Valentine's event 2018

Discussion in 'Users’ Corner' started by Seren, Feb 12, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corsair_Bill

Corsair_Bill Forum Connoisseur

Okay, hate sounding like a hung record, but the event is pretty much done in my case, my boat just isn't good enough for the event . . and I simply don't have the pearls to chase the event, I need what pearls I have for castles and talents, but it was fun while it lasted though, damage vs event hp just isn't worth the prize drops.

This is just my opinion, not trying to flame the event, good luck to those who can keep up with it and the nifty skins earned.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    Loki162 and The*Defiant like this.
  2. rubenrs

rubenrs Advanced

Yes loot of 60 crystals (60*220 = 13.2k worth in pearls) is really bad for 25m hp. Last event was 18k pearls for 9m hp (i.e. 2.78*18k = 50,000 pearls for 25m hp), and that was a bad payout in comparison to other events. The NPCs was also much easier to kill last event and no risk of killsteal. I only think a few players will participate heavily for the 3 emperor bags at #1 except for whatever is gained from sniping from noobs trying to do the event.

The shipwrecks are however decent in my opinion: Crystals, 60p lvl 1 and especially Hailstorms. This is decent preparation for next event.

And the ammo from shipwrecks will work well with kraken.

Rømø#23 likes this.
  3. UNHOLYREAPER

UNHOLYREAPER Forum Greenhorn

yep this is a waste of ammo

Loki162 likes this.
  4. rubenrs

rubenrs Advanced

The quests can be worth it though if in a good team. 20k pearls for 1 vial and one knife is good if with 6 or 7 people and 60k pearls for 10m dmg on Romeo and 10m dmg on Juliet is also decent. I'd say the daily quests is like 50k profit if done in a good and large team.

The*Defiant likes this.
  5. kb_rembrandt

kb_rembrandt Junior Expert

event chests are a continuous disappointment. tried again this morning and got these lovely prizes
    2018-02-13 08:32:14
    You received 10 x Swiftstone.
    2018-02-13 08:32:14
    You opened a locked chest.
    2018-02-13 08:31:57
    You received 3 x Mojo.
    You received 10 x Eye of Precision.
    You opened a locked chest.

The*Defiant likes this.
  6. Lady.Wolf

Lady.Wolf Active Author

It would seem avoiding events is the current trend.
    And I'm particularly glad that I did not participate.

Loki162, HMS-Harp and The*Defiant like this.
  7. rubenrs

rubenrs Advanced

Yeah Lady.Wolf. In some way though, this event is particularly spicy since Seafight made those offers right up to the event of 1 weak of commonwealth officers lvl 2 for 17500 crowns ea. A couple of my clannies bought the officer for extra dmg and hit chance. It's surely unintented on Seafights part but they kinda made it seem like this was a NPC event while it ended up being the comparably least attractive time to have increased NPC strength since there's shipwrecks.

Lady.Wolf and The*Defiant like this.
  8. LogoRhea

LogoRhea Someday Author

OK I might be too optimistic, but I have a question for the players who shoot this event: has anyone actually won the black rose design? I have shot 51 event ships so far, and no luck. I seems the success rate is in the range of 5/100 (I would suppose 1/100 is perhaps more accurate).

When I shoot the event ship, I use a combination of level 2 Commonwealth Guardian (which I can get for almost free by boarding the HRMS Surprise in maps 23 and upwards) + level 1 Agility trainer (10,000 pearls for 4 days covering the event). The event ship's damage is around 4.5k using Agwe's armour plates, which allows me to shoot down 1 event ship without having to be repaired.

Lady.Wolf likes this.
  9. ☆SHQIPONJA☆

☆SHQIPONJA☆ Forum Apprentice

The design "Black Rose" i got after i sink 23 event npc's!

10. LogoRhea

LogoRhea Someday Author

for the record I got the Black Rose after sinking 67 event npcs. So "small chance of winning" starts at 1/67.

11. Grand-mariner™

Grand-mariner™ Forum Veteran

Although the original Valentine Event topic has somehow changed to the Chinese New Year Event.

The chances of winning the Black Rose design are purely random and must depend upon luckily finding any Dragon ship containing the Black Rose design code. I wasn't particularly bothered whether I won this new Black Rose design or not, but by sheer luck it was gained just by shooting the second Dragon on the first day of the event.

Lottery ticket next? :)

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  12. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  13. Ŵơdėnśŵĩll

Ŵơdėnśŵĩll Forum Apprentice

i got all three designs by shooting 5 event ships *lucky me*

Grand-mariner™ and The*Defiant like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.