“Botter Caught!” debuff

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by The*Defiant, Feb 18, 2024.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

Feedback: I like it that finally you are taking off 100% of their damage prevention, cannon damage, etc.. This is way overdue!

To be totally honest and realistic, if BP took cheating seriously, they should toss out all of the debuffs and only use this one! To tell me that after you catch someone SIX times, you will penalize them...Stop There! What...six times? What is wrong with that statement?

I have played almost 15 years, and even now, players that cheat and have a debuff sink me constantly. I don't mind an honest sink, but no cheater should come close to sinking me if they have an "effective" debuff.

I have lost faith in BP, but the 1% of me that still has hope thought it worthwhile to voice my opinion on this latest change.

HALIMAW, LustySerpant, Bawdyn and 6 others like this.
  2. phatty-Boastrike

phatty-Boastrike Junior Expert

Aaarrgghh! shiver me timbers... SIX times! argh! there sure is some hipocracy going on. Ye should only be able to walk the plank once, but six times is skullduggery! ye does not come back from the dead unless ye is davy jones himself. Aaarrgghh!

3. -PUSAT-

-PUSAT- Forum Connoisseur

Mr.D you always have a valid opinion in my books, this is Bp attempt for fix the problem that has been going on for far too long, and even still 6 times of cheating, people will still keep on doing what they are doing. It's a sad to see this happening, and with the merger coming as well I'll be forced to walk away from the game, not because of the merger but because I'm forced to play with a bunch of cheaters that Bp won't fix, the few honest honest like yourself and others in the forum i will miss, This game is one big Toilet bowl I wish they would fix the right why......

4. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

I hear you 100%, brother! I have similar feelings.

I am glad they finally showed us what the different debuff colors indicate. I asked Support one time awhile back and they said they were not allowed to tell me! But oh well...

5. Swift

Swift Community Team Team Seafight

Ahoy,

I'd just like to clarify this one. If we catch a player 1 time, they receive the Botter Caught debuff and Bot Scar I debuff. Two times, they receive the Botter Caught and Bot Scar II debuff, etc.

The "six times" was an example of the Pirate Rank reduction amount only, so 6 times = 30% permanent decrease. But also this applies for any other amount of times we catch them, e.g. 1 time = 5% decrease, 2 times = 10% decrease, etc.

Swift

USS_Defender(CAG-01) likes this.
  6. Womble1996

Womble1996 Forum Apprentice

How effective at catching botters will this be? I think its fair to say, there must be at least a few botters in this game. I know it is possible and that some people are sinking 15k ships a day but surely some of these are botting? Will scar be to detect the bots?

7. Swift

Swift Community Team Team Seafight

Ahoy,

Scar buffs are a deterrent for bot using, but are not related to the detection of third party program users.

We are trying to improve our detection methods, which are running all the time. We are aware of players feelings that we don't catch enough bot users, however, bot makers are also constantly trying to avoid our detection methods. Which, while I know is not the answer you would like, we too also would like to catch as many as possible - having bots in our game provides us with no benefits.

Swift

USS_Defender(CAG-01) likes this.
  8. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

I wanted to clarify my comment. (And I do *not* mean for this to sound sarcastic). I think that the flaw in all of this is in allowing them to still play that long. They should get a 30-day ban with this new buff; then a 90-day ban after it happens twice; and then they get permanently banned. As players, we know BP has always been extremely reluctant to call players "cheaters". The burden of proof has always been on the honest players, which is wrong. And it takes virtually an "Act Of God" for a player to get a debuff - so, with that in mind - make the penalities far more harsh. That is my opinion.

9. Bawdyn

Bawdyn Forum Ambassador

I agree. If someone gets caught 6 times then they are never going to stop on their own.

10. .Kenze.

.Kenze. Board Analyst

One time cheat= Big punishment. Second time=Total ban!!!
    You say yellow scar will give them punishment??I must laugh!!
    Seen several scar IV shoot/sail still fast and can sink one easily so scar IV dosent works as you say!!

11. ☠FIREBALL☠

☠FIREBALL☠ Advanced

NO, NO, NO one time cheat, DELETE account.

12. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

That would be ideal, but given the situation, it isn't realistic.

13. ₣Ɽł₳Ɽ₮Ʉ₵₭

₣Ɽł₳Ɽ₮Ʉ₵₭ Someday Author

Mr.D you are so right, and we both know Bp will not do anything, I mean getting caught 6 times for cheating is insane, I guess BP terms dont matter anymore, it seems to me that Bp lets the Botters continue while real folks spend real money on the game....which i wont but i see your point Mr.D,,,cheers mate

14. HALIMAW

HALIMAW Forum Apprentice

hey mates these color coded scars suck anus, i am color blind so it does not matter what color scheme is being used. Its useless simantics as far as i see it. permanent ban is the only solution.

15. ·єviłωαყѕ·

·єviłωαყѕ· Board Analyst

It's just blowing smoke up our rear sail's the scar has no effect on their 3rd party script and they don't run it enough to catch them and have to catch them 6 times for 100% really should be 100% 1st capture!

16. -PUSAT-

I agree with you mate, doesnt make any sense too either you can cheat 6 time and finally something happens, but what i dont understand is they can move boats from one server to another but cant stop the cheating.......i see plenty of boats with scars and still moving fast and out gunning me.....smh

The*Defiant likes this.
  17. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

Hey buddy - what server do you play on? I have long wondered, and wanted to ask you. (Pardon me for this momentary off-topic question).

-PUSAT- likes this.
  18. -PUSAT-

Hey brother i play on your server now I was on GA3......i just passed you in the sub....Whiskey Vemon

The*Defiant likes this.
  19. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

Sweet! I thought so...now I have a new ally! Thanks.

20. Rymar

Rymar Board Administrator Team Seafight

Ahoy Pirates!

Please stick to the thread subject if you want to share your feedback.

For your personal chat use User's Corner or Who's Who.

Rymar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.