Suggestion Correction Update

Discussion in 'Users’ Corner' started by Reckless!, Jan 15, 2021.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reckless!

Reckless! Forum Greenhorn

Hello everyone,

In Seafights newest effort to stop/slowdown bots the correction idea as it is just simply is not enough however with a few simple tweaks it could actually work!

The first thing we need to do is understand how these players are using their bots, when they bot and when they play and that's quite simple.

Most botters will turn their bots on first thing as soon as they wake up they will have +10% correction and 12 hours to bot before they start getting punished for being online too long.

The most logical scenario at the point of -10% correction would be to stop farming/gathering and jump into pvp mode for a while have some fun for an hour or two until you decide it's time to let your correction reset (8 hour break).

Now here is where my suggestion comes in. Why don't we do more for the -10% correction..

We could have -10% damage prevention, -10% Dodge, -10% hit probability -10% cannons, - 10% reload speed and so on you get the point..but let's take a look at what this wil do.

Many pvp players would not entertain fighting whilst this -10% is on as it suddently becomes a huge disadvantage so they would think more about how long they need on a daily basis to fight.

Granted this would not stop botting but it would stop how long a botter bots for.

Just a little bit of clever forward thinking into the way these botters play their games could work in our favour to really make them think hard about what they are going to loose when they hit diminishing returns.

I look forward to some feedback and would also like this suggestion to be put forward to the seafight developers.

Thank you

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
  2. Hello Pirate,

We will forward this suggestion on to the developers. However in the meantime lets see what your fellow pirates think.

SilentPartner

3. magnusgamerdk

magnusgamerdk Forum Greenhorn

I really like the suggestion, however I'm scared it would affect normal players aswell.
    Sometimes I play 12-14 hours a day (due to corona) which affects me with the -10. For me it's still profit, but if these debuffs comes onto my ship, it will make me not play when I hit the -10. I now i'm not the only one playing for this long a day. Though I think something else should be done against botters fx anticheat or admins running around checking for botters.

4. AIRTEC

AIRTEC Regular

like the idea about more punishment but as magnusgamerdk said im playing alot more because of corona this would effect players who dont have jobs and play seafight to entertain themselves also people who are stuck at home, plus with the way the game is with correlation at the moment its just annoying to do all you daily reputation quests can take a good 2 hours to finish the lot of them this is 2 hours which i effectively waste every day of correlation because of how time consuming ingame quests take when sometimes all i want to do is pvp however failing to do these quests daily you soon fall behind

5. The problem is that this type of punishment/determent is that it makes players who do not cheat and those who do the same thing. It punishes players who play a lot in an attempt to reduce the profits from running a bot. This does not seem equitable to me since it just punishes everyone equally. While I think that BP cannot afford to just ban bot runners because of the vast amount of players who would just disappear from the game if they did so, I also think it would just make sense to eliminate the rewards the bot runners get...(which, unfortunately, also punishes regular players) Just eliminate the monthly league rewards system entirely... maybe using an algorithm to predict the possibility of earning over a certain amount impossible for a human. (lol). I mean...it is pretty obvious when players who play a lot (like those above who say they do because of covid) are still outpaced by x10 or more in points collection

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.