Pumpkin Festival

Discussion in 'Users’ Corner' started by Seren, Oct 30, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

No I didn't. That is how you get the "perfect" result. I get off 2 shots with pumpkin ammo on the big Gantril and then toggle to the Embla and it takes one pumpkin ammo shot. Then toggle back to the big Gantril and do 2 more shots, etc. And I just keep doing it that way. When the Gantril drops down (every few million hit points) to "Little Gantril" (1 million hit points), I just take my time and shoot him with regular explosive ammo. The when the big Gantril comes back, just resume what I said. Now I will mention that I do hit for 225k to 250k per shot with pumpkin ammo, and I do use several of the eye of precision to boost my Critical Hits. I also occasionally drop an Agwe's amulet. Feel free to ask me if there is anything I might can answer or help you with on this.

Thanks Tex! Hey, is it within the rules for me to make a short video and post it here to show players how I do it?

Thanks so much...great video and very helpful! What software did you use to record your video?

[Merged]

Last edited by moderator: Nov 7, 2018
  2. Swift

Swift Community Team Team Seafight

Ahoy,
    Personally I used something called FlashBack Express Recorder, but there are plenty of free good options to pick from.
    That would be brilliant! Make sure your video does not breach any or the regular board rules and also adheres to the ones located in Please Read before Posting.

Swift

3. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

Okay - here is how to do the Gantril Boss Map. The video is in 2 parts because the Gantril has 25 million hit points. Part 1 of the video is very repetitive, so I paused it and picked it back up at various spots (look at Gantril's hit points to see the jumps). For most players probably viewing Part 2 is enough to see how it is done. When Gantril got to around 2 million hit points remaining, I just let the emblas spawn and finished off the Gantril. (Here is another tip: buy the Great Gantril Grab Bag for $2.99 and get 10 Ancient Emblems - I find this easier than trying to swap them for Bone Essences).

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
    bodean and Swift like this.
  4. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

I have watched this video many, many times. Today I *finally* noticed that your Mod boat has 601,000 Voodoo Points and 789,500 Hit Points. That sure helps (plus hitting over 400,000 Ciritcals)! It is still cool to see the challenge accomplished though!

5. Swift

Swift Community Team Team Seafight

Ahoy,

Yes, video I provided was never intended as a guide for players to follow, as you rightly said the boat I filmed this on is slightly better than a players boat. As a lot of players have been having problems with understanding the workings of this map, it is simply a quick video showing the general idea and a strategy players need to take in order to complete it. Another strategy is to simply follow the "circles" around the map by staying inbetween two of the big circles you can sink all Creepers with a little less risk than trying to move in and out of circles.

Swift

6. Tergrinder

Tergrinder Junior Expert

Does no good to complain about Seafight, management doesn't listen and doesn't care, so play best you can and move on. Sad part of this event is how they took away pearl rewards from the minions - that was always a staple of this event in years past and was a good way for even smaller boats to be able to build up a little game capital. As has been the trend over the past couple of years since the change in BP management, rewards are disappearing and pressure to spend actual dollars has increased. It's a shame. Just like money and greed drive modern politics, so goes Seafight. This game used to be exciting, always fun and interesting. It has deteriorated into a complete and ongoing money grab, and events such as this one, which we all used to look forward to with great anticipation, have suffered greatly as a result. To those of you who have spent real money on worthless pixels, congrats, enjoy yourselves. To everyone else, myself included (I will never spend a penny on this game), resign yourself to farming and an occasional plum - it can still be fun on occasion. I'll keep playing for free until even that option is removed from the game - then I'll play poker or work on my hobbies. It's just a game, not worth getting mad over, not worth spending hard-earned money on either :) --- Happy sailing mates.

CSS_Shenandoah likes this.
  7. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

The best I have gotten with about one million hit points on my boat was to sink the first two creepers and then completely repair in the bottom left corner. Then go between the circles and sink the third creeper and go to the "sweet spot" behind the tiny island. I repped there and then took out the last creeper. *But* there seems to be little hope on sinking the Gantril, at 5 million hit points and hitting me for almost 100k per shot (and I have over 84.55% Damage Prevention)! It is very disappointing to get that close.

Tergrinder likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.