Best Setup for Gems

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by G-dude, Aug 24, 2024.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G-dude

G-dude Regular

What is the best setup for gems?

PvP, PvE etc.

2. Rymar

Rymar Board Administrator Team Seafight

Ahoy G-dude!

That depends what your game style is.

For me it is:

- Damage
    - Damage Prevention
    - Dodge Chance
    - Hit Probability
    - Special either Topaz or Aventurine

Pet:

- Hit Probability
    - Dodge Chance
    - Special: Veriscite

When it comes to PvE:

- You can apply first design too (it depends on which NPCs you hit or what events are running)
    - Second design:

- Damage
    - Critical Damage
    - Damage Prevention
    - Dodge Chance
    - Same special gems as above

Pet:

- Damage Prevention
    - Dodge Chance
    - Special Gem with 1 000 Elite Ammunition Bonus

Hope that helps!

Rymar

3. G-dude

G-dude Regular

Thank you!

4. Special pet gem with elite ammunition bonus is useless. Adds 1k damage at the end of all calculations, so it transforms a 500k damage salvo into 501k. If going for event ships you can go with amulet boost/cd pet gem if you need amulets to tank, or for more general use I prefer the vision range - easier to spot bots and run away :)

Dream~Crusher likes this.
  5. G-dude

G-dude Regular

I noticed that the cannon damage gem whether on or off does not seem to change total damage against event ships. Maybe a 10k-20k difference. So 560,000 instead of 580,000.

6. Keep in mind that damage totals vary from one salvo to the next, as each individual cannon can hit or miss. Maybe I was wrong about the pet gem for elite / gold ammo damage, as my conclusion came from my findings: gold ammo gem adds 1k to my 20k of damage, which is nice if you ever need to shoot gold ammo, and elite ammo gem is insignificant given the numbers you can pull off with elite ammo :)

7. Dream~Crusher

Dream~Crusher Regular

I may understand it incorrectly myself, but I think it is worthless, compared to the other special pet gem choices available.

8. Rymar

Ahoy ✯•••Bℓuë•Dяαgσп•••✯!

Please be aware that it is not a flat 1 000 if you use cannons that have % to Elite Ammunition Bonus.

I would not consider such gem useless especially when you are lower, at this point all % to the damage counts and there is nothing to def. within the pet special gems.

Rymar

9. Rymar

Ahoy!

Since this query has been answered and there are no further questions I will close this thread.

Rymar

~Closed~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.