Chilling Brood 2021

Discussion in 'Events FAQ’s' started by Seren, Jan 27, 2021.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Seren

Seren Team Leader Team Seafight

Chilling Brood 2021

The event starts at 12 noon on 29th January and ends at 12 noon on 3rd February.

All times are local server times.

The Chilling Brood event features the following:
    • 5 event ships (3 normal, 2 admiral ships)
    • Puzzle with 6 puzzle pieces
    • Event chests
    • Event black market (in the in-game shop)
    • Event quest chain with 10 normal and 2 daily quests
    • 1 new ship design: Nautillon
    General Info

Chilling Brood is a spawn event where you can hunt 5 event ships, Leathery Egg, Rocky Egg, Covert Warrior, Primeval Hydragos and Veiled Guardian on maps 5 – 45.

Primeval Hydragos and Veiled Guardian are admiral ships and spawn after certain amount of Leathery Egg, Rocky Egg (for Primeval Hydragos) and Covert Warrior (for Veiled Guardian) have been sunk.

When you kill Covert Warrior and Veiled Guardian more of the Egg ships spawn.

All event ships must be shot with elite ammunition.

Additionally, there is a puzzle with 6 pieces. Collect all 6 puzzle pieces get the reward – Nautillon ship design.

In order to receive the Puzzle Pieces, you have to complete the Quests from Bill Barnacle Ballard. Two of the quests reward the first 2 Puzzle Pieces. The other Puzzle Pieces can be found with chance in the Mysterious Gift.

In order to receive Mysterious Gift you have to complete the Quests from Bill Barnacle Ballard.

If you miss out on getting one of the parts of the ship design, you can get them by trading in your collected Bone Essence.

NPCs Rewards

• Leathery Egg
      • Depending on how much damage you inflict (at least 10%), you are rewarded with Pearls and EXP.
      • The player who inflicts the most damage receive Cursed Souls, Reputation with Ballard and has a chance to get Monstrous Yolk (Quest Item).

• Rocky Egg
      • Depending on how much damage you inflict (at least 10%), you are rewarded with Pearls and EXP.
      • The player who inflicts the most damage receive Cursed or Radiant Souls, Reputation with Ballard and Monstrous Yolk (Quest Item).

• Primeval Hydragos
      • All players who inflict at least 1% damage have a chance to receive Primeval Hydragos Blood and Primeval Hydragos Skulls.
      • Depending on how much damage you inflict (at least 1%), you are rewarded with Cursed and Radiant Souls, Reputation with Barnacle Ballard, Primeval Hydragos Blood (Quest Item) and Pearls, Crowns or Yulong Coins.
      • The player who inflicts the most damage receive Pearls, Crowns, Yulong Coins or Radiant Souls.

• Covert Warrior
      • Depending on how much damage you inflict (at least 5%), you are rewarded with EXP, Cursed Souls and Pearls.
      • The player who inflicts the most damage receives Reputation with Ballard and has a chance to receive Inexplicable Notes (Quest Item).
      • The player who does the last shot (at least 5% damage) receives Reputation with Ballard or 1 Worldbreaker Cannon Level 1 Upgrade Recipe.
      • The player who does the boarding has the chance to get either Pearls or Gold.

• Veiled Guardian
      • All players who inflict at least 1% damage have a chance to receive Unusual Scrawl.
      • Depending on how much damage you inflict (at least 1%), you are rewarded with EXP, Reputation with Ballard and Pearls.
      • The player who inflicts the most damage receives Reputation with Ballard or Radiant Souls and the Inexplicable Notes (Quest Item).
      • The player who does the last shot has a chance to get Unusual Scrawl (Quest Item) or Worldbreaker Cannon Level 1 Upgrade Recipe.
      • The player who does the boarding receives Radiant Souls or Worldbreaker Cannon Level 1 Upgrade Recipe.
    Event Treasure Chests

In the Event Treasure Chests you find many useful items, such as Burning Ice ammunition, Cursed and Radiant Souls, Bone essences, Simbi amulets, Dragonfire level 2, Elmo’s fire, Swiftstone, Bloodlust, Unstoppable, Tritons benevolence, Whirlpool, Mojo and many more.

Ammunition

Burning Ice ammunition causes more damage against all event ships.

