How does critical Damage work

Discussion in 'Help' started by HMS-dozza, Dec 27, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HMS-dozza

HMS-dozza Regular

Hi, I'm working on a modern calculator and I'd like to know how critical damage is calculated as all my values (hit prob, crit chance and cannon damage) match those ingame, and non crit damage matches up too however the crits are much lower (~20%) than expected/calculated, anyone have any insight?

As an example if I calculate:
    -40k base hit
    -60% crit damage

The base damage matches 40k but the crit hits ~50-55k while you'd expect 64k (40kx1.6)

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  2. Swift

Swift Community Team Team Seafight

Ahoy,

Critical Damage works the exact same way as Cannon Damage, however, is only applied when a Critical occurs. This means that the the Critical Damage is applied onto the base damage of the ammunition before Cannon Damage modifiers are applied.

Has this answered your query?

Swift

3. HMS-dozza

HMS-dozza Regular

Thankyou for the reply but this doesn't seem to solve the issue as for example:

10k base
    50% crit
    20% damage bonus

1.2*(10,000*1.5) = 1.5*(10,000*1.2) = 18,000

Being as all values according to your explanation are multiplied together, it doesn't matter which order they are applied in the result is the same.

Having looked through it maybe what is happening is both extra damage from crit and damage bonus are calculated from base and separately added?

As in:

10,000 + 10,000*0.2 + 10,000*0.5 = 17,000

Apologies if I misunderstood your explanation and the second scenario is what you are trying to explain.

4. HMS-dozza

HMS-dozza Regular

If the second way I proposed I have a follow up question, is the critical damage applied to the base cball damage, for example with doomhammer lv0: (75*crit)+75 for explosives, or the modified damage (75+75)*crit?

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  5. HMS-dozza

HMS-dozza Regular

Don't worry I figured it out, for anyone wondering it seems that critical damage, bonus damage % and straight bonus damage are calculated separately and added together at the end, so imagine you have 1 doomhammer lv1 using standard explosive balls and a 15% damage gem it would calculate as follows:

75 (Base cball damage)
    +
    75*0.15 (Gem)
    +
    75*0.2 (Crit)
    +
    90 (Bonus damage)
    =

TEX~BULL likes this.
  6. TEX~BULL

TEX~BULL User

As you now have resolved it this post will now be closed.

Tex

~Closed~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.