Asking for Opinions of Players about the Failures of Unity

Discussion in 'Users’ Corner' started by The*Defiant, Aug 29, 2021.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

Maybe it is just me, but I think one of the dumbest decisions lately has been to make a downloadable version of Unity that nobody uses, and yet when the Seachart loads, it CONTINUES to say (and I quote): " ...try out the new Seafight Client with many performance improvements." PLUS "For Linux and Mac users we are working hard on a solution". Question: Why would a gaming company make a downloadable version and leave out other Operating Systems? I know Windows is the predominant OS, but talk about alienating your players that use alternative Operating Systems! How on Earth this game still exists in any form is beyond baffling. The Seafight business model of having developers in an "Ivory Tower" that do not communicate with players, make changes and create Events and implement new ideas based solely on their own (non-customer paying) whims, using unempowered Moderators as conduits for complaints, ideas, etc. from players, but all they can do is "forward the information", and of course the relentless bot cheating that is condoned by Bigpoint. That's right....I said condoned! Over my 12+ years of playing, we went from (1) "you get a severe ban if you mention botters in Forum or Chat" to (2) reporting cheaters (with video!) to Support and getting " We cannot assume they are cheating; there must be a thorough investigation into this per legal and TOS to (3) FINALLY BP admitting what we all knew and...."we now will PUNISH botters with a horrific Three-Day ban...pathetic talk, no action. I would like to just know the viewpoints of the few human players left in this game. Am I wrong? (And don't say you can quit at any time; I basically have)! I will make no future comments in this Forum beyond this final query.

2. kekwkekw

kekwkekw Someday Author

There is not much to do man. I had multiple threads in several languages(english is not my strong suit im having a very difficult time explaining myself in this language) just like this one complaining about; bot usage, sold accounts, ridiculus event mechanics like unplayable arenas and stupid event NPC mechanics,extrema power creep led into imbalanced opportunities to whom came before. We all know there is no new players and there will be none. All of us came before the glory times and quit couple times, coming back and forth. Reason for that is this is a mmorpg game(kinda) and thats the most addictive one around all games. Seafight is now so outdated and playerbase is too damm addicted and conservative about this outdatedness(i mean people still uses 4D garbage looking designs because they say it looks better??) so it is impossible to improve without giving some casualties which bigpoint won't even consider doing. Reasoning behind this mentality is obvious; you have to spend a lot of money to make another game engine, upgrade game material, renew graphics and get a gameplay manager like bigger games do. Corporations doesn't take risks unless the payout is massive. For everything in our existence death is inevitable. For this game it's imminent. Bigpoint knows that and looking from their perspective it actually makes sense to let botters hang around. You still have to pay for slashing blades etc. If everyone gets into that fully maxed out state they can just add worldbreaker level 50 or something and another 30 cannon slots so people keep playing and buy that new level 9 ribs that is impossible to get without payment. Not blaming them for making the right decision for the company, blaming them for lying and deceptive behavior. 400-500 euro i spent is worth my good couple years so im not angry. Anyway i'll be on my.

3. Not many players even read these forum posts Defiant....*Edit* Program runners have always been welcomed by BP (and I am sure other platforms as well)...They are, obviously, spending some money to play and the business model is simply to 'get as much friggin money as we can!' It does not matter that other players complain...because, as you said, the conduit is packed with sheep sheet. And...unfortunatly, we players are the sheep. Baah! Have a good one...sorry to see you go, but I completely understand. I have left and come back many times over the years as well...and I am torn about giving up entirely since I have a sizeable investment in the level 50 miracleworldwonderkilleroversized cannon that came in the latest upgrade. :)

Last edited by moderator: Aug 29, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.