A Question on the Ship "Armor".

Discussion in 'Help' started by The*Defiant, May 28, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

My ship shows the same total "damage prevention" percentage regardless of whether or not I have on "Agwe's Armor Plates" (+10% bonus) and/or the "Aventurine Special Gem" (+5% Plates of armor bonus). This certainly seems to be incorrect. Or does it show up somewhere I am not looking? Thank you - in advance - for your time and help!

2. ~turnip~

~turnip~ Forum Duke

Hiya. This is perfectly normal. there are 2 types of boosts that you can have in the game. These are Visible boosts and invisible boosts.

Visible Boosts are boosts that you can see when they are active. An example of this would be The Genie dodge buff. with the buff active, you can check your stats and see your dodge chance would be in the 80-90% region. This Type of boost applies to many things in the game.

Invisible boosts are boosts that provide it's designated effect but are not visible to the player. An example of This would be equipping super armour plates. The armour plates would provide an additional 10% armour bonus to dodge chance and damage prevention but would not be visible in the stats if you checked them. Like visible boosts, The invisible boosts applies to several things in the game, 2 of which are your stated normal armour plates and Aventurine special Gem for the ship.

To get to the point, your armour plates and aventurine special gem are providing their respective bonuses, you just can't see them bonuses when you check your stats because they are invisible boosts.

Have a nice week :)

The*Defiant likes this.
  3. TEX~BULL

TEX~BULL User

As turnip explained it will not show up on your ship's info.

Tex

4. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

Then how do we know when they are *not* working, as is often the case with other buffs?

5. Bawdyn

Bawdyn Forum Ambassador

While shooting an NCP, turn them off and see if it starts to hit more. Seeing them in the ship info would be no guarantee that they are working. ;)

The*Defiant likes this.
  6. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

Thank you mate. Excellent point as to damage taken!:) However, I do not know how one would test for "invisible dodge chance" as mentioned by ~turnip~.

7. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

One last question: Super plates of armor affect *both* dodge chance and damage prevention? Where did you see this? Thank you.

8. ~turnip~

~turnip~ Forum Duke

they do indeed affect both dodge chance and damage prevention. this is because they work like normal armour plates and give a base damage reduction to everything. this is outline in the action item page: https://prnt.sc/sr22fq

The*Defiant likes this.
  9. TEX~BULL

TEX~BULL User

Since the queries have been answered, is the OP satisfied?

Tex

10. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

It just says "+10% Damage Prevention" there mate. Where does it say "Dodge Chance"? (Thanks for your patience and help).

11. ~turnip~

~turnip~ Forum Duke

the value is base value. it doesn't say dodge chance anywhere. the value is typeless and applies to all things that shoot you. if dissatisfied you can test it on both players and npc's. I would not be giving you this answer if I hadn't already tested it myself. the difference is not much but it's noticeable, go on and give it a try :)

The*Defiant likes this.
  12. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

I believe you. I just do not know how to tell if my damage on one volley (with super armor on) drops 4,000 (for example), how do I know how much was due to damage prevention and how much was due to dodge?

13. ~turnip~

~turnip~ Forum Duke

*sigh* dodge is player damage and damage prevention is npc and island damage. to test it's effects for dodge chance, get a player to test their hits on you, then test again with the super armours equipped, the difference in hits will be the armours effect.

for damage prevention, hit an npc, then test the npc's hit on you with super armours equipped and the difference is the effect of the super armours.

There is no split difference between dodge and damage prevention. it's not 5% for one and 5% for the other. the super armours are exactly the same mechanic as the regular armour plates, so equipped would be 10% for both damage prevention and dodge chance, stacked on top of the other 10% for both that is gained from the regular armour plates

14. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

*Sigh* - Unfortunately that is incorrect. Event ships have dodge (as you surely know). Okay...leave it be. Thanks.

Last edited: May 31, 2020
  15. A-R-K-Y

A-R-K-Y Forum Overlooker

Ahoy,

Just to clarify a few things here:

• Armor Plates and Super Armor Plates provide the following stat: "10% Plates of armor bonus"
      • This stat has the same effect on incoming damage as Damage Prevention (i.e. the ship gem)
      • As this is a different stat, and only applied when the plate is active, this is not shown in the Damage Prevention value when looking in your profile. (If BP decided to list this stat, you would see it increase when these are active)
    • Damage Prevention does not apply dodge and damage prevention, it is just damage prevention.
      • This value simply negates some the opponents "Cannon Damage" stat. The result of which is applied to the opponent's Cannonball Damage
    • Dodge and Damage Prevention apply to both NPC and Players.
      • With that said though, the way the Game Designers have selected to set the majority of NPCs up (not all), Damage Prevention has more of an impact on NPCs (as most of there damage is from Cannon Damage). Dodge has more of an impact on players due to the majority of a players damage being from other factors, i.e. Elite Ammunition Bonus.
    ~Arky

The*Defiant, bodean and Bawdyn like this.
  16. Shelby1

Shelby1 Board Administrator Team Seafight

Thank you Arky for your added information .

As this has been answered and to stop it becoming a discussion thread we shall now close.

Shelby

~Closed~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.