Gilded Lion often is messed up.

Discussion in 'Help' started by The*Defiant, Dec 15, 2022.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

I shoot this NPC a lot. About 50% of the time, I find it at *full hit-point value" (5 million) and yet, I solo it, sink it, and it doesn't award me the full 5 million for my quest. Thus, I have to hunt to find another one. Any idea as to why this is? (And before anyone asks - I am positive it is at its full 5-million hit point value when I start shooting it). Please see below:

https://prnt.sc/IOC2T0L5fT9E

2. Rymar

Rymar Board Administrator Team Seafight

Ahoy The*Defiant,

I strongly believe that somebody must shot that Gilded Lion before you.

I personally complete this quest as my daily routine and I do not remember encountering such issue.

Rymar

3. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

Well - I have encountered this many, many times. But I just now have reported it. (And logically, in my illustration, someone would have had to only take off less than 5k off of it. That would be extremely hard to do without using hollows, a weak boat, and in Map 45-1 to boot)!

P.S.: If you will leave this thread open a bit, I will post more of these in the next few days for you to see. It will allow me enough time to see if I am mistaken or not.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2022
  4. ♕SunkenFluyt♕

♕SunkenFluyt♕ Forum Apprentice

this only ever happens to me if you use an ammo with burn or tick damage

The*Defiant likes this.
  5. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

That is quite interesting! So you have experienced this as well? And I often do use flares on it. Rymar - any ideas? (And thank you to ♕SunkenFluyt♕)!

Last edited: Dec 16, 2022
  6. lude1962

lude1962 Forum Commissioner

Also happens to 'crimson bite' in 49/1, they have known about this bug for a long time, they may have previously said they fixed it but I cant remember when.

The*Defiant likes this.
  7. Rymar

I will forward on the feedback regarding tick damage once again, this was an issue in the past but personally I have not encountered it in some time.

For the future if you could try using an ammo without burn or tick damage and let us know if this was causing your issue.

Rymar

The*Defiant likes this.
  8. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

After shooting "The Sins of the Father" quest with non-tick ammo, I do believe that the comment by pirate ♕SunkenFluyt♕ is indeed correct and answers my question! My thanks to that pirate (and also to pirate lude1962) for the valuable help that they contributed. Much appreciated, mates!:)

Last edited: Dec 18, 2022
  9. Rymar

As mentioned within my previous post this was forwarded onto the appropriate party.

I shall close this thread.

Rymar

~Closed~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.