Seeking progression advice

Discussion in 'New Pirate Tutorials' started by Velqurand, Mar 16, 2024.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Velqurand

Velqurand Forum Apprentice

Hiya,

Thanks in advance to any and all whom take the time to read and reply to this, it is appreciated.

I am currently lvl 18 and struggling to make power progression.

My cannons are;
    3 lvl 2 Overlord
    18 lvl 6 Bastion
    60 lvl 3 Bastion
    100 lvl 1 Worldbreaker
    102 lvl 0 Worldbreaker
    25 lvl 1 Painbringer
    24 lvl 0 Painbringer

My thoughts

- I do still have room for progression in the behemoth raid to upgrade my Painbringers to Worldbreakers though the time investment for the gains makes it seem like it is probably not my best option.

- I have checked the Quest Menu and my upcoming quests will not be giving me cannons as they once did either. (Something like 2 cannons in the following 20 levels of quests)

- I noticed that when I reach level 25, the commonwealth raid map drops 'Doomhammer or Devastator or Firestorm Cannons Level 0' but these are worse than the cannons already given out?

Is the info on here out of date or is progression just a bit scuffed / paywall'd?

Once again thank you for reading, please feel free to ask for more information or advise me in anyway you see fit.

2. Velqurand

Skills - (have resources for upgrades but happy with survivability for now)
    Damage
    Boarding Bonanza 10/50
    Super Salvo 50/50
    Extra Arms 50/50
    Defense
    Quick Fix 05/50
    Hale and Hearty 05/50
    Reduce Harm 30/50
    Rocket Proof 20/50
    Super Structure 25/50
    Voodoo Velocity 30/50
    Dodge Ball 25/50
    Economy
    Damage Maker 23/50
    Monster Remedy 07/50
    Harpoon Hustler 20/50
    Speed Freak 50/50

Castles - (my preference would be to wait till castle days to upgrade these)
    Gunpowder flask 3/10
    Cannon loader 4/10
    Cannon storage 3/10

As mentioned above, my survivability is fine and I have resources to sure up any weaknesses if enemies suddenly jump in power. My main interest is in firepower/clearspeed.

3. Rymar

Rymar Board Administrator Team Seafight

Ahoy Velqurand!

The most crucial (in my opinion) within Seafight is your economy, how fast can you gain resources and how do you maintain them.

Second most important thing would be the ability to survive NPC / Players attacks, and as third your fire power.

I will gladly provide you with some advices but firstly please include the following information in your post:

1. What expansion items do you own and which one do you use right now?
    2. What are your ship gems and which one are you using (including Special)
    3. What are your pet gems and which one are you using (including Special)
    4. Within the League of Captains, do you know how that work? Do you run your captains for your daily missions / quests?
    5. Which Captain did you select as your 'main' and what were his / her base stats?
    6. Provide the following statistics right now (before any potential changes) - to do that go to Ship Equipment and look at the right side:

6.1 Hit Probability
    6.2 Damage Prevention
    6.3 Reload Time

I will make a post with few advices once you provide the information mentioned above.

Happy Sailing!

Rymar

4. Velqurand

Hi Rymar,

In answer to your questions,

1. My extensions are -

1 Steeled Chains
    1 Rowboat
    84 Wooden Beams
    1 Reinforced Ribs (equipped)
    134 Hardwood Beams (equipped)

2. My ship gems are -

Specials
    +10% ELP bonus

Offensive
    +25% Damage (equipped)
    +25% Critical Damage (equipped)
    2 lvl 25 (harpoon dmg, hit probability)
    4 lvl 24 (2 dmg, 1 crit dmg, 1 hit probability)
    8 lvl 23
    8 lvl 21
    5 lvl 20
    a few more of lower lvls

Defense
    +25% Damage Prevention (equipped)
    +16.5% Dodge chance (equipped)
    -13% HP repair duration +52% HP repair value (rarely lose me voodoo shield so of little use atm)
    1 lvl 25 (hitpoints)
    3 lvl 24
    7 lvl 23
    15 lvl 21
    5 lvl 20
    14 lvl 19

3. My pet gems are -

Special
    +1000 Ellite Ammunition Bonus (equipped)
    +50% Battle Point bonus
    +10% Maximum Healing value
    +5% Ammulet Cooldown

Regular
    +18.65% Damage Prevention (equipped)
    +18.65% Dodge Chance (equipped)
    1 lvl 26 (hitpoints)
    3 lvl 25 (2 harpoon dmg, 1 hit probability)
    9 lvl 24
    12 lvl 23
    1 lvl 22
    16 lvl 21
    8 lvl 20

4. I was looking into the article on this yesterday, I do run missions as much as possible.

5. As above I only educated myself on this yesterday and am yet to find my main (waiting on captains boxes for 95 vitality)

6. Stats
    +80% Hit probability
    +3.01 Reload Time
    +59.32 Dmg prevention

If I have left anything out then please let me know.

