seachart

Discussion in 'Help' started by crazy-diamond, Feb 26, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crazy-diamond

crazy-diamond Junior Expert

Hi, anyone got any ideas on this one? -
    For over a week i cannot get onto the seachart
    I use firefox and windows xp, for a while now the flashplayer updates give me problems so i have been using version 10.3 , this now seems to be disabled as when i try to get on the seachart it says i must update flashplayer

Flash player 12 just will not work, nor will version 11, i have looked through the internet and found hundreds of people have the same problems with this and numerous other games and pages etc. even sites like utube seem to be affected,
    obviously i have tried all the basic things like clearing cache, restarts, scans, defrags, clean ups, i have made the recomended adjustments in the flash settings manager, updated firefox to version 28, uninstalled, reinstalled, cleared old versions and tried numerous versions of flashplayer, tried various different browsers plus countless other things ive tried to resolve this, it seems to me that seafight is just not compatible with what i am running here, the seachart gets to around 50% ish then just crashes .. any technical advise would be appreciated

please just dont suggest anything like 'have you cleared your cache'

i believe other players of seafight are having similar problems and it seems to me maybe this is some thing that has recently been changed within the game system and some of us unlucky ones have been overlooked

Crazy-Diamond

england 1

I.D. 9034115

2. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

Because of some of the problems over the past several months, I personally have my Seachart set (Upper right top) to Options/Graphics/Animation and only have checked these 2 boxes: (1) Display effects and (2) Effect - Ship sunk. Now I realize that is no help if you can't load your Seachart. I have had my Flashplayer (and I have had a bunch of updates recently to it) crash a lot lately with a White Screen and a Huge Exclamation Mark. When this happens I always click "Send Crash Report" and click "Reload". I did see where in Today's Patch Notes they applied a fix to try to enhance performance. If you still have this same problem of being unable to load past 50%, could you tell me what OS you run (I run Windows XP SP3) and what Browser do you use (I use Firefox for Seafight)? Perhaps between all of us we can get you back on the waters!

3. crazy-diamond

hi mate, like i said above, windows xp, i usually use firefox browser but have also tried chrome and explorer and exactly the same happens and i cant get past 50% on the seachart

4. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

Sorry I did not see the OS and Browser you previously stated. Have you tried Google Chrome?

5. crazy-diamond

yes i've tried chrome, exactly the same, as is explorer

6. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

I'm using Flashplayer 12.0.0.70. In the past I also tried to run an archived version of Flash when having Seafight game trouble and it is difficult as you mentioned (prompts that what you have is outdated, etc.). I would use Internet Explorer and log in to Seafight and see if you get a "You need to update FlashPlayer" message. If so, go to adobe (through IE) and download it and run the test to verify it works. Then if the game wont load through IE, go bacl to Firefox and try. (The reason for my telling you to jump through all of these hoops is that IE and Firefox seem to not communicate well where Flash is concerned).

7. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

Pub Mail me The*Defiant your phone number and I'll call you and help you fix it.

8. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

Sorry...I suppose my phone number idea was a bit invasive. Have you done the deletion of all the Flash folder items except "Settings" etc...(includes "Shared Objects" to be sure you are getting the latest version of Seafight)? When I have had your problem, I have always been able to solve it through trial-and-error troubleshooting and research. But it is definitely easier to do by phone, except I also see you are in England and I am in the USA. Anyways, if all else fails I do offer to call you internationally to help you. Thanks.....The*Defiant

9. crazy-diamond

Hi, no the phone idea wasn't a problem, i spent some time last night on the adobe support page, seems lots of people are having problems of a similar nature with all types of games and video sites on different pc, browsers, windows versions etc.
    I tried what you said about explorer, i uninstalled it, reinstalled version 8 then clicked on the update adobe strip, this kinda worked as after doing this i rebooted and i actually got on the seachart for a short while, incredibly laggy play tho, back page constantly freezing up and map changes virtually impossible , as it was quite late by this time i gave up and switched off, i will persevere today and maybe contact you later today if still no joy

