Client Update RAM Hog

Discussion in 'Help' started by Bawdyn, Mar 14, 2021.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bawdyn

Bawdyn Forum Ambassador

I started up the client today and it prompted to get an update. I did so and now the client is taking 2+ times as much RAM as before. It was already a hog at ~450 MB but the update is using 1070 MB. Does this sound right? How can a 'browser' with two tabs use so much RAM?

I run Firefox as my browser and I leave a lot of tabs open (~400... yeah I know.. I have a problem letting go :p ) and it is only using 1460 MB.

2. Swift

Swift Community Team Team Seafight

Ahoy,

The flash version of Seafight does use a large amount of RAM. I would recommend clearing your cache before each play session, and refreshing the screen multiple times while playing.

I shall forward your experiences along, although I am not sure if much improvement can be made currently, especially with the Unity version being the forefront of development and improvement (which will be used instead of the Client).

Swift

3. Bawdyn

Bawdyn Forum Ambassador

I started the client up again now and it is now using 126 MB with just the backend site tab. I cleared the cache, which logged me out (did it do that before? I don't recall that). I hit Start Game to load teh sea tab and its now just over 400 MB. Maybe it was just the first run after updating or the clearing of the cache, but it does seem more like before again. I'll keep an eye out and see if it climbs with playing.

4. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

A quick FYI: I also clear my cache at various times, and sometimes it logs me out as well.

Bawdyn likes this.
  5. Bawdyn

Bawdyn Forum Ambassador

So after loading the sea tab and playing its back up to 1140 MB, so even after the clearing of the cache it is still more than twice the RAM as before the update.

6. Swift

Swift Community Team Team Seafight

Ahoy,

Thank you for the additional information, we shall forward that along.

Swift

7. Bawdyn

Bawdyn Forum Ambassador

Today I was prompted again to download another new version. I did so and now the RAM usage is back to just under 500 MB. A bit higher than before bet much more acceptable. Looks like they fixed the problem.

Thanks.

8. Seren

Seren Team Leader Team Seafight

Thank you for the update.

As this matter seems resolved, this thread will be closed.

~Closed~

Seren

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.