Suggestion Events to help the weaker players.

Discussion in 'Help' started by ƓŌƉ=ŞPƎƎĐ, Jul 22, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ƓŌƉ=ŞPƎƎĐ

ƓŌƉ=ŞPƎƎĐ Forum Apprentice

Hi there so i am on the UK server and even though merging servers has helped to solve this issue, there are complaints that the server lacks competitiveness.

Now, whilst partaking in this armada of the dead event, i have noticed that when going to shoot an admiral, i get sunk by larger player before i can even get to the ship. Making the gap between large plays and small players even bigger.

The large players already shoot a lot more damage, and therefore they are making 100k pearls will small players make 20k pearls max IF they are lucky enough to be able to not get sunk before they find the merciless admiral.

Now i have no quarrels with being sunk or fighting as it is all part of the game and of course there is not way to prevent larger players sinking smaller players.

However i think setting up an event, maybe based on the league system or in relation to BP could help smaller players get a better chance to shoot event ships.

If you take the league system for example, the larger/stronger players tend to be in the higher leagues, whilst the weaker players in the lower ones. This is not always going to be the case but this is a general rule of them. Same for BP, the stronger players/the ones who enjoy sinking a lot of players will have much higher BP than those of us who dont....and therefore why is it fair to group these two completely opposite type of players and opposite strength players into the same category for one event, especially when only one event ship where you can make pearls spawns at one time.

Therefore, i propose and event that for example states players in jellyfish league can shoot events form maps 2-8, seahorse league 9-14, barcuda 15-22, manta 23+

Now i know this poses problems to those who are not high enough level, but either it will convince people to level up in order to shoot their event OR

Do an event based on levels entirely. ( i am not sure if this is already a thing so sorry if it is)

Yes, this idea doesn't stop big players from sinking small players, but for a level 30 player, full elite to come down to 2 maps to sink weak players just for BP is a waste of their time if they are missing out on the event.

Yes this is not a full-proof idea but you guys are the game devs and could roll with this idea. I think you should really be trying to look after your new payers though...

2. SinkYah

SinkYah Junior Expert

What u are suggesting is not nothing new , basicly there used to be events for all kind of players and it was with map range . For players with map level 1-5 6-15 16-20 but with new maps seems that they have made all events the same ,like boosting only big boats. And ofc that i will sink every weak boat that i see on my event means more rewards for me .

3. A-R-K-Y

A-R-K-Y Forum Overlooker

This issue is, that both the League and Levels are not a good measure of strength. Any player can drop down Leagues, so you could have the strongest boats in the lowest League. Levels, are just as bad, you are not forced to Level up regardless of your strength, so, and as I know, some level 15 boats are stronger than the majority of higher level boats.

They need a new system, for instance a gear score, where you will be ranked according to your actual strength. Only then will BigPoint be able to balance all areas of the game for everyone effectively. In my opinion.

-Arky

4. CharlesVaneee

CharlesVaneee Active Author

The server is dead and not competitive is because there is one side that outnumbers the enemy guilds by a huge margin meaning there is barely any fighting occuring, even in the german guilds they only fight bam/dst when theyre on.

5. Grand-mariner™

Grand-mariner™ Forum Veteran

That situation stems from the imbalance that was irresponsibly initiated and left to fester by the developers. All or most of the server were left with little or no other viable choice but to gang up on the above named guilds that were using their exploit, or call it whatever you may, to attack and control the islands as a conrolled unit. As a result, a lot of guilds understandably wished to stay NAP with each other.

The developers are fools of their own making for failing to act fast enough to remove that unfair, corrupt imbalance at a much earlier opportunity. Now they have a peaceful server of their own making that was caused by their failure to act.

But heyo, Christmas will soon be here. Peace and goodwill to all!;)

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
    Destruction and *[Shooter]* like this.
  6. CharlesVaneee

I agree with everything your saying, but as a server maybe it is not the devs fault all the time we need to make our server more challenging and exiciting.

Grand-mariner™ likes this.
  7. SazerKING

SazerKING Junior Expert

I haven´t been playing for so long time, only been back for about 5weeks, so with that in mind its hard for me to make a fair assesment on how the events are in general these days. The event prior to this event, was so bad for people that were not lvl 25+ due to the fact that the npc were shooting lower level people 100k+ and with high level players they were shoot in some cases only 5k, this meant that a small group of smaller players would not possible be able to shoot a bigger event, for me it wasnt a big problem since I could easily call for higher level players to take the dmg from the event, but for some smaller guilds that dont have high lvl players this is a major disadvantage. I get the perception that all the events these days are developed out of everyone being lvl 25+, There are some really valid points that Charlesvane bring up. Even though I am unguilded, my prime enemies bäm and <T> guild, whenever they are on they barely ever shoot back and when they do have boats on, these players are so bad they can´t fight, even though I have a scrub boat I sink theo from t guild the highest bp T guild player without any problems in a 1v1. But I do think its hard to see any changes in the future since T guild occupy every single guild island from 6-20maps, and we all know why no guild can take them away from them, this kills all the incentives for every other guild to defend and fight for islands, so all guilds gang up against T guild. T guild really have no use of the 30+ islands they have anyway, It would be great for the server if Todensegel guild would lose their islands or atleast only have around 10 and these islands would be in other hands such as in the possesion ZK and possible some german guilds, then people would fight to take the islands and defend them. Because honestly as it is right now it is mostly a handful of ZK members that fight 185, and Frank is constantly in scroll. Hopefully there will be more fighting in the future :)

8. frankthetank1974

frankthetank1974 Board Analyst

why are you constantly moaning and throwing accusations :oops::oops::oops:

Grand-mariner™ likes this.
  9. I really am having a hard time just getting there early to shoot the merciless admiral and make any pearls...

