Firepower

Discussion in 'Help' started by 8luckyjack8, Dec 10, 2013.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 8luckyjack8

8luckyjack8 Exceptional Talent

I have 188-55 pound cannons and 27-60 pound cannons(on 10 pearl decks and a mojo deck). All of them are upgraded to level 5. How many hitpoints should I be taking off a ship shooting hollow cannonballs?

2. [AM§]*Wølƒ*

[AM§]*Wølƒ* Forum Overlooker

No real idea, that would depend on your skills and castles. But I'll take a guess and say anywhere from 4.2 to 6K. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

*iceman*65 and ANTHONYGALLOWAY like this.
  3. ANTHONYGALLOWAY

ANTHONYGALLOWAY Forum Inhabitant

4k base no gunpowder, 5k if gunpowder provided you have explosive alchemy, any more skills in other will boost you to 6k :)

[AM§]*Wølƒ* and *iceman*65 like this.
  4. Seren

Seren Team Leader Team Seafight

Unfortunately this is not a question anyone can give a clear concise answer to, as stated above it would depend on many aspects of the configuration on your account. You have been given some idea by a fellow player, however we could not state that it was 100% accurate, but it does give you a basis.

5. 8luckyjack8

Thank you to everyone that took the time to address my question.

6. ANTHONYGALLOWAY

Ok guessing since you’ve managed to upgrade them to level 5.. you have a fairly decent ship and have all 5 skills in the following… agwa’s aim (6% extra accuracy); explosive alchemy (15% more effective with gunpowder) and ogun’s wrath ( 12% more damage on non-player characters)

This gives a total 27% more damage and 6% extra accuracy, plus you have 75% base accuracy with the cannons anyway. Due to the cannons having no special effects affecting base hits with hollows there’s no bonuses there, however if you use pearl ammunition 60 pounders do a little more, 5 damage points per volley and 10% extra crits and such.

So your current base hit damage would be … (20 x 1.27) per cannon ball so, (20 x 1.27) x (188+27) and then reduce this to your base shot for accuracy ((20 x 1.27) x (188+27)) x (0.75 +0.06) = 4423.41 with gunpowder’s on, on an non player character.

This doesn’t seem like much right? But then all your other buffs come in, if you have level 6:

Astrolabe: ((20 x 1.27) x (188+27)) x (0.75 +0.12) your damage = 4751.07

Gunpowder flask: ((20 x 1.33) x (188+27)) x (0.75 +0.06) your damage = 4632.39

Put them both together you get ((20 x 1.33) x (188+27)) x (0.75 + 0.12) your damage = 4975.53

But if you have a ship design = to the average ie a obliquosis equivalent I’m guessing you’re on or below level 22 elite so you have 12% damage bonus so ((20 x 1.45) x (188+27)) x (0.75 + 0.12) your damage = 5424.45 not bad eh? ;)

So you can see, your hits will range from 4k to 6k without scroll bonuses queens legacy and buffs, but please bear in mind, I haven’t included Virgo, Capricorn us, Sagittarius or cancer map damage bonus, nor have I included the polished muzzle’s accuracy bonus, or the hailstorm’s or the queen’s legacy damage bonus nor the extra cannons you can have in castles, nor the extra cannons you can have with an ivory and ebony deck, but the most you could be hitting is around 10.5k crit with hollows on a fully maxed boat J hope this further eliminates any query’s you have :)

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
  7. 8luckyjack8

The reason I'm asking about this is because I had an account a few years ago in which I was hitting over 5000. Then I had no 60 lb cannons, only 55 lb. None of them was upgraded past level 4 and some of them only to level 3. I had no special ship that gave me additional firepower as I do now (you're correct that I have a 12% hitting bonus ship now). I'm quite certain that I had very little , if any hit bonuses. Now I only hit between 4100 and 4600 without black powder. I also have ogun's wrath up to 8%.

Do you know if there was some kind of reduction in hit power made during the last few years?

By the way, you're knowledge of this game is truly amazing. Seren better be careful or you'll have her job in no time ( I saw the posting about you're desire to be a mod).

Thanks again for you're thorough explanation.

ANTHONYGALLOWAY likes this.
  8. ANTHONYGALLOWAY

hahaha i do desire to be a mod :) and they did a correction to the damage calculations a while back, it made everyone's hit's go down like 500 or so on hollows. and no problem, maths is my forté :)

9. Seren

Seren Team Leader Team Seafight

As the players query has been answered this post will now be closed.

~Closed~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.