Flash to Unity Migration

Discussion in 'Help' started by Bisdak, Oct 14, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bisdak

Bisdak Advanced

In my previous post ("Client for IOS" on 02 October 2020) about when a client for IOS may be available, it was answered that no client will be made available for IOS. This means that IOS users:

1. Will not be able to avail of the additional log-in bonuses available to Windows client users; and
    2. Will not be able to play Seafight beginning on 01 January 2021 when there will no longer be a Flash Player unless the migration to Unity Web Player - mentioned by Seren in her "Technology Switch to Unity" post on 16 January 2020 - is 100% complete.

My general question then is: can the BP tech guys confirm that the switch from Flash to Unity be done before the end of this year? Or should IOS users either start saving up for a Windows computer or start looking for another game?

2. Sztyujih

Sztyujih Forum Greenhorn

@Bisdak you can also use virtual machines on your current IOS op system. Download a recommended VM software and install a Windows machine with it. With this method you can keep your current infrastructure and play the game until they figure out how to develop a client on other op systems than Windows ;)

3. Swift

Swift Community Team Team Seafight

Ahoy,

Firstly let me apologise for missing this thread and the delay you have had to wait to receive an answer. We know and understand your concerns, and for that reason I shall attempt to answer your queries as best as I can.

The Team are currently working under a large amount of pressure to ensure both the Windows Client and Unity version are working effectively, to be prepared for the end of flash support by browsers at the end of the year and able to provide stable gameplay. We do not know when or if a Mac, Chromebook or other version of the Client will be available, although be certain we shall keep you informed should we receive any information regarding this. We do not believe any version of the Client will be created for iOS (iPhones).

When Flash is no longer supported, players will be able to play using the Seafight Client or using the "Unity Open Beta" which will run on the live servers with existing accounts, therefore, every player should be able to continue playing the game via one of the two methods mentioned. This takes place between January and March.

The team are working on finishing and releasing the official Unity version by March 2021, to ensure every player is able to play and enjoy a stable version of the game as soon as possible, with the benefits of a in-game performance boost and future development possibilities.

You can read more about this in the Dev Blog;
    https://www.seafight.com/devBlog/lang/en

I hope I have been able to provide you with a bit more clarity. Should you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us.

Swift

4. Swift

Swift Community Team Team Seafight

Ahoy,

As there has been no further response, this thread shall now be closed. Should you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Happy Sailing!

~Closed~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.