10. Corsair_Bill

Corsair_Bill Forum Connoisseur

I think I may have come up with a partial solution, and by that, I mean being partially thought on . .

Make all events a series of of maps, based on league . . here comes the tricky part, each league reads a players bp (the system should be able to read a players boat level, but that might be stretching) said players would be then dumped into the appropriate map according to their individual bp and whatnot, making it so a person can participate in an event without having to worry about large players coming down and taking over all the prizes. These maps would require a medallion buy-able with gold, this way even the weakest player can afford them, the medallion would be the same for all players while the system actually sorts the players to the proper map so they can enjoy the event, if they get shot by the event or other players participating, then they simply need to buy another medallion . .

Anyhow, it's just a stray thought of mine, some may like, some won't. I was mainly thinking on the op when I thought it

11. frankthetank1974

I'm sure this has been tried before ie ..bigger players only get gold not pearls and besides whats to stop frank coming down and sinking 185 peanuts lmao :eek::eek:;)

12. Corsair_Bill

Corsair_Bill Forum Connoisseur

well . . if you don't have a lot of bp on said boat, you would be dropped into a map where your bp would be similar to others on the same map, as well as your league, it wouldn't matter if you dropped to jellyfish in order to go hunting cos others would most likely to do the same for potential easy bp, like I mentioned in my post, it was a stray thought I had when reading the OP hehehe

frankthetank1974 likes this.
  13. frankthetank1974

;)

Corsair_Bill likes this.
  14. Destruction

Destruction Old Hand

To be fair here, I know its hardly relevant to this topic but you guys always saying we outnumber everybody else is a little untrue isn't it... You guys have some big guilds with you... Bam, T, Z&K... Likewise we have similarly sized guilds in our alliance being 185 and T&D, since many BA joined T&D and the remaining are napped with you guys by the looks of last night.

The difference is our alliance is actually organized, use one teamspeak together, and help eachother when needed. It's not really our fault or our doing that you guys cant get a stack together when you need to. If you organized yourselves better then you'd be able to retaliate.

I would have to agree with what Grand Mariner said though. The vast majority of the server had a similar view of >T< as we did, but there was never any initiative or action about it, just comments and moans. When 185 decided to actually do something about it, a lot of guilds saw this as an opportunity to become part of a larger cause. After this, and understandably so, the players and guilds that all took part in this wanted to stay together, why wouldn't they?

As it stands, despite me saying we have an ally earlier in this post, it is not an actual ally technically. 185 have a list of guilds we shoot. Some of the ones we do not shoot we just have more frequent contact with, but I guess technically they are not an ally because we don't act on any of their decision or enemies, just our own.

Also, don't complain about numbers when your guild started a war in the first place. Your leader was napped with us and then napped T to try and not have to fight so many people. Looks like you and your leader have rather mixed opinions.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
  15. CharlesVaneee

Haha, are you serious? you know we are not napped with bam they have 3 active players and do their own thing, Who from T is actually fighting?

You should log on and you will understand what Im on about better.

That leaves just Z&K. 185 has more active members alone than the three guilds mentioned put together. It is hard to be organised when you are outnumbered up to X5. Yes maybe we are nap with BA, which might make the server a bit more lively but we will see.

16. Destruction

Destruction Old Hand

3 active members? We had 11 Bam in the raid map fighting us the night before last. It's hard to believe you're not napped with Bam seeing as there have been numerous times I've watched your guild and Bam fighting alongside each other around T islands so I'm afraid I'm not buying that...
    Either way, who you nap with is of course no issue of mine, but honestly with the people we fight against, if you guys just stacked up together there would be a very even match. Organisation is all it is.

17. frankthetank1974

erm what about theses guilds your napped with ...RzS MĘX BRW ÇÑΣ WAF TFO :oops: ant:oops: 300 ƘѿƊ ЯN2 †o† BA ŠPẶ TSV •★• ...etc etc :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    and a fair few more

18. Destruction

Destruction Old Hand

They are not naps
    They are not NAPS. 185 choose a war list, not a nap list. Yes, we do not shoot many of these guilds but we don't communicate with them, ask their help when fighting, or anything else. We simply just do not shoot them when we see them.

I mean if that was the case I could add RWR, QQ, RED, //X\\ etc etc into your side. I am only counting significant guilds on both sides, and those that are actual allies rather than just somebody we don't shoot.

19. frankthetank1974

who are RWR never seen one as for RED that's me :rolleyes: QQ are in ZK and who are //X\\ never seen any tag like this

CharlesVaneee likes this.
  20. Destruction

Destruction Old Hand

Didn't have the names to hand. Theyre just one man guilds that sail with T ZK and Bam so they count :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.