Another group map question?

Discussion in 'Help' started by 8luckyjack8, Mar 22, 2021.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 8luckyjack8

8luckyjack8 Exceptional Talent

2021-03-22 08:00:20You sank garn's ship.

How did I sink my own ship, especially since I was in the healer role?

2021-03-22 07:52:55Yer repairs helped to destroy a target! You receive 77 EXP.2021-03-22 07:51:51Yer repairs helped to destroy a target! You receive 77 EXP.

Apparently I also sank my fellow players with healing ammunition. How is that possible?

2. Swift

Swift Community Team Team Seafight

Ahoy,

It was the Area of Effect (the damage zone) that actually sank you and the other player, the Zone spawned on you which is why it shows your name.

Swift

3. 8luckyjack8

What about my repairs helping to destroy a target? How is that possible?

4. Swift

Ahoy,

When you are healing, if the person whom you have been healing gets EXP, you too get some EXP - you don't need to have damaged a target.

Swift

5. 8luckyjack8

It says my repairs helped to destroy a target.

6. Swift

Ahoy,

Yes, you by repairing a player helped that player destroy a target by keeping them healed. That is the standard message that is displayed whenever someone you have been repairing defeats a ship. It does not mean that you directly damaged or defeated anyone.

Swift

7. 8luckyjack8

We had just started on the third leviathon and they never sank it, so what target did they destroy? The leviathon still had almost all of its' hitpoints. The two other player ships sank immediately after I hit each of them with one repair volley. Is that the area of effect for the third leviathon, that if players are hit with repair ammo, it will sink them rather than repair them?

8. Swift

Ahoy,

The Area of Effect has nothing to do with healing other players, it is spawned on a random player by the XT-003 Leviathan. That Area of Effect does 1 million damage, which is shared among the players in the area.

As mentioned above, as it spawns on a player, the game registers the player it spawned on as the attacker for the boss functionality to work (although in reality the player has not damaged other players in the group).

Now, as you have been repairing a player, and the Leviathan has spawned the AoE on that player, the game thinks that player is the one doing the damage in order to work correctly; so when other players get sunk by the AoE, it registers as the player you were repairing as the attacker.

As that player was registered as the attacker and the AoE sank other players, that means it registered you as helping to destroy a target with your repair cannons by repairing them, hence your log book messages.

In short, the functionality is working as designed, healing other players did not damage them or cause them to be damaged.

Swift

9. 8luckyjack8

It still seems strange though to receive EP for my fellow players being sunk. Thanks though anyways for the explanation. You may close.

10. Rymar

Rymar Board Administrator Team Seafight

As per OP request.

Rymar

~Closed~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.