A Theory on "Depth Charge" Ammo (hits 250)

Discussion in 'Users’ Corner' started by The*Defiant, Nov 3, 2021.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

Originally (at first concept, I think) this was intended for PvE but later changed to PvP. Remember the shrapnel cheat where people got free shrapnel ammo? I actually had a guy (very long ago, when this was popular) offer me extra Skills (they showed as negative values on the old "Skill Tree "counter") + 1,500,000 free shrapnels (for a price, of course). I declined. But now players are blowing people away with 1.6 million combined bases...how? My theory is unsubstantiated, but I bet the botters (whose "battle templates" are always way ahead of the SF developers) took the recent offering of depth charge ammo (that was very briefly for sale) and duplicated the code so players could have virtually infinite amounts. Of course, all it would take is for someone who cared to check out random boats or write some kind of script to check, but we all know that won't happen. But a thought worth keeping in mind.

Loki162 and *Wonder* like this.
  2. Swift

Swift Community Team Team Seafight

Ahoy,

Firstly, for everyone's benefit I need to clarify that anyone who claims they can provide you with free ammunition etc. should never be taken seriously or trusted, they are likely to be either trying to take you for money or your account, and should be reported straight away. Not to mention, that it would be against the Terms and Conditions.

While I respect your right of theories, I can state that what you have stated is not possible.

Also, as a matter of information, when a player is reported to Support, their account is not only checked for the information reported, but also the account is viewed for any other anomalies or inconsistencies. So, if your theory were true, it would of definitely been caught.

In regards to how, unfortunately I can't go into depth as time does not allow me, however it is indeed possible to hit very hard these days easily inflicting 1.6 million damage within a few shots; some items players like to use to achieve this would be Worldbreaker Level 6, Storm Lanterns, Bloodlust, Recklessness.

Swift

3. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

I appreciate your comments Swift. (You know I appreciate all that you do for us in this Forum). But I too am pretty well-versed in this game: (1) I do know a player who got banned for like a year (and I remember her boat name too) because she used the shrapnel cheat. (2) One of our "frequent Forum posters" who no longer posts very often, himself made a cheat bot! I know that for a fact from my old guild mates! I have even seen an actual bot template shown to me by our Guild Leader in Teamspeak and it blew my mind! (3) Nothing is impossible in the coding world. If hackers (and this is well-documented) can get to NASA, AT&T, Apple, Amazon, Department of Homeland Security!, National Institutes of Health, The Pentagon!, Department of Energy, etc., then it is definitely plausible. And "possible" beyond a shadow of a doubt. (4) The "Terms & Conditions" are being violated TODAY as we speak by all of these botters! Am I wrong? No. Here is specific proof from the "Terms & Conditions":
    4 REGISTRATION

Each user agrees to all of the following commitments relating to registering and playing any Game.

• 9) You are not allowed to sell or in any way transfer your account.
    • 10) You shall not have an account, use the Games, or use the Site if you have previously been removed by Bigpoint, or previously been banned from playing any of the Games.
    8 CODE OF CONDUCT

Prohibited activities include — but are not limited to — the following:

• Use of non-authorized software or scripts;
      • Taking advantage of software errors (bugs);

• Attempting to modify, reverse-engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise reduce or attempt to reduce to a human-perceivable form any of the source code used by Bigpoint GmbH or its affiliates in providing the Site or any Game. <-- This is a form of "hacking".
    ....and continued from above: (5) Lastly (please forgive the length of this) but the Bloodlust, Recklessness, and other items usually have some kind of cooldown period before reusing them. These players I speak of blow me away, then I randomly pop-up near them - and say I am using the Hourglass to rep back my regular base almost instantly - I come right back and it happens again and again! But I won't debate this point and will concede to your comments. But in summary: many of your comments are just absolutely incorrect. This comes from a 12+ year player who has logged literally thousands...yes..."thousands" of hours playing this game. I mean no disrespect to you, but the truth is the truth.

rip9999, Loki162 and phatty-Boastrike like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.