Feedback Diminishing Returns

Discussion in 'Users’ Corner' started by Seren, Jul 6, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kyloe

kyloe Forum Master

Yes it will be called the Botters Deluxe edition lmao, get real you guys, complaining cuz you cant play for more than 12 hours lmao

2. HMS-dozza

HMS-dozza Regular

I don't wanna point fingers but the people who are opposed to this are probably the ones botting :/

kyloe likes this.
  3. ☠FIREBALL☠

☠FIREBALL☠ Advanced

not all dozy ... but why should the fair players be penalized,dont ban
    delete all bot accounts.

4. timarpaul1

timarpaul1 Forum Pro

yes ban and delet all bot`s

Loki1621 likes this.
  5. Bawdyn

Bawdyn Forum Ambassador

Maybe just play the game with this new update and see if it effects you or not rather than speculate. Its only been active for 2-3 days so far. Has anyone actually been 'corrected' more than -10% yet other than the BOTs? For those of you that have seen the -10%, verify for the rest of us how long you played before that happened.

One thing I have noticed with the +10% bonus is that it takes a long time to reset. Maybe it only happens once per day? The first day of this change I logged onto the sea to do some Shop/Cauldron stuff, I didn't actually play. Took maybe 5 minutes. I logged out and several hours later I came back to actually play the game and the bonus was not active.

This means a change in strategy for me. Now I will wait until I actually plan to play to do anything on the sea and then focus on pearl/crown earning activity for the first hour to maximize the bonus.

Its too bad that they keep moving things off the back page onto the sea page as now there are a lot of non-playing activity that is being treated as game playing for this bonus.

6. HMS-dozza

HMS-dozza Regular

Having played on the PvE server for now several months where this was tested, I can say you have to play quite a long time without break to hit negative, I only recall one time that it happened, it was a weekend and I was logged in from the moment I woke up til the time I slept, never seen a -20%. People are as you suggest heavily overreacting as they typically do.

Also the people spamming 'DELETE BOTS' have to realise that BP would if they could but it's not nearly as simple to actually do it.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
    Bawdyn likes this.
  7. America

America Active Author

Rewards average players. Teaches moderation to hard core players, get those big boats off the water so a little guy like me can play lol. Only game in the known universe that encourages players not to play.........a non player had to be the brain trust of this idea.

8. Loki1621

Loki1621 Active Author

how do you know they are doing anything about the bots when they won't tell you names they deleted and if you mention names of boats you think are cheating you get suspended

9. ***KARAISKAKIS***GR

***KARAISKAKIS***GR Forum Apprentice

all i know is that OTHER games have a time system that gives u rewards if u play more!! the more u play the more big the rewards!! here is the opposite WHAT A JOKE!!!! good way to make ppl quit!!

10. lude1962

lude1962 Forum Commissioner

Depending how long you've been playing for it usually takes 8hrs logged off to get back to +10%
    Another fault it seems to calculate in blocks of an hour, so if you dip in and out of the game it regards you as playing continuously, ie you actually only play for an hour over a 4 hour period, the system will count it as 4 hours play.
    Returns from scrolls are not affected, obviously if you buy a scroll they cant suddenly reduce the awards.
    It takes about 8hrs to hit negative.
    I am a gentleman of leisure, I can play as much as I like, though usually multi-tasking with other activities, I've been up to -60%.
    I have been playing on int12 which has had this system from the start, during the day bots are at normal level, I've not tested between midnight and 8am for obvious reasons.
    What about the people in hospital who having nothing else to do but play seafight, punish the sick BP, well done!

11. sorinaccio

sorinaccio Forum Greenhorn

bokor last month be like : Edit

Last edited by moderator: Feb 1, 2019
  12. TãñK™

TãñK™ Advanced

I think that this was the most awful idea ever i mean im in scrolls for hours then i get done and im -30 its like you want people to stop playing the game a long time and do it just for a few hours a day. this is just going to make people quit playing and you loos money. iv played since 2008 and i even want to quit

13. MiniMeanie

MiniMeanie Padavan

You know what, it is what it is, we all want rid of the undesirables. BP have run scripts in the past and within days the bots are updated and back on the water. If this helps then more power to their elbow.

I've hit -10% when I'm off work at the weekend, guess what I do, I log off, simplz. I get some sleep lol

For those not working that can play for as long as they like. Have a break, go get some fresh air, a nice lunch. Log off for a couple of hours and you be fine. For those say "suddenly I'm at -60" sorry but that there raises a few flags. It's not sudden! That takes a good few hours. I'd be questioning what were you doing for the 5 hours between -10 and -60 :oops:

Logging for a few mins don't help. Take a 2 hour break after you have been on for 6 hours etc then come back and relax.

Ranting about this one is not gonna change it. Sorry to disappoint, choose your battles. If we complain about everything, the legitmate points are going to be lost.

Bawdyn and HMS-dozza like this.
  14. Destruction

Destruction Old Hand

I think u play only for farm and makes pearls and giving people idea who need your ideas people are scared to fight new update is terrible when I see that -10 it feels like someone forcing me to quit game bigpoint had to remove new update 80% of players didn't like it

15. MiniMeanie

MiniMeanie Padavan

It's only the farmers that this really effects. As far as I know it does not affect your battle points so stop crying. You are not being forced to log off. You are being forced not to farm 24/7 (i.e. stop autoing the game)!

P.s that's not a personal attack, I don't know the guy above or his habits.

kyloe likes this.
  16. TEX~BULL

TEX~BULL User

As Mini stated it only affects farmers. It does not impact quests or scrolls or pvp rewards.

Tex

17. _RATTY_.

_RATTY_. Exceptional Talent

gd point Des bro!
    Btw how are you budy are yous still playn , i hvnt seen u on UK server , are u playn on other servers?

Regards!

18. HMS-dozza

HMS-dozza Regular

I'm not certain what you're trying to say, this doesn't read well at all :/

19. think he trying to say while your logged in you farm to make pearls and he don't wanna hear your idea..
    and he try fight when he log in and see he has already -% at critical levels lol

20. kyloe

kyloe Forum Master

So i played for a combined total of 9 hours the other day, in the course of this 9 hours i took 3 breaks, about 1 hour each, I took these breaks because the Diminishing Returns turned to -10%, after each break it was reset.
    Within 2-3 hours of playing it was back to -10% so i logged out, 3 times this happened to my confusion so I asked how this is calculated, here was my response:

Unfortunately we do not have any information on time limits etc. These are set by the developers. As far as we are aware the longer you play then the diminishing returns will kick in, then you have to be offline for so long before it resets.

Im sorry that is all the answer I have.

Now Dont Get Me Wrong, I am for this new system, i would just like to understand how it works so that I can plan my gaming accordingly.

How can you put this plan into place without at least explaining to players how it exactly how it works??

_RATTY_. likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.