Guild island revamp

Discussion in 'Users’ Corner' started by ~turnip~, Sep 22, 2021.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

would you like to see the islands get revamped again

1. yes

6 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. no

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. not bothered

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ~turnip~

~turnip~ Forum Duke

After much consideration About current island strength and current damage output from big groups of players and fleets at the same time, I think it's time to revamp the islands again. 5 players and 2 fleets can take an island in under 10 minutes and there's no incentive to put higher level towers because they die too quick and there's no real value of having them outside of a 10% market discount and the trades in 25.

Ideas for revamping could be like the ones below

Improvement of island strength

fleets can outrange an island, I propose that the tower range be increased to be able to hit fleet ships also, improving damage to the fleets by between 25% and 50%, this to allow the island a fairer chance of killing fleets when people spam them in an attack.

Furthermore, like previously stated, the island strengths need to be scaled up in general, they're dying too fast. I have found that while boring as a small group, 1.5 bil hp does tend to last a while so I propose higher level towers having between 1 bil and 1.5 bil hp each while damage to players being increased between 50%-75% so that people who are tanking with maximum damage prevention still find it a fair challenge to do so. Islands were originally designed to last and this change would bring back the element of team effort whilst making sure that defending guilds have the opportunity to not lose 20 islands in 1 night.

Of course, with the high level towers doing more, it would only be fair to increase tower build time from 20 minutes to 30 minutes and increase build cost by 100%, this factors in modern farming (botting) for resources and would put a dent in the kitty at least while also giving a fairer opportunity for attacking guilds to take down towers faster than defending guilds can put them up, this providing an element of a race against time still.

Incentives for taking them in the first place.

nobody really wants islands at the moment, the only real incentives for doing so is taking 25 for the trader, 10 islands for the market discount and general bragging rights.

we need more incentives to keep fighting for them, it's outright boring at the moment.

What I propose is this. keep the original trader in 25 but also include a 2nd trader in 40 and a 3rd trader in 50. these islands to have tower level 6's like 25 and a trader each also.

The trader in 40 could have some more buffs and general items such as super armour plates at a ratio of 1000 a day (those who don't have the bp rank), the stone of storms at a ratio of 10 a day, barricaded top deck at 500k pearls for 7 days and smokescreen at a cost of 10k yulong coins for 7 days. and masterwork tools at 100k crowns for 7 days.

The trader in 50 could have more useful items such as sands of time at 1k safanad coins for 2, Chi Chi sticks and 100k crowns for 2, blood of the inyas at 5k safanad coins for 10, recklessness at 2k sanafad coins for 1, taureau amulets at 10k safanad coins for 15

All the above to be purchased at a limit of once per day.

Then you could even throw in some money maps such as a taurus map for 100k pearls for 1, aires map for 200k pearls for 1 and pisces map at 100k crowns for 1 and gemini map for 150k crowns for 1 with a buy limit on these purchases of once a week.

Further to this, increase the market discount from 1% an island to 2% an island for a total of a 20% market discount when you have 10 islands.

This is only a proposed way to revamp islands, you don't have to follow it but it does have it's message, islands need a revamp and we would like more incentives to fight for them.

2. kekwkekw

kekwkekw Someday Author

It's funny that people still hoping for improvements at this point. 10+ years past with barely anything changed whatsoever... From now on if they want to change something, they have to change everything; for example, you are talking about market discounts and traders, many of the stuff we able to buy from market and trader are straight up junk... People got(especially botters) hundreds of geminis from dawngazers at cup event which means unlimited +20 slots, i have a mid tier ship that have everything u mentioned about with quantities reaching waaaaaaaaaaaay beyond my usage and it's only 7-8 months of my effort. I literally have nothing to buy from marketplace or trader, you can give me %100 percent discount and i wouldn't care because i dont have anything to buy. And this is applicable for a mid tier imperfect/incomplete account. I can't imagine how unnecessary it can be for a 3-4 year account that almost has unlimited supply of everything. If you are expecting to solve ''power creep" with adding more power to one side of things, well.. you have the perfect "bigpoint mentality" :)))

3. ~turnip~

~turnip~ Forum Duke

didn't create the post for an idea for bigpoint to gain money from players, created it because I, like many others I know, am bored of only logging in for an hour to fight over pointless islands before going back sleep, I'm basically saying "make it great again" they were only ideas I could think of, I really don't care how they do it, I just want it to be great again so we actually feel like giving bigpoint money xD

4. Bawdyn

Bawdyn Forum Ambassador

One of your points I disagree with strongly. It is not a good idea to increase the range of the towers. There are so many maps where the islands make it difficult to navigate through due to the last range increase made a few years back. If the issue is with Fleet ships being able to out range the towers, then the Fleet range should be reduced vs increasing the tower range.

~turnip~ likes this.
  5. hoollgan

hoollgan Forum Apprentice

*Edit*

Please use English language.

Last edited by moderator: Sep 23, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.