. sorry for grammar, I know how to pronounce all those words but no idea how to write them down :)

6. =308Marksman=

=308Marksman= Regular

First...

Thank you for the input from the producers/developers, It helps explain things further than what info
    was being presented from the mods and admins.

Second ....

These constant adjustments/corrections to items are killing your game as much as the nefarious players are.
    These changes are basically leading into "the straw that broke the camel's back" scenarios and in this
    circumstance its "Cabin Boys".
    These changes/adjustments whether its in the form of a value adjustment or an item addition or removal
    have over complicated the game more than it needs to be. When I see players posting spread sheets to
    track the value of items that means way too many moving parts are involved.

We dont need spread sheets to play what basically is still a video game.

Along with that,all these changes are leaving players feeling they are being ripped off or cheated from what they
    originally purchased with their hard earned money.

There is a laundry list of game problems the players would much rather see addressed versus having a new item/feature
    brought in or having an item/feature removed or adjusted.

Then there is the issue along with these changes that leaves the player the feeling that BP/SF has stability problems and
    has no idea what direction the game should go in.

What player is willing to purchase an item or any items if its
    gonna be removed or devalued or have its value constantly adjusted.

What player is willing to spend money on a game if they feel the game wont be around in a week,a month or even a year ?

I would like to think that being given the chance to speak up its gonna be seen by the proper people.
    Then there is the reality..

They dont seem to care.

I,personally believe the best version of SF was the pre- transmorgification and pre server merger version.
    If the game cannot be restored to that version... Any chance of releasing a form of that version as its own stand alone game ?

I would play that... and since that was the SF's heyday,I am sure alot of other players would possibly return and play that also.

That is, of course, if you havent burned too many bridges with those players that left.

Last edited: May 14, 2018
  7. onix87

onix87 Forum Apprentice

i'm from Ita server.
    i started playing in 2008, i see so many negative updates, i see the game ruining. in the past, several times i stopped playing for different reasons, school, work. always for lack of time. now i have the time, but missing the desire. today i tried to play after 4 days, i stopped after 30 min.
    for the first time i do not feel the disappointment caused by an update that deprives you of something that you have reached with difficulty. i only feel bored.
    if you aren't able to solve the "problems" that you say that the cabin boys were causing, good luck, i'm already trying 2 new games

8. Bawdyn

Bawdyn Forum Ambassador

There are many great comments here already, so I won't try to repeat them.

You say there are problems when ships shoot too fast, yet with the right skills you can shoot harpoons at a much faster rate than cannons. Why do cannons cause a problem when harpoons do not?

You say that Cabin Boys are the problem, yet you changed the minimum reload time limit from 1.9s to 1.5s earlier in the same week you took away the Cabin Boys.

April 23, lower the limit:
    https://board-en.seafight.com/threads/patchday-notes-2018.171397/page-2#post-524134

Apr 27, remove Cabin Boys:
    https://board-en.seafight.com/threads/patchday-notes-2018.171397/page-2#post-524330

So the solution is to put the minimum limit back to 1.9s and bring back the Cabin Boys. Then no matter what things players do, now or in the future, they can't shoot any faster than 1.9s.

Making these kind of huge changes, that impact players in a major way, without prior discussion or notice is a big contributor to the players low moral and frustration with this game and BP. Be open and discuss these things with us *before* you make the changes rather than after you've upset your players. Upset players stop playing and stop paying so treat them with respect!

9. Rabbid

Rabbid Forum Connoisseur

If removing cabin boys is a part of the solution to fixing the horribly unbalanced and unfun PvP in this game, I'm all for it. If that isn't the case then I don't understand why you would remove cabin boys. Because the main problem with this game is how the PvP has been ruined over the last 5 or so years, and it doesn't leave players much desire to keep playing when PvP is boring.

So if this is a part of Fixing PvP I'm all for it, other than that I don't understand.

10. GLADIADOR

GLADIADOR Forum Greenhorn

Well,I think the best way is to get the boys back into the game and take away the time constraint they had. No need and also does not feel some put, for example, a castle to decrease our recharge time. To buy something that we had before, does not have logic that. And another, if you intend to do this update, you must first have it ready to be implemented and do not take out the kids before they do this, you are detonating the game like that, just think about what you want, just the money and do not listen to the players anymore and what the players want.

11. babe-newport

babe-newport Forum Greenhorn

ok heres a simple but realistic solution in its infancy the powder monkeys was a reward in the cauldron put them back in. players buy the shiney doubler i certainly do better still the cabin boys could also be placed in the cauldron as well as wrecks and chests this will give the new players a incentive to collect shineys and also possibly to buy the doubler mojos are extremely hard to win anyway through the glitters ok the autos are nicking them all. why not analyse what the biggest usage in the game and you find glitters are pretty high up not by honest players but by players getting the programmes off the internet. its these programmers thats making money which rightfully should go into bp coffers. take a serious look back to when the game first originated that whats needed and the powder monkeys and cabin boys are a must have even for the vast majority of honest players in this game

12. ==Beagle==

==Beagle== Forum Greenhorn

Content that can be removed without ruining the game:
    The whole liga-system: it only benefits the bot-users
    a lot of canons
    the lowest sort of ammunition
    the officer that buys for you 10k of ammunition

If you evaluate the content that now is in the game, you will find more things that can be removed from the game

