Chat box always opens up in middle of screen

Discussion in 'Help' started by trialf5ship, May 28, 2021.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trialf5ship

trialf5ship Forum Apprentice

As the heading says 'Chatbox' always opens up in middle of screen.
    Even after scaling the box and placing it (often with difficulty) and locking the Padlock it still opens in the middle of the screen.

2. Swift

Swift Community Team Team Seafight

Ahoy,

Can I please ask you to confirm when this happens? The only reason I am asking is I am not having this problem. Does it occur after getting sunk, after logging in, etc?

Swift

3. trialf5ship

It occurs EVERY time I log in. If I should be looking at front page - auction for instance game page often times out and I have to log in again only to find my chatbox oversized and in middle of screen again.
    Since posting I have to adjust the size of my ship agin as this does not hold either.

4. trialf5ship

The Problem not gone away SWIFT, sorry to say.

5. Swift

Ahoy,

Could you please provide your Server and User ID so I can check this and forward it along; as I am unable to replicate the issue on my account.

Swift

6. micmort

micmort Forum Apprentice

I have almost the same problem.
    The chatbox isn't the same size, when i log into the game as it was when i logged out, but it is almost at the same place.

7. trialf5ship

Yep here it is
    39/41883354

Still the same today as when I reported it plus the 'ship size still reverts to the smallest size

8. Swift

Ahoy,

I have tested it on your ship, and it opened in the middle of the screen to begin with, however, after I positioned it and locked the padlock it remained in place after logging in and out multiple times.

I did notice that it does not save the resizing of the chat window though, just the position, so I have forwarded that along.

Swift

9. trialf5ship

ok ty for that. But what about the re-sizing of my ship - it does not hold preferred size always opens in miniature!
    However, on logging into the game the chatbox still exhibits same problem - opening up oversized and wrong place so you must have had a lucky experience if you got it stay correctly!

10. Swift

Ahoy,

Apologies I missed that; that issue was already forwarded along a while ago.

Swift

11. Swift

Ahoy,

As there has been no further response, I shall close this thread, please keep an eye on the patchday notes.

Happy Sailing!

~Closed~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.