Repair Button is Frenetically Messed Up.

Discussion in 'Help' started by The*Defiant, Jun 5, 2021.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

I get sunk by a Silverblade and come back onto the water at 1k hit points(I thought it was supposed to be 10% of my base, but oh well) and then the Repair Button stays dark for 5 seconds or more. I usually have to drop amulets to get it "revived". Jeepers!

2. Swift

Swift Community Team Team Seafight

Ahoy,

This is not a bug; it is intended that after receiving damage you can not repair for a short while.

Swift

3. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

My goodness! Do you have any idea what the logic is behind this? Is this posted in the Patchday Notes?? (And by the way, thanks for the answer mate).

piratebuccaneer. likes this.
  4. Swift

Ahoy,

This is the intended function of repair; many years ago this was the case.

Basically, I believe it is to prevent repairing while being attacked or shortly after being attacked. I am sure you have seen how fast players can repair these days when equipped correctly - they could keep repairing while you fired on them and they would not be able to be sunk. By correcting this repair issue that has gone on in the Flash version for a long time, it shall prevent that from happening.

Swift

The*Defiant likes this.
  5. minesleeper

minesleeper Junior Expert

That wasn't the case many years ago, after being shot you could repair, which meant you could repair in between shots with some of the 'big' admirals, they shot slower then.
    BP first added an action cooldown function because the bots programs could change settings so fast BP's back end servers where too slow too keep up, enabling them to do mutliple things.
    The fact that bots could be fired upon while reparing is a fault with the programming and as always honest players are being penalized.
    They could have added a small piece of code to detect these repair cheaters and ban them.
    They could have added code to detect 'settings' being changed quicker than a person can react, but they won't...

Summary: fix the bad programming don't penalize the honest players.

6. Swift

Ahoy,

While you are entitled to your opinion, I can state with 100% certainty that it was not cheating to repair while being shot; simply spamming your repair and fire key enabled you to repair while shooting your target, no external program needed.

When you are talking about repairing while shooting admirals, you will remember that you had to cancel your attack before you could repair, in the recent version of flash you simply needed to press the repair key while shooting. Although we have had many iterations of functions within the game, a delay after being attacked was indeed one of them, you may remember having to move out of range before you could repair.

Either way, this is not a technical issue, if you disagree with the change, please leave your feedback in the Unity thread or your idea/suggestion to change it in the Idea and Suggestions section to be forwarded along.

As there is no issue here, I shall now close the thread before this turns into a large discussion.

Happy Sailing!

~Closed~

The*Defiant likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.