10. Vander_Decken

Vander_Decken Forum Apprentice

same as me my friend
    u can do this REOPEN and REOPEN again if u stuck in 50% or in loading just close and reopen it

11. Beatlejuice.

Beatlejuice. Forum Greenhorn

I was having a lag issue with google chrome so while doing some research I came across this. https://www.enounce.com/chrome-disable-pepperflash It solved my problems with lag. Disable pepper flash and install latest version of adobe flash. (12) Probably get banned for posting this link but it might be worth a try for your issues.
    Good luck getting back on the game.

12. scottygal

scottygal Forum Apprentice

Try restoring ur computer to ur factory settings what ever the problem is it should work again, or restore it to a point where it did work, i used to have that problem years ago and thats how i fixed it - Hope to see u back soon :p

13. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

Well - you are making some progress, even if it is slow-going. Are other players on your Server having this problem? Since this Event (its intensive Graphics and the sheer number of players at times) drags on the Servers, when on the water, I keep my FPS at no more than 30 and virtually everything that uses resources turned off. On Options/General/Connection details, when the MEM starts pushing over 350 Mb and FPS goes way down (like 12 FPS), I tend to interpret that to mean a lot of people are on my Server and it is struggling to keep up. However, I will mention I have *No* dedicated Video Card, just a 2.8 Ghz Processor and 3 Gigs of DDR2 RAM (not DDR3, but it works well). Feel free to contact me mate. Thanks.

14. Nimitz

Nimitz User

Ahoy mate,

Have any of your fellow pirate's suggestions helped you? Please keep us updated so we can help. Thank you.

15. crazy-diamond

well, i uninstalled explorer, reinstalled the latest version, logged into seafight then clicked on the update flash icon and like i say, i can now get on the water albeit extremely laggy and not very playable at all, firefox still will not work at all which is a pain as this was always the browser i found seafight worked best on, so no, not really much of an improvement, game is virtually unplayable and clearly something is wrong here somewhere, either with firefox, adobe flash or seafight itself

16. Grand-mariner™

Grand-mariner™ Forum Veteran

CD - Just wondering if you have tried a uninstall of the firefox browser then a reinstall. I did this and it has made the game playable although a little bit laggy, which seems to be a trait of Seafight and nothing other players don't seem to suffer from. All the problems I had started after the multiple restarts from last Thursday!

Save your firefox settings when you do the uninstall like your bookmarks and plug -ins, it does give you this option to save if you uninstall from your control panel. When you do get back into seafight use the configurator and turn down the frames per second a few (ten) on the slider in the visual settings, this has worked for me I do believe firefox had become corrupted. - Good luck!

Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
  17. crazy-diamond

Thanks GM, i did reinstall firefox the other day,upgraded it to version 28, will give it another try tho, just out of interest before i do tho which version of firefox are you running on?

18. Lewo17*

Lewo17* Forum Apprentice

clear flashplayer cache.

19. crazy-diamond

Thanks Lewo, but that was actually one of the first things i tried over a week ago lol :)

20. soljaboy

soljaboy Regular

hi cd m8 i have a few ways that may help you bro.

ok firstly i found that when i had google chrome and firefox installed both internet browsers clashed even if i only had 1 browser open. so i deleted google chrome and firefox and then just reinstalled the 1 browser. (internet explorer doesnt seem to affect the browsers)

next heres a link on disableing startup programms sometimes this slows your computer down. http://www.howtogeek.com/74523/how-to-disable-startup-programs-in-windows/ all the step by step instructions are there bro.

thirdly id recomend getting a command cleaner/ registery cleaner programme to clear all unneeded data. theres various safe programms which are free and easy to use.

finally in morzilla firefox go to add ons then extensions and search for low quality flash 0.2 and install this extension it has greatly improved my gameplay.

hope this helps bro.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.