I find this very hard to believe!

Discussion in 'Help' started by The*Defiant, Dec 18, 2022.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

I have played for over 13 years and my Battle Point rank is Level 34. I have noticed constantly - over the last several months - the following: Players with higher badge ranks than I (say I am "Corsair" and they are higher than me) and I get a sink on them and *I* get only 4 battle Points. (My BP that I pay out from getting sunk is much higher). Now - how is this *legally* possible? Any ideas or theories? (I finally decided to ask this....I find it very annoying if something illegal is going on).

2. Rymar

Rymar Board Administrator Team Seafight

Ahoy The*Defiant!

Please be aware that your battle point rank / income have nothing to do with your "Corsair" rank.

The income of battle points depends on the difference between you and your opponents Battle Point Rank.

Does that answer your query?

Rymar

3. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

Well - I knew that. That isn't my question. (My apology for not making myself more clear). If a player has a relatively high badge, it is "earned" via EP (among other calculations in the formula) over a long period of time. So how does a "relatively new" boat (that also has very few total sinks relative to mine, and not the EP that I have - which is in excess of 21 billion points) have such a high ranking badge, yet pays low BP because they have very few total sinks (relative to mine)? I would expect a "relatively new" boat to pay me those 4 Battle Points, and *not* have a Buccaneer badge (or higher)! And Battle Points *do* have something to do with my current rank. (Please see below).

[​IMG]

phatty-Boastrike likes this.
  4. Rymar

You and yours opponent daily rank do not mean anything when it comes to the amount of BPs earned.

The amount of Battle points given to you as a reward for sinking players is calculated based on battle point badge difference.

Therefore, if you sink a player who's Battle Point rank is lower then you'll receive fever battle points, but if you sink someone who's much much higher than you within battle point rank then the amount of bps received will be higher.

As for the the pirate rank as seen in your screenshot there are obviously a lot of factors that are used in it. There is very little possibility that a "new" or recent ship to have acquired the necessary points to be near you. However a big part of the pirate rank is both Rift, league and diminishing returns.

For example a player with -10% will be added to their C, as well as B = Level +League + Rift. Where rift is the number of waves completed.

So there are many ways or reason a player who does not have as much BP as you can still sometimes appear with a higher rank, including the fact that rift part of pirate rank resets every Tuesday.

Rymar

5. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

Rymar - the parts highlighted in white above I did already know. I'll try to ask this one last time more simply (my apologies): How can a "Prince of Pirates" badged ship only pay me 6 Battle Points? Can you explain that with an example? (And thank you for trying to help me to understand how that is possible).

6. Rymar

Here's an example:

Player A:

- Prince of Pirates rank, only 100 000 BPs total as he do not like to fight that much but does bonus maps, events therefore gaining lots of ELP/EXP

Player B:

- Navigator rank, owns 650 000 BPs total as he fights quite often and do not care about bonus maps, elp or exp that much

As stated previously, the income of battle points has nothing to do with BPs that you gain from sinking players at all.

If
    Player A sinks Player B he most likely will receive 10+ bps per sink due to huge difference in BPs.

If
    Player B sinks Player A he most likely will gain low amount of bps per sink due to huge difference in BPs.

Hope that clarify everything.

Rymar

7. beastie1_67301

beastie1_67301 Forum Greenhorn

So what happened to my mojo's ? Another thing sea fight robs it's players again, all if thousands gone forever????

8. lude1962

lude1962 Forum Commissioner

throwing mojos is disabled, they are still there under 'currency'

9. phatty-Boastrike

phatty-Boastrike Junior Expert

Aaarrgghh!me hats off to the Defiant matey! As for the subject of me mojos... Aaarrgghh again, if i recall this happend many moons ago when i had a boatload of mojos and suddenly they seem to sail away into the fog of mistery, thus since then me keeps me mojos low or none at all, we recently were gifted 100 mojos from the calendar event, this morning poof! all gone. Hmm, ba' hombug on your christmas event! Aaarrgghh!

The*Defiant likes this.
  10. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

Excellent! Now I understand it. Thank you..my apology for not asking it in this manner to begin with! Thank you for all of your time and patience, Rymar! :)

11. Rymar

I am glad that your query was answered.

If you have more questions regarding the game fire away, as this query has been answered I shall now close.

Rymar

~Closed~

The*Defiant likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.