Prices

Discussion in 'Users’ Corner' started by NOOB, Mar 14, 2022.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NOOB

NOOB Forum Greenhorn

Make all the prices for everything the same as what Turkish prices are. You wanna bring out new cannons all the time, if they were cheaper more people would probably buy them. Think about it 10 people buying $80 packages or 40 people buying $40 packages.. This game is and has been just see what new things can bring out for money and raise prices. Used to be people would buy pearls and could have a full pearl ship for $200 , now you would have to spend $5000 and by the time you get your ship maxed out new cannons will be out. There used to be 100's of ships on at 1 time, now on Global 6 if you go through 5 maps and you might see 1 ship. It's all about the money!!

™(®)™ and [Gypsy] like this.
  2. -H3mm0-

-H3mm0- Forum Greenhorn

It is sad and true that the servers are not in balance with each other. And starting a game as a beginner always costs more when the game is updated in that respect, without considering the starting point of the new players. I can imagine why the game doesn’t attract players and doesn’t make them stay as well from year to year. This I have noticed the player's amounts and friends disappear on certain servers.

[Gypsy] likes this.
  3. Sea-Sea

Sea-Sea Forum Inhabitant

I can understand if the price is not the same in all countries as the general average wage varies much from country to country. A normal worker gets maybe around 700 euros in Turkey. 1500 euros in Spain and 3000 euros in Scandinavia. It is very common that companies have different prices in different countries, just see the prices of a Big Mac in different countries or Netflix.

The problem for BP is that their revenue is getting smaller and smaller every year and their philosophy is to just bring new items to the game, like these new cannons and hope players will buy them (normally start with 10 pcs lvl 0 cannons including in some package for maybe 59.99 euros) to keep up their revenue.

This tactic by adding stuff to the game, that can only be obtainable by money, may work for some years, but after a while, the total price for a fully equipped ship gets so high, that they have very difficult to attract new players.

When I started to play SF for around 14 years ago, you could get a fully equipped ship with 105 pcs 55 lbs cannons (the max at that time and the best cannons at that time) for around 1 mill pearls, bought during mega happy hour for 99,99 euros. Nowadays you most likely have tp pay 10.000+ euros for a fully equipped ship with the best of everything you can buy for money, so most new players will stop playing the game after few days, when they realize how much time and money they have to spent to be competitive.

That BP stills sells 330.000 pearls for 99,99 euro (tripled up during MHH), tells me so much, that there is nobody working at BP with a higher business education, not even a basic one. Most average players can make 330.000 pearls in 1-3 hrs.

If BP wanted to earn money they could do as follow:

1. Introduce Crystal, Yulong and Safrand packages for a reasonable price, as there still are many (especially honest players) who still need a lot of Crystals, Yulong and Safrand for all the weapon/equipment extension slots available (With my available time of playing, it will take me approx. 5 years to collect the needed Yulong/Safrand coins by honest playing).

A price like 20 euros for a package with 200.000 Yulong or 100.000 Safrand or 100.000 Crystals I consider reasonable. (I know it is totally unrealistic with BP's current price policy, but there is a huge different between BP's currently price policy and what is consider reasonable pricing by most players). With above mentioned suggested price it most likely will still cost a new player more than 500 euros (have not made the math how many crystals/yulong/safrand is needed for a fully equipped/upgraded ship?), just to get the crystals/yulong/safrand needed for weapon/equipment extension slots, and then we still have all the crystals/yulong/safrand needed for cannon and extension upgrades.

I know there already now are Crystals/Yulong/Safrand including in payment packages, but the number of is way to low to make those package attractive for the general player.

2. Lower their general prices by around 80%. i.e. a package that today cost 50 euro should cost 10 euro. It is better to sell 200 packages for 10 euros/pcs than 20 packages for 50 euro/pcs.

What all serious company do at all time, is to analyze the market, what price can we put on our products to get most possible revenue/profit. If the price is to high, nobody will buy it. If the price is to low, then the earning pr. unit can get to low to make a profit, so what all serious companies normally do, is to try to find the correct balance between supply and demand to maximize their profit.

[Gypsy] likes this.
  4. trialf5ship

trialf5ship Forum Apprentice

A good comment for the Mainstay 'Cash/Credit Card Payers' of the game.
    For the loyal play for free players it does not encourage any new players to join or existing to stay. The Yulong coin requirement certainly needs addressing - even a five fold increase would do little to speed up uplifting ship levels from the current meagre base - mainly coming in at events!!:eek:

[Gypsy] likes this.
  5. ~xZukerx~

~xZukerx~ Active Author

Guys, i'm brazilian player. USA dollar worth 5 times the currency of my country (Real, BRL). Imagine that a 20 dollar package for me costs 5 times as much.

BP should undergo a drastic change. The future is subscription packages. We already have Premiun, Slash Blades... We can have others that increase the profit of Safanad and Yulong coins.

The crew could have new members that give us advantages too. Loot crystals, safanad and yulong coins, extra mojos from existing NPCs. It could also be by subscription these new crew members, accessible of course.

Almaaren Treasure Hunter: Increases safanad loot by 10%, just to give you an idea of what I mean.

6. AKYBOY

AKYBOY Someday Author

As long as people buy at BP price and they make a certain ammount of money i don t think they will make any changes. The only one affected are the players who are less and less to join imagine 14 years ago with 200 euro you could have a full eq boat and just do pvp now you need 5000 if you start from 0(eq with latest canons etc). I suggest someone from BP staff to do a test and start a ship from 0 and see how much money its needed and adjust the packages to year 2022 :)

Sea~Stream likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.