locking on

Discussion in 'Help' started by Łé††éяš~öƒ~мåяqµé, Feb 2, 2021.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Any advise or opinions regarding locking on other ships? I click right on ships and nothing happens as they sink me...bah! This is a little ridiculous and I know I will get some 'very good' answers...haha.

2. Bawdyn

Bawdyn Forum Ambassador

Another way to lock onto a ship is by scrolling with your mouse scroll wheel. It moves from one ship/monster/tower to the next, stop scrolling when the ship you want to shoot has the yellow circle on it.

bodean likes this.
  3. -pysa-*

-pysa-* Junior Expert

when you get shot or shooting something something will pop up. if you dubble click that thing, it's standard that it's on the left side of your screen. if you do that you should get aim on the enemy. or maybe you should generally just aim better. scrolling is another way yes, but not a good choice if it's a lot of NPC's/monsters nearby.

4. Hey..thanks for the suggestions...my problem is locking on players who are, either attacking me or someone near me. Sometimes I practice locking on players who are just near me and it seems very difficult. I can pass my pointer all over them and I get nothing...when in battle, it is even worse since they are usually moving... It seems crazy that I can try locking on a ship that is not moving and I cannot find the 'sweet spot' that I need. I am in the middle range of power and am getting sunk by players that I should easily sink, but they are getting 5 or more volleys off before I can even get one...If I am lucky...there are times when I just sit there and get sunk because I cannot lock on. Frustrating.

5. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

It is a game skill...keep practicing!

6. LoL bro...I have been playing as long as you...it doesn't have anything to do with practice.

7. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

Well...I don't have trouble locking. Why do you? It is nothing but skill gained through practice.

8. ok m8....whatever you say. You are obviously much more skilled than I am. :p

9. ŖΥOÜ~

ŖΥOÜ~ Someday Author

same thing some ships you cant lock on tell tha atak you i think its a cheet but it is as it is

10. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

There is a way to get a quick lock once you have been attacked. I'll let you ask around and someone will tell you how. (Guess I do know a bit more than you; but I did give you this tip. If nobody tells you, then re-post and I will).

11. Bawdyn

Bawdyn Forum Ambassador

The method you refer to was already mentioned above in post 3. ;)

12. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

Yes. A bit vaguely described, but you are right. There is another different method too, but I have only been told about it by a Guild Leader, and never tried it.

13. Bawdyn

Bawdyn Forum Ambassador

I've used scrolling the wheel on my mouse a lot myself (my post #2 above). If you see someone approaching that you think might attack, start scrolling until they are locked. I find it faster to respond then to wait until they attack to have their attacker icon to dbl-click. As the OP says, if they are moving, it can be hard to find that sweet spot where you can select them to attack.

Of course the new attack on sight bot doesn't have any of these problems. ;)

14. JoeJohn1233

JoeJohn1233 Forum Greenhorn

attack on sight ?

15. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

I never had much luck with setting a key (i.e., my space bar) to "toggle opponents" and rotate the target each time I press it. There is software (which may indeed not be illegal to use, since it has non-bot behavior) that my Guild Leader once mentioned. But yes - the bots seem to lock on you immediately, and probably outplay many (if not all) humans. I did see a template once and was "totally blown away" at all of the options it had. That said, I'll play honestly and just accept my sinks!

16. I do use the "MouseWheel" if Im gonna lock on someone near a Mapchange or something else.. But If I`m being attacking of someoe, Im just take 1 Mouse Click on the Attacking Icon, and there you get the target/"in the battle" ( it starts shooting too) fast instead of touching everywhere in the seamap without a luck to tag the enemies.....Same with NPC`s.

The*Defiant likes this.
  17. I agree...I don't mind getting sunk, I am just trying to find better ways to lock on to attacking players (maybe by practice...but after 11 years, I don't think that makes much difference...lol.
    I will keep trying to find better ways and I appreciate any advise from you and the other players that helped me with this...

18. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

It does make one wonder how when you sail into a large stack of players, they can lock so fast on you. While I was never successful doing it, I do know that you can (if I understand it correctly) click in the Chat Box and scroll through the stack and see the various boat names and lock that way. At least that is what I have been told more than once. Anyone that wishes to correct me on that, please feel free to do so.

19. Xenoverse

Xenoverse Padavan

As far as I am concerned, I, as well, use the mouse scroll technique from time to time, although, it has the unconvenience of locking NPC/Monsters at times... I wish they added a piece of code to make it scroll only on actual ships, rather than everything, it wouldn't be too hard to code, and could be as simple as a push button in the settings menu, upon clicked, it locks only players, and when unmarked, you can target anything using the scroll, or something according to that...

The*Defiant and Bawdyn like this.
  20. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

P.S. I forgot that as part of the "Chat Box" scroll method I was told about, I believe you have to hold down the "ctrl" and "alt" keys at the same time on your keyboard while using the scroll wheel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.