Commonwealth officer

Discussion in 'Help' started by JoeJohn1233, Aug 5, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeJohn1233

JoeJohn1233 Forum Greenhorn

For the first time I got a Commonwealth Guardian and he gives :
    50 % NPC doge chance..
    I have activate it (put him in the officers solt in Crew) and so far none of the NPC attacks have been doged, I ve been testing it for hours and I dont understand his effect.
    Does it work with Doge Gems on your ship only ?

2. Pino

Pino Someday Author

Maby you have already 100% dodge chance for the npc you shoot now , more than 100% is useless then.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
  3. motorko69

motorko69 Forum Apprentice

dodge chance is more active for players in fight and demage prevention for npc ;)

4. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

The Level 1 Guardian gives you 50% more dodge, Level 2 is 60% more dodge and Level 3 is 70% more dodge. Also - they let you put on more Expansion Beams (which raises your base hit points) and more Pirates (for boarding). Now - what is "dodge"? Think of it like the game of dodgeball, where some people are just naturally faster at avoiding getting hit with the ball than others. Each Guardian Level is better at it, which means that the damage you take from an NPC shooting you will drop dramatically. So without a Guardian, you may take 20,000 damage on one shot from an NPC. Then *with* the Guardian Level 1 on board (for example), you will see you are only taking 10,000 damage per volley (50% less). The Level 2 Guardian will drop it to 8,000 damage (60% less), and the Level 3 down to 6,000 damage (70% less). <--( calculated as "20,000 x 70% = 14,000 and so 20,000 - 14,000 = 6,000 damage"). Where you can really see the dodge actually being effective is fighting the really hard-hitting NPCs like Admirals or try the "HRMA Fencers". Or use a Lionheart and go into the "Commonwealth Raid Map" and fight Gildblades. I have a Level 2 Guardian in one Set-up on my ship that I always use for these situations. Yesterday I was getting pounded in a map by several "HRMA Fencers" that were spawned. I was getting sunk non-stop by them. I finally spawned in a corner of the Map and was able to switch my Set-up to "Guardian Level 2". Then I started sinking the "HRMA Fencer" NPCs with so much protection that I took off my Armor and Super-Armor plates! Keep in mind that if you do as I do and normally use the Level 2 Sellsword {50% greater hit probability on NPCs <--(good for PvE) and 40 more cannon slots<--(good for PvP)}, you can fight other players better by having more cannons (so you hit harder), but you don't have the NPC protection the Guardian gives you. (Note: The Sellsword will let you hit NPCs much harder, but you will get pounded by them). So use the Sellsword for PvP and the Guardian only for the hardest-hitting NPCs. Why? Because you have to trade-off the Sellsword (extra cannons and less NPC protection when fighting other players), versus the Guardian (having a *lot* more NPC protection but being weaker in PvP fights because you have less cannons and hit points in your base). Test these ideas out for yourself and I think you will understand better how the Guardian works. If you have any further questions on either the Guardian or Sellsword, ask here and I will try to explain it better. (And as for your Ship's Dodge Gem, that is effective in *both* PvP and PvE - technically speaking).

5. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

From my experience, this is true - generally speaking - except for the fact that at least some NPCs *do* have dodge built into them. (For example - Event NPCs). And I think an argument can be made that some "cannon damage" is offset by "damage prevention".

6. JoeJohn1233

JoeJohn1233 Forum Greenhorn

The*Defiant likes this.
  7. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

Anytime mate! If I see where you have asked a question and I feel that I can help, I will respond back!:)

8. Seren

Seren Team Leader Team Seafight

As this has been answered fully by your fellow player, I will close this thread.

Seren

~Closed~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.