Loki1621 likes this.
  13. onix87

onix87 Forum Apprentice

Some Italian players don’t speak English. I offered to translate some messages. The player suazo-axm writes:
    In the Italian language removed means completely deleted, not remove from treasure chest and from tavern, and put it on payment area. ( to be clear, we talk about the package Crew Starter Pack. A little personal consideration, completely useless package before the Cabin Boy are inserted ).
    the player also wants to let you know that the mega server 7 has some big problems. Continuous blocks/crash, and infinite maintenance.
    I follow the forum a lot, and in general Italian players are on the opinion that we must stop for a moment and solve the existing problems before creating others with new updates. the biggest problems are the continuous system crash and the use of bots.
    I have proposed an idea for this problem. a window that appears random on the map where you have to identify the photos of shops, road signs and more, as many sites do to make sure you're not a robot.
    returning to the problem of this discussion, many players feel frustrated by the repetition of the occasions where progress is reduced or canceled by an update. all the work done at the cannon loader castle it was practically canceled.

14. Lady.Wolf

Lady.Wolf Active Author

Bring back the game from years ago like 308Marksman said. I enjoyed that game. Even if you were enemies in a different guild, you could still be friends. Take out the ALLIANCE, THAT will free up some room on the server. Speaking of servers, how about limiting server access to the individual's own country's server? This will definitely free up alot of SPACE! Then, put back all those little changes that you thought we didn't notice..were not stupid....

Angel

15. Csontika

Csontika Forum Greenhorn

Hello!

I am writing from Hungary and I write down the opinion of most of the Hungarian players about this ugly step what you are planning now.

Everybody exactly need to know why Bigpoint want to make this..for everybody who do not know I try to explain:
    There is onlye ONE main reason for the bigpoint to make this.. it is Money..nothing else.
    You want to slow down the reload time to push the players to buy the new cannon for man many many money.
    If they do not buy these new cannon they will be useless on the seachart be sure.

This is very disgusting step what bigpoint is want to make with the player!
    With this slow reload time be sure many player will not enjoy the game which has already many many bugs and problem.

I suggest ALL the employee of the Bigpoint FIRST make the game free from bug, make the game free from LAG!
    After you can give us an enjoyable game you are able to make this kind of steps what you want to make now.

MS1 - EGO Guild

16. Corsair_Bill

Corsair_Bill Forum Connoisseur

Hello, to me it's pretty simple . . I play this game using in-game currency 99.999% of the time, and while I read the OP and understand further updates are coming, I now have to remain "parked" until the new updates arrive. My boat is a "mid level" at best, which also means I can no longer chase pearls so I can make my boat better . . so since cabin boys are no longer part of the game, kindly light a match and get the new replacements in so many can resume being halfway relative in game-play. Oh . . small side note, please make whatever the new updates available for purchase with in-game currency like the cabin boys were, thank you in advance

17. babenewport

babenewport Junior Expert

not many players are going to like this suggestion but to me it seems a logical one whats is seriously required is a complete server shutdown say for a weekend in order for all the bugs to be ironed out the bp programmers seriously needs to consider every change also to iron out whats actually not needed in the game i like the suggestion of i am not a robot this can be easily done on login mind you the autos got to log in manually so that would be a bit pointless perhaps a basic requirement is for players to agree to a time driven i am not a robot say a pop up on screen ok some players may get sunk when this happens but sinks are so fast anyway. it is obvious that the cabin boys and powder monkeys is a massive sore point this needs addressing sooner rather than later. ok i can see the reasoning behind the changes just give it time to settle after each change before electing to bring a change in to counter act the change you previously brought in seems a pointless exercise. now you get your salaries dont become complacent because if profits drop then someone got to go be an adult and tell the new owners stop being so greedy you ruined the game and if nothing is done to stop the rot then people who spend a lot of money on the game will leave that means a drop of income. seriously this is a great game but i prefer when the original format of it came out its the little things that makes the difference. put the weight equasion back on the ships too much weight slows the ship down this will automactically counter the massive amounts of ammo ect on each ship i like thje idea of bringing the cannon repair back ok lifeboats but it was the gunners mate that repaired the ships cannon so we are going around in circles are we not

18. ιɴғιɴιтy#98

ιɴғιɴιтy#98 Forum Apprentice

Very bad

New things sounds very nice but everything will take that much longer without the reload speed. It may not be all that can obtain the new things right away.

19. kyloe

kyloe Forum Master

What i cant understand is that BigPoint says that they need to slow down the reload speed to free your "technical Limitations", full well knowing that they plan to implement the Steeled Chains lvl 5 will increase your reload speed, so really, Is this just another way for you to force us to spend $$$ for the new expansions to stay relevant in this game?
    The game is advertised as a "Free to Play", which should mean that you can compete in the game, it just takes more time and effort to achieve a level of competitiveness.
    I really think that you need to change the slogan
    Make it read
    "Free to Try"
    or perhaps
    "Try now, Pay later"
    I mean what is next Skill levels and Castles that you can only get from Payment Section?

20. †Mighty_Ghost†

†Mighty_Ghost† Forum Apprentice

What about reduce the cannon reload time from all NPC's to? cuz now they actualy deal more damage to us because our reload time is slower, or another idea from me is to give us back the cabin boys but instead they give -40% reload time let them give -30% reload time, this way we don't shoot that fast but we don't shoot that slow eather, and still everyone can create its own set-up to deal more damage or get a fast reload time.

Lėvıätħãń
    NL1 server

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.