New ranking calculation

Discussion in 'Help' started by **BeastMode**, Aug 5, 2021.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. **BeastMode**

**BeastMode** Forum Greenhorn

Can someone please explain how the rift and the demishing return is calculated in the new ranking because there is not really any explanation in there. So are they taking the time you played in the rift, the highest wave or the amount you played the rift or something else and do we have to play it weekly? And for demishing returns how is that exactly?

2. Carnage~Queen

Carnage~Queen Advanced

I can't - I doubt if BP can either - it diminishes what ever regular player level you were upto into a meaning less pile of indistinguishable mess found on a street pavement :mad:!
    YUK!!!

3. Pedro*_*Navaja

Pedro*_*Navaja Forum Apprentice

Can Sombody from BP, please place a explanation what's happening with the ranking?

4. -pysa-*

-pysa-* Junior Expert

done exp missions almost everyday for 1 year. and was very close to the next rank. now i am 2 ranks down from where i was..

5. all the ranking has g
    one out of window along with everything else nothing new for this game

The*Defiant and Carnage~Queen like this.
  6. Rymar

Rymar Board Administrator Team Seafight

Hello,

with todays sync we have adjusted the calculation for the Pirate Ranks.

Now your pirate rank is calculated as shown in the picture below:

rankpoints.png

The amount of the rift waves completed is counted as one variable.

Rymar

7. ~turnip~

~turnip~ Forum Duke

a lot of the confusion is centred around the diminishing returns, how exactly does that affect the rank points?

~xZukerx~ and The*Defiant like this.
  8. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

After everything that is wrong with this game, the developers "fix" the ranking (which wasn't broken). What a mess! I was Buccaneer rank at one point, and now I look like I just started playing Seafight. (If I had cheated using bots, I bet my rank would be much higher). Oh well - that's par for the course on this game.

9. Swift

Swift Community Team Team Seafight

Ahoy,

The ABC simply shows you the three calculations being taken into account regarding your rank, EP and ELP is not as important as it was previously, BP and the Rift now plays a part, and of course if you have minus Diminishing Returns your rank will be lower.

The Rift section of the calculation once the Rift resets on Tuesday will be the highest Rift wave you have completed that Rift week (noon Tuesday to noon Tuesday), this will be a value 0 - 30 (e.g. if wave 24 is your highest you will receive 24 for the Rift).

The Diminishing Returns is in section C, that is 3 minus the amount of Diminishing Returns you have reached. So as an example if you have reached in -40% in Diminishing Returns then you will lose 0.4 in that section, so section C would be 3 - 0.4 = 2.6. So this calculation lowers the rank points of the players whom are effected by Diminishing Returns, especially those whom are severely effected by that system.

The old version of the ranking was fit for purpose at the time, however now there are more aspects to Seafight and your overall pirate rank should be a combination of those.

Of course, you can post your ideas to change this again into the Ideas and Suggestions section of the forum or on the Seafight Discord (link in my signature to join).

An example with the following values (hover your mouse over the calculation in-game to see the values being used for your account):

EXP500,000,000This is your Experience Points
    ELP1,000,000,000This is your Elite Points
    BP150,000This is your Battle Points
    Level50This is your Level
    League4This is your League, e.g. 1 = Jellyfish, 4 = Manta
    Rift20This is the highest level of Rift you have completed this week
    Battle Points Rank18This is your Battle Point Rank
    Diminishing Returns0This is your Diminishing Returns modifier
    A = (((EXP+ELP)/100000)+BP/30)/2
    = (((500000000+1000000000)/100000)+150000/30)/2
    = 10000

B = (Level+League+Rift)+(Battle Points Rank/5)
    = (50+4+20)+(18/5)
    = 77.6

C = 3 - Diminishing Returns
    = 3 - 0
    = 3

Total Rank Points = A x B x C
    = 10000 x 77.6 x 3
    = 2,328,000

Now, if you had -40% Diminishing Returns, A and B would remain the same, but C would be:

C = 3 - 0.4
    = 2.6

Which would then mean:

Total Rank Points = A x B x C
    = 10000 x 77.6 x 2.6
    = 2,017,600

Resulting in lower total rank points.