Event Ranking

RankReward
    1.10 x Worldbreaker Cannon Level 4
    3 x Divine Booty Bag
    20 x Pumpkin Power
    10 x Taureau Amulet
    2.-5.7 x Worldbreaker Cannon Level 3
    2 x Divine Booty Bag
    10 x Pumpkin Power
    8 x Taureau Amulet
    6.-10.7 x Painbringer Cannon Level 4
    1 x Divine Booty Bag
    5 x Pumpkin Power
    5 x Taureau Amulet
    11.-20.5 x Painbringer Cannon Level 4
    10 x Pumpkin Power
    10 x Dragonfire Level 2
    21.-50.3 x Painbringer cannon level 4
    5 x Pumpkin Power
    10 x Dragonfire Level 2
    5 Random5 x Pumpkin Power
    5 x Dragonfire Level 2
    1 x Divine Booty Bag
    3 x Painbringer cannon level 5

Quests

You can accept quests by speaking to Barnacle Ballard (Safe haven). There is a quest chain with 10 normal and 2 daily quests. For some of the quests, you need a certain amount of reputation with Ballard.

The daily quests are reset each day at 12 noon (local server time).

Ship Design

Nautillon (Puzzle reward):
    • Dazzling Garnet :Harpoon Damage +24%
    • Flawless Coral : Critical Damage +25%
    • Impeccable Lapislazuli: Hit points +130000
    • Dazzling Azurite: HP Repair Duration -12%, HP Repair Value +48%
    Post Event Compensation

The event keys will be exchanged for normal chest keys and Souls for ammunition.

2. Seren

Seren Team Leader Team Seafight

Quests

Mapping the Changes

Start At: Barnacle Ballard (SH)

[​IMG]

Task:
    Defeat 5 Leathery Egg

Where to find!?
    Leathery Egg can be found in the maps 5 - 45 or spawns when defeating Covert Warrior

End At: Barnacle Ballard (SH)

[​IMG]

Rewards:
    2,200 Elite Points
    2,200 Pearls

Description:
    Last year we won a significant victory on the Black Toll. But these cultists have been known to reappear at the worst moment—sick patients knocking on my door and no cure in sight. I have a feeling they could be behind it. Whilst I carry on with my experiments here, you can help by destroying those Leathery Eggs.

Secondary Agenda

[​IMG]

Visible Condition:
    Finish the Quest: Mapping the Changes

Task:
    Collect 1 Event Chest

Where to find!?
    Event Chests can be found in the maps 5 - 45

[​IMG]

Rewards:
    2,500 Elite Points
    2,500 Pearls

Description:
    Right now, monster hunting would of great help to our plans, but Alexandros seems to have disappeared again. I hope he’s not gotten himself mixed up with Maxwell’s problems. A sad story, but having the leader of the House of Divergence out on a personal quest is the last thing we need right now!

Under Cover Action

[​IMG]

Visible Condition:
    Finish the Quest: Secondary Agenda

Task:
    Defeat 5 Covert Warrior

Where to find!?
    Covert Warrior can be found in the maps 5 - 45

[​IMG]

Rewards:
    2,800 Elite Points
    2,800 Pearls

Description:
    Your actions are definitely helping calm the situation out there. However, Covert Warriors have returned to the ocean to see if they can take advantage of the Vovoi’s absence. To be honest I’d be happy to see them crushed in the maw of some monster, but they may also gather some valuable relics that the House of Asar would be interested in.

Yolks on You!

[​IMG]

Visible Condition:
    Finish the Quest: Under Cover Action

Task:
    Collect 15 Monstrous Yolk

Where to find!?
    Monstrous Yolk can be gained from Leathery Egg or Rocky Egg

[​IMG]

Rewards:
    3,100 Elite Points
    3,100 Pearls
    500 Bill Ballard Reputation

Description:
    I’ve been distracted from the task at hand, finding a cure and uncovering the dark secret ingredients used by the Black Toll to spread their curse. These Monstrous Yolks may be what I need to run an experiment. That and a healthy bit of science, which, lucky for those poor souls out there, is my specialty. Off you go now!

Scrawlings of the Mad

[​IMG]

Visible Condition:
    Finish the Quest: Yolks on You!

Task:
    Collect 1 Unusual Scrawl

Where to find!?
    Unusual Scrawl can be gained from Veiled Guardian

[​IMG]

Rewards:
    3,400 Elite Points
    3,400 Pearls
    1 Puzzle Piece

Description:
    Yes, yes. Interesting, fascinating, in fact. It seems this curse is linked to the Map of Forever, but the traces are so faint that we would need the contents of a whole island even to make a vague compass. I’ve heard the Veiled Guardian’s carry some ancient texts in Unusual Scrawls. It would be good to see them.

Life of the Earth

[​IMG]

Visible Condition:
    Finish the Quest: Scrawlings of the Mad

Task:
    Defeat 15 Covert Warrior
    Defeat 15 Rocky Egg

Where to find!?
    Covert Warrior can be found in the maps 5 - 45
    Rocky Egg can be found in the maps 5 - 45 or spawns when defeating a Veiled Guardian

[​IMG]

Rewards:
    3,700 Elite Points
    3,700 Pearls
    500 Bill Ballard Reputation
    1 Mysterious Gift

Description:
    I’ve had a thought. Well, yes, captain, it happens! If the Map of Forever released the Black Toll, it could be our way to banish them from this world. We’ll need more yolks. They proved useful when we were chasing the map. Why not again! Well, you take care of the Covert Warriors first, and bring us back some yolks!

