NPCs hitting a lot more on players

Discussion in 'Help' started by Alvijevitch, Nov 30, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alvijevitch

Alvijevitch Forum Apprentice

I read in one of the update logs that bigpoint added "some" extra damage that we take from NPCs, but now every NPC hits way too much, gildblades went from hitting 7k to 25k, Guardians from 16k to 26k, is this a joke? First bigpoint makes us buy and upgrade Reinforced Ribs and now make them utterly useless? Is this a bug or is this actually going to stay like this? Because everyone that I know has the same opinion, that it's a ridiculous and unnecessary change.

Lady.Wolf and z~fighters like this.
  2. Grand-mariner™

Grand-mariner™ Forum Veteran

The quote below from the Patchday notes gives the impression that this Cannon Damage was to be added to Event ships only. If this is indeed applied to all ships then this makes a mockery out of Reinforced Ribs which were sold.

I too wish to see crystal clear clarification of the true intentions here, from someone qualified or with the authority to respond, please.

1) Is this a temporary measure just for the event.

2) Intended for ALL NPC's

3) A complete mistake.

4) Or a devious permanent change.

Please state which of the above it is, Bigpoint?

The outcome will seriously affect whether I waste any more time, effort or money on this game in the New Year, or not, as the case may be!

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
    Lady.Wolf likes this.
  3. A-R-K-Y

A-R-K-Y Forum Overlooker

It is a necessary change, to all NPCs, intended, and I agree with the change, in fact, it is something I suggested.

Now, let me start by saying that I understand your frustration, and for a lot of the player base everything was fine, the NPCs were still hitting you quite hard, and were a challenge.

However, there were starting to become more and more boats, in which had over 100% Damage Prevention. Why is that important? Well, when you had over 100% Damage Prevention, all NPCs would "Miss" you, meaning you take 0 damage. All Guild Island Towers would "Miss" you also.

That was never intended. For instance, the Harrowstorm used to hit players 120,000 a shot when it first came out, 0 damage is quite a bit different than that. The Guild Islands, the players who took and paid for them had 0 benefits, and the islands couldn't protect themselves from attackers. Not to mention what would happen when you level your ribs? your gems? new items? It'd be a waste, it would be pointless in progressing your damage prevention any further as "Missed" is as low as you can go.

So how does this change fix that? Well, as we all know, your Cannon Damage is reduced by your targets Damage Prevention, this works the same for NPCs. So seeing as NPCs only had the starting 100% Cannon Damage, as soon as the player had 100% Damage Prevention the player would take no Damage. By adding, what I believe they have done, 20% Cannon Damage, this means that players need to reach 120% Damage Prevention at the moment (unachievable) to get "Missed" again.

Now, all Damage Prevention giving items, do still affect the amount of damage you receive, they will decrease the amount of damage you receive, just not by a game-breaking amount.

This may just be a blanket value to solve the current issue described above, they may tweak this Cannon Damage percentage, or even the base damage of the NPC yet.

-Arky

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  4. elipi

elipi Forum Apprentice

I like most of your suggestions ARKY but with this is have to disagree.
    We spent money in buying the new extensions (especially the defensive) and now they are completely useless.
    Before extensions I was getting shot 25k in Lionmap,after extensions 8k,now 24k,are you guys serious ?
    I fthey want to balance the game then don't even put new stuff for sale,which will later be "removed".

5. Seren

Seren Team Leader Team Seafight

The update will be a permanent addition to the game, however the feedback generated has been forwarded. Until we hear otherwise, we have to believe that there will be no changes to this, but as we all know changes can happen. We just have to wait and see.

As the OP has been answered this post will be closed. However please do open a new thread in the general feedback section of the forum, this way we have more information to forward. Please keep your comments polite, but explain why you feel this is wrong, or why you feel that this is a good move. The more information we collect the better the developers are aware of your concerns.

Thanks

Seren

~Closed~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.