Swift

10. *VIC615*

*VIC615* Forum Apprentice

BP has really screwed the pooch on this one, why do I still play this game? and I'm sorry Swift, but a rocket Scientist couldn't make heads or tails of the calculation matrix.

11. ~xZukerx~

~xZukerx~ Active Author

I was considered a Corsair, now I've become a cabin boy. I've been playing seafight since 2008, this is my reward for years of play:

Lowered in rank and even my 4380 days as a pirate are useless.

12. StarLightS

StarLightS Padavan

Will the diminishing returns always stay the same or can you bring it down? Cause I assume you want it as low as possible

13. It would seem as if BP could have just added a few higher achievment levels rather than knocking all the players down to levels they were at years ago, right? I mean, it seems like the 'new' ranking system was just intended to create more bad feelings about this game. OK...maybe the ranks we worked so long on were 'just symbols' but they were achievments that we players (other than the bot runners that is) paid $s and time for. Thank you BP for, once again, making the people who pay your wages feel like you just want to give us a nice slap in the face whenever you can. pftt

The*Defiant and piratebuccaneer. like this.
  14. piratebuccaneer.

piratebuccaneer. Someday Author

Yep, I have to agree with the other disappointed players here. I came back to the game in Nov. 2020 after approx. 8 years away, worked my way up several ranks, and now I'm back where I was when I came back. Perhaps making higher ranks to work towards would have been better than sliding all the people who actually put a lot of time and energy into their ships back where they were quite some time ago.

The*Defiant likes this.
  15. minesleeper

minesleeper Junior Expert

sorry swift, the reply from the devs is rubbish

Rift - mind numblingly boring, most players dont play it, has it even been fixed? - One for the bots, change back to all time level reached.
    Diminishing returns - bots will log before it ts reached
    Number of days as a pirate - still valid
    BP - not on pve servers most high BP'ers corrruptly gained
    Battle Point Rank - see BP

16. ☠FIREBALL☠

☠FIREBALL☠ Advanced

this new rank system is designed for bots. i have loads of ships above me , accounts not a year old . played 12 yrs on this account was at the top now it says im a feather no way is this right FIX IT.

17. trialf5ship

trialf5ship Forum Apprentice

If a feature isnot broke - why change it for an inferior ? New system is no incentive for any player especially smaller ships.
    Come on BP admit you have created a substantially flawed system and return to the system of last 8yr or so.
    Or am I being naive in thinkin any game problems are created by you...get the sound of cannons back on would be better than a graphic redesign of ranks to show that some UNITY game development is going on. This is not the way to pacify many ppl!!!!:(:mad::mad::mad::mad:

18. ~xZukerx~

~xZukerx~ Active Author

Suggestion:

In letter C, the formula could be:
    C= (3 - DR) + (Days as Pirates / 365)
    This would make old players valued.

Take Swift's example:

A = (((EXP + ELP) / 100,000) + BP / 30) / 2
    = ((((500000000 + 1000000000) / 100000) +150000/30) / 2
    = 10000
    B = (Level + League + Rift) + (Battle Point Rank / 5)
    = (50 + 4 + 20) + (18/5)
    = 77.6
    C = (3 - decreasing returns) + (Days like a pirate / 365)
    = (3 - 0) + (4330 / 365)
    = 3 + 12
    = 15

Total = A x B x C
    = 10.000 x 77,6 x 15
    = 11.640.000

Dividing Pirate Days by 365 is a suggestion could be more or less. But I think the most coherent would be 365, to count each year hoisting sails, repairing the hull, polishing the cannons, boarding enemies and hunting for treasure.

19. Swift

Swift Community Team Team Seafight

Ahoy,

Please also be aware that with the new ranking system this is based on your Mega Server (for example, England 1, Germany 3 and Germany 4 are all in the same ranking now), previously this was just your server (so for the same example it used to be just England 1 in a ranking, Germany 3 in another ranking and Germany 4 in a 3rd ranking). The merging of these ranks will have caused some players ranks to lower.

However, as the question has been answered and this is not a discussion thread, I shall now close this thread.

Please leave your ideas in the Ideas and Suggestions section, and any feedback in the General Feedback section.

Happy Sailing!

~Closed~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.