Defense Skill - Super Structure

Discussion in 'Help' started by Bawdyn, Apr 24, 2021.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bawdyn

Bawdyn Forum Ambassador

I've added several new expansion slots using this skill and these slots do not increase the number of Pirates I can equip. The number of expansion slots goes up on the 'Ship Equipment' list and I can add an additional Deck, but the number of Crew slots does not change.

What's going on here? Are these slots not the same as the expansion slots you get from other means? Or is it broken?

Also, I was looking at the FAQ page for slots and it does a good job of explaining the weapon slots, but there is almost no info on the expansion slots. In addition, the 'price' section is out of date. It doesn't include any of the new Yulong slot prices.

2. Swift

Swift Community Team Team Seafight

Ahoy,

Expansion Slots are different than Crew Slots.

The Skill will only increase the amount of Expansions you can equip.

Thank you for bringing to our attention the need to update the Slots FAQ, the Board Moderator Team will begin gathering this information to update it shortly.

Swift

3. Bawdyn

Bawdyn Forum Ambassador

I thought expansion slots were both deck and pirates? I'm certain that up until the last set of these that I got both deck and pirates from these expansion slots. If these are now separate, where are the pirate slots obtained? I did call these 'Crew Slots' above, but I am referring to the Pirates that can increase my boarding values.

From the FAQ: "Slots are spaces for your Cannons, Extensions and Pirates."

4. Bawdyn

Bawdyn Forum Ambassador

Can anyone answer my question?

5. ~turnip~

~turnip~ Forum Duke

old era perks such as ebony ivory and voodoo decks would give crew slots yes, since the rework a few years ago, it has been completely crew slots, can't do anything about the old stuff but moving forward with the new stuff, the expansion and crew slots have been their own entities.

Information on how to increase the slots can be found in the below links. the top being expansions and bottom being crew.

https://board-en.seafight.com/threads/maximum-values.171646/#post-520065
    https://board-en.seafight.com/threads/maximum-values.171646/#post-520059

As for the slot prices. The forum page regarding this topic does indeed need to be updated with the new slot costs, the page has not been updated since the introduction of yulong slots. However, having already unlocking them all on a past server, the way they are priced is that it starts at 500 yulong coins then increases by 500 yulong coins for each slot until the last slot, which costs 25k.

E.g the first 5 slots would cost 500, then 1k, then 1.5k then 2k then 2.5k.

While that would be a cumulative total of 7.5k yulong coins for the first 5 slots, you can see the pattern of how the price increases.

To full answer the question, the bible page has the cost information up until the yulong slots and onwards. however the full cost for all the slots after that are as follows:

Weapons slots: 50 yulong slots costing a cumulative total of 637.5k yulong coins followed by another 20 slots with a cumulative asking price of 21 million pearls and 1.050.000 crowns

Expansion slots: 50 yulong slots with a cumulative total asking price of 637.5k yulong coins

The 2 together is a total cumulative asking price of 1,275,000 yulong coins, 21 million pearls and 1.050.000 crowns.

To date, there is no discount or special promotions to reduce the asking price required to unlock these slots.

to keep track of your progress on how many you have unlocked, go to the seapage ship icon, from the drop down menu, go to ship overview (the first option), select the ship equipment tab and where the values information is there are 2 icons, an eye and some bars, click the bars icon and you can see the remaining slots to purchase there, after that it's just buffs.

Final note: the expansion slots bought with yulong coins follow the modern system and do NOT unlock further crew (pirate) slots, to see how to increase the crew slots, please refer back to the maximum values link I gave you.

As for the skill tree, Super Structure does NOT give crew slots, they are expansion slots only. there are no current skill sections on any of the pages that allow you to increase the number of crew slots. However, on the damage sheet, the boarding bonanza section increases the value of the pirates you do equip to your available slots. Once maxed with 50 points, the value of each pirate increases by 29.5%

RECAP
    1) Confirmed skill tree does not increase crew slots- referred how to use skill tree to increase boarding value.
    2)Acknowledged that the slot pricing page needs to be updated- information on how to keep track of remaining slots and the price requirement provided.
    3) Acknowledged that the old game format had certain perks and buffs to increase crew slots- Explanation that nothing can be done about the old system but the modern system separates expansion and crew slots into their own entities.
    4) Further to point 3, links provided to the relevant maximum values pages to further help understand what you need to get to increase expansion and crew slots respectively.
    5) Complete price confirmation for new slots has been provided.

That should be that, hope this helped

Bawdyn likes this.
  6. Bawdyn

Bawdyn Forum Ambassador

Wow! That was an exceptional answer!!!

I've been playing this game for a long long time and I thought I knew quite a bit about it (up to my level at least), but I totally missed that the expansion slots and crew slots had been separated. I could have sworn that the earlier slots (IE ones I got a month or so ago) I had acquired from Super Structure had also given me crew slots, but I wasn't really looking that close, so it may not have been more than my impression.

The link to the Maximum values page for the crew slots is perfect. I'll take a look at the skill for increased boarding value, that might be better for increasing those values than more slots/pirates.

Cheers!!!

~turnip~ likes this.
  7. Swift

Swift Community Team Team Seafight

Ahoy,

Thank you ~turnip~ for your comprehensive answer.

Bawdyn, as you appear to be satisfied with the answer from ~turnip~ and you have no further queries on this subject I shall close the thread.

Happy sailing to you both!

~Closed~

Bawdyn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.