why I play for free

Discussion in 'The Players' started by twodogs, Nov 17, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. twodogs

twodogs Junior Expert

Hi
    Let me introduce myself. Twodogs is the name because I thought it was a good name for a pirate when I started playing, and back then, about 5 years ago, although my profile says I have been a member since 2011, another BP glitch, oh dear, I had two dogs. Now I only have one dog but in memory of the magnificent creature who died, I retain the name.

I play for free because I know from experience that there are many many computer games that are enjoyable and free to play, so when I got the urge to play an online pirate game, I searched for one that was free and chose this one. I don't want to answer why a grown man should want to spend his waking hours playing an online pirate game, let's leave that question blank. ;-)

I can't compete with the players who spend money on the game, the big hitters, but that's not why I play. I don't want to fight humans, although I don't mind admitting that I do a bit of preying on the weak, if I see someone in need of a final shot to finish them off... And I have accumulated a certain amount of battlepoints as a result.

Normally if I fight a human player, I get blasted out of the water. I feel it is a success for me if I get to be blown up by an NPC to deprive my human opponent of the satisfaction of destroying me. Best is when I get boarded by someone who is maxed out and hitting me like I am a noob and I end up winning the boarding battle. You waste all that pearl ammo destroying me, I have to wait twenty minutes repairing my ship boo hoo, but I win 5 million gold off you coz you thought I was easy meat, ha ha.

My guild is the golden rivet, tgr, and there is one member, which is me. Don't apply to join. I did n't start playing this game to make friends.Er... I'm a grown-up. I gotta life. I got friends. I play because I like to fantasize about being a pirate. The reason why is between me and my psychiatrist, OK?

There are two reasons why I am in the golden rivet - one, because you have to join a guild to ascend beyond a certain level, and two, it's a good way of banking money, even if you lose 10% to the greedy grasping flipwits who run the system on every transaction, but hey, that's the world of banking for you, as you will discover if you aren't yet a grown-up.

My game is not against humans, as I said, I can't hope to compete. I play against npcs for gold, Morgans buccaneers and Los Amistadores, and now, since I reached level 11 (and it took me a year to go from 10 to 11 so that was no small feat) - Trinidades. I hunt shineys (hope nobody mistakes me for a bot, I don't even know what that is) for pearls, and I do bonus maps.

I used to do bonus maps by blasting the ... out of the weakest opponents until my HP was down to about 30K and then fleeing to the opposite corner and gathering strength, but that was boring and took forever. Since the seer's vision came in, hooray for seer's vision, I hit and run and I can get through a wave of capricorn in an hour using hollow ammo without losing any HP. And it's a lot more fun. I use the pearls to buy chest keys and hope for crystals, for it is only with crystals that you can make progress in this game. Pearls are easy to come by, if slow. It is the crystals which are the problem for the free-to-players.

However, the reason I post here now is that after all this time, I can't see anything in the game that would possibly induce me to part with any of my hard-earned cash to play this game for money. I am playing for free and I am taking an hour to complete one wave of a bonus map and during that hour, I am reconnecting fifty times, and I am not exaggerating. Every two minutes, I get the message, "connection has been lost". I am not playing the game, I am spending all my time reconnecting to the game to find out what has happened in my absence. If I was paying money for this game, I would be extremely disgruntled indeed.

You might argue that my internet connection is to blame. Well, all I can say is that I do most of my work on the internet and I never get disconnected, I repeat, with capitals, I never get disconnected from other websites. On seafight, it happens once every two minutes.

I am a free player and have been for about five years now, but quite frankly, it's becoming ridiculous. I have started looking at the forums recently and I see all the error messages and the people who are evidently paying hundreds or even thousands of dollars to play this game and I am beginning to wonder if they wouldn't be better off investing in a good therapist to cure them of this ridiculous childish obsession, or at least, start playing a game that actually WORKS most of the time........

You have received a verbal warning for excessive caps

2. Pirate192

Pirate192 Forum Apprentice

I can relate a 100% with

"I am a free player and have been for about five years now, but quite frankly, it's becoming ridiculous. I have started looking at the forums recently and I see all the error messages and the people who are evidently paying hundreds or even thousands of dollars to play this game and I am beginning to wonder if they wouldn't be better off investing in a good therapist to cure them of this ridiculous childish obsession, or at least, start playing a game that actually WORKS most of the time........"

3. KШБББReturns

KШБББReturns Forum Apprentice

Once you reach level 16, you will know what making tons of pearls really means.

I cannot believe you got a warning for just one WO- I mean "word" (please note that there are only 2 caps in this paragraph without counting I's)

4. Pirate192

Why, what happens when you reach level 16?

5. I believe you have just voiced the sentiments of most, if not everyone, of the people playing this game; paying or not. Those apaying can't get out because they are too vested. I've been on now for three years and it seems BP just continues to find ways of sucking the blood from the payers. Fix the game BP while you still have people who want to play!

6. Pirate192

How do you make tons of pearls at lvl 16? How many pearls do you mean by "tons"

7. if u play nap or in empty servers,yeah u make tons of pearls (adm lucia,behemoth)
    but come in gl1 and stay in a war coalition and see if you can make at least 25k pearls/day

8. Tħũnđęŕšŧŗűcĸ·

Tħũnđęŕšŧŗűcĸ· Forum Greenhorn

Its almost funny that this guy shares his thoughts and opinions and all he gets for it is a warning for caps,,,,lmao

9. BigGoon{MAIN}

BigGoon{MAIN} Forum Apprentice

unfair

slingshot~engage likes this.