Voodoo Velocity.

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Dream~Crusher, Sep 19, 2024 at 10:15 PM.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Dream~Crusher

Dream~Crusher Regular

I only have two presets, and my ship's speed differs between the two by this "voodoo velocity". (It shows as being a component on one preset, but not the other one). How do I correct this? Thank you for your time and help.

2. Rymar

Rymar Board Administrator Team Seafight

Ahoy Dream~Crusher!

Voodoo Velocity is one of the Skills.

You can read more about it within our FAQ ->
    Click!

In order to activate additional speed you will have to own a minimum amount of voodoo points which depends on the amount of skill points added into this particular skill.

To view the exact % amount hover your mouse over this skill.

Do you have any further questions?

Rymar

3. Dream~Crusher

Dream~Crusher Regular

I apologize for my not being more clear. How can it show as being part of the speed component in one of my presets, and not the other? It should apply to both, should it not? Please see below (taken while sitting in Safe Haven):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Swift

Swift Community Team Team Seafight

Ahoy Dream~Crusher,

Voodoo Velocity only applies when you have over a certain amount of Voodoo Points on your Ship. The amount that is required depends on the amount of skillpoints you have assigned within this Skill - you can see the amount you require by going to the Skills page and hovering your mouse over the skill, it will then inform you in the tooltip description.

A person who has assigned the maximum amount of skillpoints into this skill will require at least 25% Voodoo Points (VP) currently on their ship for this skill to apply. Those who have not assigned the maximum amount of skillpoints will require a higher amount of VP.

E.g. if your maximum VP on your current preset is 100,000 you would need at least 25,000 in order for the benefits of this skill to apply (as it requires at least 25%). If I changed preset to one which has a higher maximum, for example 200,000, then the amount of current VP I would need would also increase to 25% of the new value (in this case it would be 50,000).

So, to answer your question why it may apply on one preset and not another; if your maximum voodoo points changes, the value at which it will require you to have as a minimum will also change. Only when you meet the percentage requirement would this skill activate again.

Swift