Take Note

[​IMG]

Visible Condition:
    Finish the Quest: Life of the Earth

Requirement:
    Collect 2,000 Reputation for Bill Ballard

Task:
    Collect 10 Inexplicable Notes

Where to find!?
    Inexplicable Notes can be gained from Covert Warrior

[​IMG]

Rewards:
    4,000 Elite Points
    4,000 Pearls
    1 Mysterious Gift

Description:
    I thought these scrawlings were those of a madman, but it looks almost childlike. I have a bad feeling about this! The Black Toll messing with the souls of innocents sounds like a recipe for disaster! We must find that person. Whoever they are, they could unknowingly be the source of this curse. Find more of those notes. They’re our only hope at finding them.

Relevant Seed

[​IMG]

Visible Condition:
    Finish the Quest: Take Note

Task:
    Defeat 10 Rocky Egg

Where to find!?
    Rocky Egg can be found in the maps 5 - 45 or spawns when defeating a Veiled Guardian

[​IMG]

Rewards:
    4,300 Elite Points
    4,300 Pearls

Description:
    The work you did for me earlier provided us with crucial information on our mystery writer. It seems they had some knowledge of the Thanwhe, most interesting, and worrisome. As our search for that pour soul continues, I also need to tend to the sick. I need you to destroy more eggs. It will eventually draw out their mother. She’s your ultimate target.

Veiled Release

[​IMG]

Visible Condition:
    Finish the Quest: Relevant Seed

Task:
    Inflict 20,000,000 damage to Veiled Guardian
    Collect 2 Unusual Scrawl

Where to find!?
    Veiled Guardian spawns after a certain number of Covert Warriors have been sunk and appears in maps 5 - 45
    Unusual Scrawl can be gained from Veiled Guardian

[​IMG]

Rewards:
    4,600 Elite Points
    4,600 Pearls
    1 Mysterious Gift

Description:
    You’re back and not a moment too soon. The Veiled Guardian’s are back upon the ocean. They seem to know what we’re after and are planning to stop us. However, if you manage to board one of them, they may think we’ve managed to steal more information about our target and slow the Black Toll’s activities until the monster arrives!

Primal Fire

[​IMG]

Visible Condition:
    Finish the Quest: Veiled Release

Task:
    Inflict 50,000,000 damage to Primeval Hydragos

Where to find!?
    Primeval Hydragos spawns after a certain number of Leathery Eggs or Rocky Eggs have been sunk and appears in maps 5 - 45

[​IMG]

Rewards:
    4,900 Elite Points
    4,900 Pearls

Description:
    The mother has surfaced. First, you need to get an understanding of the beast, then I’ll have a greater challenge – as I seek the final scientific ingredients to create the cure, and maybe, just maybe, our endeavors will lead us towards our mysterious target. Prepare yourself for battle, captain. The Primeval Hydragos is not weak, and we need to get results.

Skull n Bones

[​IMG]

Visible Condition:
    Finish the Quest: Primal Fire

Task:
    Collect 1 Primeval Hydragos Skulls

Where to find!?
    Primeval Hydragos Skulls can be gained from Primeval Hydragos

[​IMG]

Rewards:
    5,200 Elite Points
    5,200 Pearls
    1 Puzzle Piece

Description:
    Good, good! Now you know how to fight the beast; you’ll need to kill more. Their skulls can be ground down and mixed with other ingredients, plus perhaps a little magic from Loreena. Then I think we will be able to track down our target and take the battle to the Black Toll. No rest for the wicked! Ah, don’t I know it, my friend!

Final Throes

[​IMG]

Visible Condition:
    Finish the Quest: Skull n Bones

Requirement:
    Collect 2,700 Reputation for Bill Ballard

Task:
    Collect 2 Primeval Hydragos Blood
    Collect 10 Monstrous Yolk
    Collect 10 Inexplicable Notes

Where to find!?
    Primeval Hydragos Blood can be gained from Primeval Hydragos
    Monstrous Yolk can be gained from Leathery Egg or Rocky Egg
    Inexplicable Notes can be gained from Covert Warrior

[​IMG]

Rewards:
    5,500 Elite Points
    5,500 Pearls
    1 Mysterious Gift

Description:
    People are recovering from this strange illness, but whoever released this spell for the Black Toll is still out there. Right now, we’re entering the final phase of the Hydragos mating season, and I need you to take care of that. Here’s the list of things you must bring back. In the meantime, I will spend some more time studying these mysterious notes.