creating good pasta sauce

Discussion in 'Users’ Corner' started by baronvonrat, Sep 16, 2022.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. baronvonrat

baronvonrat Junior Expert

A very simple pasta sauce 1 onion per person, tomatoes (tinned or fresh) (if fresh place in boiling water for 2 mins drain then peal skin, streaky bacon or good dry cured ham, oregano, salt and pepper, olive oil
    cooking time 20 mins
    place a glug of olive oil in pan, heat, throw in sliced onion and caramelise for 10 mins adding a splash of water every so often to stop it burning throw in salt, pepper, chopped bacon oregano and cook for further 5 mins put in tomatoes and a little water bring to the boil and then simmer for further 5 mins.
    taste and add seasoning if required
    This is a good base pasta sauce if you want you can put in with the bacon, beef, chicken or fungi if a veggie then replace bacon with fungi
    enjoy with any type off pasta

2. baronvonrat

I do not add garlic as it gives me acid reflux, I hate the smell and makes me feel quite unwell for a couple of days. also it over powers all other flavours. it is a weed and poor mans onions. Whilst I love to forage a wet wooded garlic infested woodland is my idea of what hell is like.

3. you that bored baron we have this now like it the pirate cooking daily

4. baronvonrat

no I was told this was were to post creative stuff so i am being creative

bonnie66 likes this.
  5. bonnie66

bonnie66 Active Author

thanks for that baron i will deffo be trying that

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.