feedback

Discussion in 'Users’ Corner' started by Łé††éяš~öƒ~мåяqµé, Jul 16, 2021.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. What I love about Seafight is if you say the word 'bot' the chat and forum mods are quick to jump in and pass out bans, but if you point out a game issue, they are nowhere to be seen!

Sea~Stream likes this.
  2. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

Yeah - it is so frustrating. It only took me about 10 years before BP Support stopped telling me not to automatically assume a player is cheating and it must be investigated, etc. You know the routine. In my opinion, I think the Mods are "stuck between a rock and a hard place". They are "liaisons" or "conduits" between the developers and players. So all they can do is pass the information on (and that is all they are able to do). I miss a couple of them: "Tex-Bull" and "USS Nimitz" for examples, whom I felt like tried their very best. I like "Swift" too. But the game has had so many frustrating problems over the years that I am surprised it still exists. (By the way, your "pirate name" is one of the most sophisticated I have encountered. I remember long ago researching it because it piqued my curiosity. My compliments, fellow pirate)!

3. I agree...the mods are in a difficult position, but it is my opinion that they willingly put themselves there and can only be held accountable to their own standard. This game is so full of double standards it is a joke (but I still play after 12 years..:p) Now, I think one of the most enjoyable parts of the game for me is writing to support with *edit* requests that are full of insults and explicatives to see if they will actually close my account as they often threaten to do. I am somewhat amazed that anyone would work for a company that so blatently disregards the honest players and, seemingly, rewards the cheaters. They say they cannot do anything about it because of...blah. blah. blah...and maybe that is true, but their attitude is remarkably aloof. The mods are most likely nice people...obvously possessing some intelligence, which just further adds to by bewilderment. LoL. I just wish there were a venue where the deflection could be bypassed and some sort of actual conversation could take place.
    Thanks for the compliment....I think I got it out of a Clavell novel back when...Taipan or King Rat..I don't remember exactly. My ol' M8 God of War/Popeye did the 'art work' for me.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2021
    Sea~Stream and The*Defiant like this.
  4. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

You hit the nail square on the head there in the above blue-highlighted statement mate! Absolutely the point! We need interface with the game developers themselves! I heard long ago "Discord" was that alternative, but no way. We have THIS Forum. They need to come here....To Us!

5. I have seen some comments in the forums that offered 'free help' with addressing some of the programing issues. I am sure there are people who play the game who are great at writing script and could actually help the people at BP. I am beyond ignorant when it comes to this work, but it would seem to me that BP should be willing to listen to legit ideas and accept help. Oh well...it seems like some of the issues are being resolved, albiet slowly. The ongoing issue of people running bots will probably never go away which reinforces my thinking that there are probably people who are capable of helping. I just don't think it is financially viable for BP to make changes like that. I think it is extremely funny that BP suggests that there may be legal reprecutions to accusing players of cheating, but there are specific items regarding the use of programs in their rules. They LOVE giving out chat and forum bans if we mention cheaters, but they do nothing about the cheaters themselves. It is so easy to log into the game and find a bot farming away.... I actually got a chat ban for telling a player that he was mad because I kept sinking his bot...this player said, "what? I was just farming!" sheesh

Sea~Stream and The*Defiant like this.
  6. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

I hear you. I have had players that blew me away when they were actually "playing". Then later, when they were on "auto-pilot", I chained them relentlessly and capped them for hundreds of millions in gold <--(at least one player I did; then he got wiser and took the gold off his boat). But my point is that the *next* time they were actually online playing, they came after me with a vengeance (having viewed their Logbook). I made somebody mad! Ha-ha...I loved it, and those cheaters should be punished any way possible!

Sublette likes this.
  7. Discord is no different than here well just a little better but I deleted it. It's mostly the bot users and the ones using exploits and I never seen or heard from a single phantom developer there just faster reply from same mods that use this garbage space period. But that was back when they started a Seafight Discord and I only could last on it about 6 months with pokes and garbage.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2021
    The*Defiant likes this.
  8. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

Thanks mate! I wondered if I should have it checked it out. Now I know and am glad I did not!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.