forum rule change, again

Discussion in 'Users’ Corner' started by -turnip-, Mar 30, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -turnip-

-turnip- Forum Apprentice

so the first one was closed, with no reason. there should be a reason. It says absolutely nowhere in the rules for this section to not create a poll in an attempt to overthrow any of the rules. I was not being argumentative in the original post and I was very clear. unless there is a valid reason you're not telling me. then I am exercising my right to restart the poll, as I am permitted to do so as stated in said same rules, because I feel strongly that outside of me, this is a change that would benefit the wider forum community and should be up for discussion. same text as before.

I am getting tired of trying to help players by answering questions that a moderator has posted a vague answer to. the rule in question is:

12) In the question sections (General, Chat and Technical Issues and Bugs), only the OP (original poster) should be posting after a mod.

I am probably not the only person who is tired of getting needless bans over the strict nature of this rule. therefore I would like to post a poll in an attempt to see this rule changed.

Change I would like to see: I agree that any post should be on topic to the question asked. therefore I would like to see people being able to contribute an input after a moderator has commented. but this input would be monitored for 2 things:

1)whether or not the questioned has been answered cleared enough before the post is made
    2)if the moderator feels that an answer could need more specific clarification from someone who may have a more thorough answer, but the post made after the mod comment is still on topic to the original question and is not an attempt to post a new question or hijack the thread.

of course, the final decision for the post to stay up is at the moderators discretion. therefore, if a moderator thinks the question has been answered thoroughly enough, they can let other forum users know this by posting a pre-made sentence to inform them. e.g. "it is of my opinion that this question has been answered thoroughly enough and needs no further input."
    After the pre made sentence has been stated, this would take any further contribution, on or off topic, off the table.

I have opened the poll for voting for 28 days to allow enough time for people to think before they vote.

Bawdyn, *KRUCHY* and tigermoth1037 like this.
  2. tigermoth1037

tigermoth1037 Padavan

The amount of posts that i get deleted is ridiculous and i fully agree with you.

The mods dont know everything ( nor are they bound too ) but when your simply helping both the OP with a "correct" answer and helping / educating the moderator i dont see why it should be deleted..

I think its more of a power... trip thing :)

3. dirks777

dirks777 Active Author

mods are like seafight police.they are there to do a job.if you dont like it,you have a choice,there way or the highway.

4. -turnip-

-turnip- Forum Apprentice

as stated in the original post, I fully understand that however, as other forum users would agree, this is a rule we feel is too strict. we are getting needlessly banned over and over again just forr trying to help other people. I'm not asking for the rule to be removed, the rule is there for a reason. all we are asking is for the powers at be to consider making a leniency in the rule so that we can help the best we can without having to hope of not getting banned.

5. TEX~BULL

TEX~BULL User

As said before this thread is being forwarded and is closed. Feel free to contact support with any further discussions.

~Closed~

-turnip- likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.