Suggestion Account Migration

Discussion in 'Users’ Corner' started by Xenoverse, Feb 27, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xenoverse

Xenoverse Padavan

Hey everyone, as a north american who is playing on EU servers, I started thinking about something regarding the last merge post, in parallel with a job I had to do earlier this week.

Basically, I had to perform a server migration for a company with VMware, and it got me thinking, why is it "impossible" to migrate our accounts to a X server, other than EU ones ( that is if I keep the merge in mind, all servers will be reunited by region )
    In such cases, the data is literaly migrated to a host server, which might be chosen in regards of the specs it has ( core, ram, CPU, GPU, etc... )
    Keeping that in mind, as BigPoint is a worldwide company, why wouldn't there be a migration service, which would allow us to migrate our accounts to a server of our choice ?
    After all, it wouldn't be hard to put in place a such service, since the only thing it requires is to send the data via a tunnel that connects to another server ( virutally )
    To put that all in a bit more simple explanation, BP could put in place a cloud service which would redirect the accounts data to a server the player would choose to migrate to, then, the receiving server would get the data that is being pushed from the Home Accounts server
    e.g: Global xx > Mega Server (in america if i'm not mistaken)
    the ''home server'' is Global EU
    the receiving server is global america.

if y'all need some more in depth explanation or something that is a bit more clear, i'll re-work my post, but I think you may all get a grasp of what i'm suggesting here.

A such service could perhaps be sold for let's say ; 30$ USD
    since it implies a certain amount of resources and time.

thank y'all!
    Good evening to everyone!

Sof_(R) and Rabbid like this.
  2. Rabbid

Rabbid Forum Connoisseur

Yes please, this would be great to have in game. I'm sure some people like the more empty servers for farming but personally myself and others would like to go to a server with more people for more PvP action.

If no merge is in the works this would be a great 2nd option.

Speaking of merge, an update would be nice cause we haven't had any new information in months.

Xenoverse likes this.
  3. Pikralida

Pikralida Forum Apprentice

I would love to see this, but i guess that BP policy is that you have to start form zero... Let's be honest- if you want to skip zero point there are other ways ( i guess this is no secret for BP either xD )

4. tigermoth1037

tigermoth1037 Padavan

This was discussed on the seafight discord the other day, one of Seafights GD team was talking to us regarding it.

This is his response, It looks like they are looking into it but it is not as easy as things may seem to us, I'm sure seafight/bigpoint would love to sell this option to us if it was easy enough to do.

SF_TrissileinLast Monday at 22:07

oh, we looked into the possibility for that. there was not a task or anything connected. but it is not as simple as things seemed on first glimpse... sadly. too much heritage accounts drag around. this was about server transfer btw.

It is about the heritage, accounts drag around. so old stuff, attached to it like plattform 'stuff' and all the other stuff.

let's just say it will be easier to create a similar account on a new server + disabling the old one than actually transferring anything. but there is nothing defined yet

Xenoverse likes this.
  5. TEX~BULL

TEX~BULL User

This has been suggested many times and BP asked for the communities about server merges and there was not enough support to carry the idea to fruition. That being said we will forward your idea. There was questions on the Seafight.Official discord channel and one of the designers mention something about Heritage accounts and tons of old platform information being dragged around but to be honest that is way out of our depth.

Tex

Xenoverse likes this.
  6. tigermoth1037

tigermoth1037 Padavan

i dont entirely agree with the statement " there wasnt enough support to carry the idea" on the server merge. i cant imagine anyone would say no to a merge, The main problem being the lag that would come with it on top of the game player / lag / crashing and freezing we already have to deal with, if this was solved i can imagine 90% of the playerbase would want a merge.

7. Pikralida

Pikralida Forum Apprentice

i believe that when BP really want to do something they can do it really fast... so as i see it its not that big priority ... and maybe if we see it form the economic view it is far better for BP to try start a new account and accelerate it ( via buying packages) rather than pay a fixed amount of money and have your account in another server :D

8. Sкуℓιηєя

Sкуℓιηєя Junior Expert

People now vary rarely will set up a new ship on a differnt server that they dont have a bigger ship to help them with on. Its more likely that for a player to change server they will just buy an already built ship on that server- This cuts bigpoint out of the transaction completely and is against ToS but people do it anyway because the cost of buying a ship from someone else is 1000% (not exaggeration) cheaper than fully maxing out a ship without a ridiculous amount of time invested every day. If they were to add this option this would completely decimate the black market for ships - Who needs to buy a new ship on a new server, when they can just pay a smaller fee and move their already big ship that they've worked hard on and move it to wherever they want to be.

I would agree with tex that the support is not large enough - One because at the minute LAG is Awful, Who wants servers with x2 the People? and more lag? BP Cant even deal with this lag thats persisted forever how would they manage the even further serverload. Personally if I was to move server I would move to a dead one for much less lagg.

We shouldn't add this option unless the community is in 100% Agreement - People who want to move servers & People who don't want to move servers both need to agree to this as everyone will be affected; By either the influx of new players or the sudden decimation of their servers userbase A merge was a solution to this - No dead servers and a one time server change instead of people being able to swap servers as they see fit. The community was split on this also so I think we need a new solution that satisfies everyone.

tigermoth1037 likes this.
  9. TEX~BULL

TEX~BULL User

Thus was the reason there was not enough support. Lag was a major issue in any discussion about a server merge, and why a majority of players said no to the merge as is at this time.

Tex

tigermoth1037 likes this.
  10. Rabbid

Rabbid Forum Connoisseur

You know I find it odd that there was not enough support for a merge. I mean everyone I've talked to on my server were in support of it, the few who are left. lol

ES forum poll of merge.
    [​IMG]

FR forum poll of merge.

[​IMG]

That's a total of:

271 for merge 76.55%
    83 against a merge 23.45%

That's only 2 forums that actually put a poll up. Imagine if lagg was fixed, that would probably look more like 90%+.

Now the question is, how can we make people happy on inactive servers? I think a good solution would be to merge 1 active server with 1 inactive server.

It really sucks to hear this news, people on active servers don't have any worry whatsoever. However us on inactive servers lose more players every day because the lack of players. This just kinda shows inactive servers don't really matter, and the players on them.

Would be nice to hear from the top what the plans are for inactive servers. Are they going to do something with them or just let them die?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
    Xenoverse and tigermoth1037 like this.
  11. TEX~BULL

TEX~BULL User

If you read the post most wanted the merge but not in the current state of the game. With the lag and issues that are ongoing most only supported it if these issues were addressed first. BP listen to what the players said not just the poll and made their decision. As this has already been addressed and will be forwarded again this thread will be closed.

~Closed~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.