Suggestion Level 4 ribs or hardwood beams?

Discussion in 'Help' started by ICantPoo, Jan 30, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TEX~BULL

TEX~BULL User

2. Swift

Swift Community Team Team Seafight

Ahoy,

I will try to provide a little bit more information on Dodge and Damage Prevention.

Okay so firstly Damage Prevention is basically negative Cannon Damage and is applied to the base value of Ammunition. So for example the Ammunition has 100 damage base, with 10% Damage Prevention it would do 90 Damage. If the attack had 50% Cannon Damage and defender had 10% Damage Prevention, that would result in 40% Cannon Damage so the ammunition would do 140 Damage.

Dodge chance is negative Hit Probability. 100%+ Hit Probability means that everything does maximum damage. However, if you have less than 100% then all forms of damage from the shot get lowered; Damage of Time, Elite ammunition bonus, Impact Damage, Occult Damage, Base Ammunition Damage, etc.

In my opinion, the reason why Dodge chance is relied upon more for PvP is because as you have mentioned, it would take 100% Damage Prevention to reduce just 36,000 Damage. Where with Dodge chance, although it can be somewhat negated, now players are hitting upwards of 150,000 on other players, it would take only 24% Dodge chance to reduce the same 36,000 Damage. So basically you are reducing more damage per % with Dodge chance than Damage Prevention.

Then you also have to keep in mind other situation items, such as Hailstorms only being good when close; if you are in Windstorm range not only do they lose the 10% Hit Probability for not having Hailstorms equipped, but they lose a further 15% for equipping Windstorms.

Just a few more things to think about :p

Swift

3. HMS-dozza

HMS-dozza Regular

This is what I thought, so basically there is no set answer and it depends entirely upon what your opponent has.
    Though my favor towards damage prevention stems from the fact that virtually every player has access to ~120%+ accuracy which completely negates your first gem and then some, while prevention negates at least something.

24% dodge chance is easier said than done though, assuming they have just 120% accuracy, you now need 44% dodge chance for the same effect right?

I dunno, you just gotta follow the meta I suppose.

4. ICantPoo

ICantPoo Someday Author

is their not a possible bug with long range ? i have been at long range distance, and still shot if it i was close to them ?

5. Swift

Swift Community Team Team Seafight

Ahoy,
    There is not an issue that we are aware of. Should you encounter or be able to reproduce one please send as much information as you can to our Support Team where they will investigate further and forward the issue along to be corrected.

Swift

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.