A quick "Criticals" Question.

Discussion in 'Help' started by The*Defiant, Feb 24, 2023.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

I know that there is an offset between "Critical Hit Probability" and "Critical Hit Prevention". But regarding "Critical Damage": I recently saw a player sitting in Safe Haven and spied him with a "Critical Damage" = 360%. I probably should know/remember this, but (**all other things aside**), if a player has a Critical Damage = 100%, then every shot is a Critical Damage volley. So what advantage would having 360% give the player versus 100%? Thank you for your time and help.

2. Köyble

Köyble Forum Apprentice

Critical Damage percentage determines how much your base damage is multiplied when you deal critical damage.
    You can have as much % as you want, you will deal more and more damage in case of critical hit.

Critical Hit Probability percentage determines how much chance you have to deal critical damage.
    Every shot of yours will be critical if you have 100% or more, but you wont deal more damage because of it.

The*Defiant likes this.
  3. Rymar

Rymar Board Administrator Team Seafight

Ahoy The*Defiant!

Your fellow pirate is correct.

Critical Damage - This statistic increase the amount of damage caused by you when Critical Hit is scored.
    Critical Hit Probability - This statistic increase the % chance of your ship / sub scoring a critical hit.
    Critical Hit Damage Prevention - This statistic decrease your opponent chance to score a critical hit on you.

Do you have any further questions?

Rymar

The*Defiant likes this.
  4. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

Just two questions: (1) Say I average hitting 400,000 per volley. "Critical Damage" just by definition (which I have not been able to locate specifically) would make that same volley how much more? (Even using no bloodlusts or any "booster" and just shooting normally, I do give Critical Damage on some volleys). So I wanted to know how much higher is with no boosters. Is it 10% higher than a regular volley, 25% higher, etc.? And (2) if I had 400% Critical Damage using boosters, buffs, etc., would I be hitting 800,000 per volley?

5. Rymar

Please be aware that the amount of Critical Damage caused on a player or an NPC may differ depending on their bonuses (yes NPCs also have different statistics - that's why on Renown you hit lower without your Sellsword equipped because of lack of the hit probability).

So in your example, if the base damage is 400 000 then 50% would increase it by 200 000. However we know this is not true, as all NPC have statistics to lower Critical Hit damage. This value is know as Critical damage prevention when reffering to PvP but plays a role in PvE as well.

There is a long winded method of working this out with maths but I am not going to go into this length of detail just know the game engine does all the maths for you and is correct.

As stated above Critical Damage will increase the damage you do but in reality this is a relative value so 400 percent damage increase (is not possible) but if you were to use a Recklessness it gives the highest amount of 100% increase and you should be able to see this increase but as most values are relative it wont be a base 100% increase after defensive statistics - it will be lower overall.

Hope that explains everything.

Rymar

6. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

Thanks Rymar. I was really focusing on PvP, but that's a good explanation. Thanks for your time. I know you are quite busy. You can close this thread at your convenience.

7. Rymar

Since this query has been answered and there is no further response I'll close this thread.

Rymar

~Closed~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.