Thanks! :)

5. Rymar

Ahoy!

Alright let's start from beginning then:

1. Gems

It is important for you to understand a simple rule regarding the gems:

1. Your Damage Prevention affect Your Opponent Cannon Damage
    2. Your Cannon Damage affect Your Opponent Damage Prevention
    3. Your Dodge Chance affect Your Opponent Hit Probability
    4. Your Hit Probability affect Your Opponent Dodge Chance

So optionally you should have two ships with the following gems:

1.Main ship for both farming and fighting
    a) Damage, Hit Probability, Dodge Chance, Damage Prevention +special of your choice
    2. For events that do not require hit probability
    b) Damage, Critical Damage, Damage Prevention, Repair Gem +special of your choice

Note: Regarding Specials, Avanturine (5% armour plate bonus) seem to be best choice for now.

Regarding pets, you should also have two sets:

1. Main pet for fighting
    a) Dodge Chance, Hit probability
    2. Main pet for farming
    a) Dodge Chance, Damage Prevention

Note: You can create more ship designs / pets as soon as you get better gems - but that's yours to decide.

2. Castles

Regarding Castles my opinion would be to gather as many pearls as possible and wait for Castle Day* to save a bit of your resources, so let us skip on that part for now.

* Castle Day - Special time when all castles cost -25%

3. Skills

Within your Skills the most important is your Damage Prevention and Dodge Chance, let me list for you the most important ones so you can level them up when all resources will be gained.

Defensive:
    - Reduce Harm
    - Dodge Ball
    Offensive:
    - Super Salvo
    - Offensive Assault
    - Powder Punch
    - Range Finder

4. Expansion Items

Within information provided by you I can see a common mistake, there is a rule that apply to every extension item:

We have 2 different types of values regarding how the extensions work; absolute and relative values.

Absolute values are when extensions that contains the same type of value are added together to give you a total.

Relative values are calculated to at an average, meaning if a value is lower or not included on another equipped extension, the maximum value will be less. The value that is displayed in the overview shows the optimum value. This is the one that can be reached if you are either equipping only one extension, or extensions of the same type.

Now what I want you to do is to simply remove all beams and leave your ribs on. Take a look at your Damage Prevention it should jump from 59.32% mentioned by you.

The more Damage Prevention the better for you! So it is better so sacrifice some HP for greater defence.

For now focus on obtaining more ribs and other kind of expansions to improve your HP / VP and defence.

5. Extra Rewards - Vouchers

Seafight offer weekly Discord / Forum games where you can take a part and gain some additional rewards.

Weekly Mini Games can be found here -> Click!
    All Voucher Codes are posted here -> Click!

6. Captains

I am glad to hear that you are waiting with your Captains, for now stick to this rule:

Login -> Send your Captains -> Play or do anything you want

Always prioritize your Captains! Never forget about them. From the free chests that you obtained at the start you should have 1 Captain that can do your bonus maps, always send him/her in on a bonus map before you go to sleep so when you come back tomorrow your captain will be waiting with additional reward for you!

7. Events - Season

Take a look at current Season and the Birthday event and try to accomplish some tasks to get additional rewards (-:

I hope that some of the advices given will improve your game experience.

Its been a while since I did a smaller account (setup) but trust me right now when compared to last 5 - 10 years it is much easier to do a lot of things within the game, just don't give in!

If you have any further questions regarding anything at all, something that I did not include for now don't hesitate to ask!

I will gladly reply to all your queries.

Happy Sailing!

Rymar

6. Velqurand

Hi Rymar,

Thanks for this, it helps a lot!

Do you know if the commonwealth map still drops 'Doomhammer or Devastator or Firestorm Cannons Level 0' or has this been updated? (referencing a post by seren in 2017 named 'Commonwealth Raid Map')

Also are urls to other threads in this forum allowed?

Thank you :)

7. Disaster2604

Disaster2604 Junior Expert

It does, however i wouldnt waste time doing that, currently wrecks can drop 2x Overlord lvl. 4 cannon, chance is small but if you grind it, you can get a few cannons per day, till the end of the event that will add up for sure.
    Your best bet is to grind out as many cannons through events as possible. (if you want to play without spending big$ that is).
    And i forgot about event chests that can drop 1x. Bastion lvl 4

8. Rymar

Ahoy!

Commonwealth Raid Map provide you with a chance for these cannons (like it is listed within the FAQ).

Please be aware that some posts had their description changed to match the correct version.

Yes, you can include another thread link within your post just like I did in point 5

Happy Sailing!

Rymar

9. Velqurand

That's huge tbf, thanks! I was ignoring the wrecks previously aha

10. Velqurand

Thank you Rymar,

All questions answered!

11. Rymar

Ahoy Velqurand!

I will leave your thread open, if you have any further questions regarding ship building don't hesitate to ask.

Happy Sailing!

Rymar