Bonus map HP buffs in the store

Discussion in 'Users’ Corner' started by Infinity., Mar 2, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Infinity.

Infinity. Forum Apprentice

Hi,

I would like to see the HP from bonus maps (virgo up to cancer) in the store for pearls / crowns or any in-game currency. There is probably more then 95% of the players with unlimited days on these buffs, yet there is still 5% that does not and have to play daily bonus maps just to stay float on the maps. It would be a huge step if people could buy the HP buffs in the store for pearls / crowns or any in-game currency.

The HP buffs would only be vicible when you have lower then X amount of days (less then 14 days for example) so you can not stack them by buying them. It would just be available for those who are in real need of it and dont feel like manually playing an bonus map with just a chance of the HP buff in the end.

This would be good for those having already have these buffs for years to come, as it will mean these players have to spend less time in bonus maps and can spend more time on the maps (might lead to more activity on the maps - more PVP?).

Best,
    Danny

Bawdyn and Rabbid like this.
  2. Rabbid

Rabbid Forum Connoisseur

This is a great idea, would be nice to see. 10/10 ^^

3. TEX~BULL

TEX~BULL User

Thank you for the suggestion. Lets see what the community thinks, but we will forward it for you.

Tex

4. Sкуℓιηєя

Sкуℓιηєя Junior Expert

I think this would be a Good Idea for Cancer HP & Cannon Boost, There is nothing more painful that spending 8hrs (In total) In a cancer map only to come out the end of it and get 10 Golden Hourglasses. They are good, but only if you already have the HP And Cannon Buff, I have never received the cannon boost from any cancer maps I have done, I have received HP x2, Queens x1, Mojo x1, And Hourglasses coming in at number one at a total of 5/6 Times haha.

I think limiting the amount is a perfect way to balance this out, Make it so you can only purchase 7-14 Days a Month, so you dont always have it active but atleast if you would like you can purchase it during events or such when the difference really matters. If its coming to PvP by the time you grind your way up to being strong enough to Really PvP you'll already have these in abundance anyway (or the cancer maps and strength to do them quicker than 8hrs) or atleast everyone I've talked to does.

Bawdyn likes this.
  5. tigermoth1037

tigermoth1037 Padavan

So then the 95% that do have these buffs wasted their time for what? so you can buy them? This would also make scrolls pretty much obsolete.

Disagree with this idea. Why do the majority of seafight player base want things given to them rather than putting time in to earn things?

Klaus*Kludder likes this.
  6. Pikralida

Pikralida Forum Apprentice

maybe because time is a valuable thing !! You know there are players that dont use bot and just wanna have fun for 2-3 hours, not spend their youth trying to fininsh quests and bonus maps etc... It is just a point of view though

7. Kosova***

Kosova*** Forum Inhabitant

I think if you make bonus maps hitpoints to buy with pearls or anything, than you must make and queen legacy also because you have probability to win from cancer (which i never win).

8. Sкуℓιηєя

Sкуℓιηєя Junior Expert

Your point is valid, the 95% Who do have the buffs will be dissapointed, but the key thing to note here is the 95% of the people who have the buff are big players. With this game its biggest downfall is its inaccessibility for new and upcoming players. By giving this option Perhaps even just to players level 15 or under it increases the accessibility to the game, Maps are a hard, hard grind - but if we already had the buffs to do the maps (Limited amount of the buff) It makes the maps possible for smaller ships meaning they have a chance to build up the days of their buffs to a similar level of other players.

I wouldn't suggest making this a permenant item in the store that anyone can buy at any time for an unlimited duration if they can afford it, because like you said it would make most of the maps obsolete. However like i suggested limiting the amount of days you can buy to 7 or 14 and making it a fair price per day gives new players the ability to grow strong enough to get buffs themselves till eventually they no longer need to buy it from the store.

9. Infinity.

Infinity. Forum Apprentice

As stated in my original post:

'The HP buffs would only be vicible when you have lower then X amount of days (less then 14 days for example) so you can not stack them by buying them. It would just be available for those who are in real need of it and dont feel like manually playing an bonus map with just a chance of the HP buff in the end.'

This means even people who have stacked the booster time, should not worry about them in the future as also in the future (when they are about to lose the buff) they can obtain it more easily then now.

The game is too much about temporary buffs. The scroll buffs are a huge part of that, its just that most players dont have to face that because there is an easier way to obtain them, wich is with a bot and not through 'hard work' or spending time as I would call it.

Also scrolls will not be absolete. You still get buffs from scrolls, its just that to get the buffs you will not always have to play scrolls. You will have other options, like buying them with in-game currency. Experienced players can still use scrolls to obtain elite points without being forced in to PVP (and also buffs ofcourse). Starting players can still use them to obtain pearls (and buffs ofcourse). Basically there is just an 'extra' option to get the scroll buffs for those who have trouble playing scrolls many hours a week to maintain all the buffs that they grant.

Best,
    Danny

10. bodean

bodean Forum Pro

not a bad suggestion. any help for us small boats is always a plus.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.