Support Pirates Code Forum post

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by USS_Defender(CAG-01), Jan 12, 2024.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. USS_Defender(CAG-01)

USS_Defender(CAG-01) Exceptional Talent

The Winter Thaw Event was poorly implemented, there was client Script errors which prevented logging on and you could not log on using the Browser version. The Game play features explanations are/were incomplete and poorly presented in the Forum and do not match those available on the Seachart, particularly the Quests. The Pirates Code post is simply a cover up for incompetence/favoritism, probably both. This is not a good sign of Game Play yet to come.

2. LustySerpant

LustySerpant Junior Expert

hahaha, well said captain popeye, with this i need nothing to say since you (captain Defender), have already posted what i was gonna say. pirate code was nothing new, its just the timing of what was posted, i say its another damage control post egged on by the mods.

3. USS_Defender(CAG-01)

USS_Defender(CAG-01) Exceptional Talent

The Nautical term is CYA.

The*Defiant likes this.
  4. HALIMAW

HALIMAW Forum Apprentice

hmm, same here!

5. 8luckyjack8

8luckyjack8 Old Hand

I'm sorry I have to agree with you.

6. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

There is definitely a balance between our need to understand the various elements of an event in order to fully enjoy it, and letting us "have the joy of finding out on our own". I agree with you. I think they are slacking off on their jobs, and presenting that to us as the concept of "we will let you figure it out yourselves". When you add in all of the game malfunctions that constantly happen (like the script errors you mentioned), and it becomes even more clear to me that this is indeed the way they are doing it.

My kudos to Rymar's efforts to list our event quests. But for the Christmas Event we had a ton of them. Too many for one person to list. And we needed all of them properly listed! Rather than get another person to help him, they just hide behind "we want you to discover them".

Last edited: Jan 13, 2024
  7. they just hide behind "we want you to discover them".

i like this realy .. hahaha

The*Defiant likes this.
  8. BOMBER890

BOMBER890 Advanced

Every patchnote they hide new nerfs and take away things unrightfully , like the 6x overlord lv5 fallback for the winter thaw event , on day 1 people got a lot of them. Then they just changed the odds to nearly 0 and now you can't get any. There have always been details secret in the game that isn't new but that announcement is just an excuse to make more mistakes and screw the players over. Can't wait for the next scandal . Respect to you uss defender for posting this and im just surprised they haven't taken this post down.

Loki1621 and kz1100 like this.
  9. They don't have to list and explain everything word to word on how to do things, obviously. We are not asking for that, just at least don't hold back essential information that prevents you from progressing through the event, that's all I want, personally! Like for example, the winter event quests. They "forgot" to mention that if you won't do the dumb atlantis quests, you'll not have more quests on the surface as well, so you'll be stuck! And exactly that's what happened, so I abandoned it multiple times, because I didn't know what to do! (again, we should not be forced to do atlantis quests to continue your quests on the surface anyway, 2 separate things!) And those errors and "mistakes" in each of every event, like the market and cannon scandal... they left it for 5 days and after took it all back, saying it was a "mistake"! :D Oh, really? Why do you have a beta server, if you are not testing events there, before they go live? And why? because you just don't care, that's why, simple as that! And these cover ups and pretending they are doing... I don't even continue, it is pointless anyway!

Last edited: Jan 14, 2024
  10. .Kenze.

.Kenze. Board Analyst

Hear hear. Seems like they will "force" us going under sea in the future. If we dont upgrade our submarines and spend money again,we get shot down in 1 shot down there and takes hours to complete.Very sad.o_O

11. lude1962

lude1962 Forum Duke

Pirate Code:
    BP over all the years I have played have used 'The Pirate Code' to refuse supply information to players. 'find it yourself', 'a good captain knows the way' etc. The root cause probably lies with the dev team refusing to supply info to the mods. Why can't the dev team engage directly instead of having multiple layers of deflection?

In future when something doesn't work correctly ie bug will the response now be its the pirate code to cover up these errors?
    Another scenario, instead of actually playing the game do you spend all your time trying to find secrets that may or may not exist?
    And another, if I do x,y and z I get a boost, is it a bug you are exploiting or a secret you have found?

The list of event quests is now a wall of text, it needs to be changed to tabular format with graphics ie picture of quest giver and their quests listed below.

Coincidence
    The pirate code has been revealed the same time as a new seafight employee has appeared on discord ' PhilipGHarris' from his posts he appears to be another go between to the devs and from his posts comes from a gaming background.

And finally
    'The essence of gameplay lies in the joy of exploration and discovery.'
    SF is not an openworld sandbox game hunting for wizard potions and special spells.

12. Loki162

Loki162 Regular

it seems to me that if they are trying to force us to play atlantis there must be a lot of players not going there. It should be a separate game and then maybe I will play it

13. Pirates code, simplified version (So everyone understands)

We don't care, so find out yourself. Also we might take away your stuff without notice, but don't be mad, deal with it!:cool:

14. Rymar

Rymar Board Administrator Team Seafight

Ahoy Pirates!

Your feedback regarding the announcement has been forwarded onto the appropriate party.

Since there is nothing else that we can add (at this moment) regarding this matter I will close this thread.

Rymar

~Closed~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.