Immunity from Aggressive NCP

Discussion in 'Help' started by Bawdyn, Nov 7, 2022.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bawdyn

Bawdyn Forum Ambassador

I've noticed lately (since the merge?) that there are a lot of players that seem to be immune from the aggressive NCP. For example, I've seen Surprise sail right past a player and starts shooting me even though it was near the other player first. I sail away from it and it still doesn't shoot them.

Is this a Skill or a buff or something else? I'd like to have it too!

babenewport and The*Defiant like this.
  2. bonnie66

bonnie66 Active Author

depending on your level once you reach a certain level they dont shoot you

3. Rymar

Rymar Board Administrator Team Seafight

Ahoy Bawdyn!

Your fellow pirate is correct.

HRMS Surprise is aggressive only towards players below level 26, this is not a bug.

Rymar

4. Bawdyn

Bawdyn Forum Ambassador

@Rymar
    Is this in an FAQ? I'd like to read about this and any other level dependent differences. Thanks.

5. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

I would like to as well. I had some Admiral NPCs hitting me that I had shot at earlier (just took a few shots for the heck of it), and they hit me again when I came back around, which makes sense. However, I think I had some shoot at me that I did not attack. I did shoot with a friend an Admiral Quintor and he sank it with the last shot. But I believe I later had another one shoot me and I did nothing to it. So that confused me. (Also, the range of these darn things was a bit extreme)!

6. Rymar

Rymar Board Administrator Team Seafight

No, but to my knowledge HRMS Surprise is the only NPC that is being aggressive to player (apart from admirals) who are on level 25 and below.

Most of admiral rank npcs are aggressive towards player - that include event npcs too.

Unfortunately at this moment I am unable to provide you with a specific list of npcs which are aggressive towards players.

Rymar

The*Defiant likes this.
  7. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

I do know that some "partially-damaged" Deep Sea Lurker NPCs have hit me when I have not shot at them, and they are not Admirals (I don't think).

8. Bawdyn

Bawdyn Forum Ambassador

Yeah, I've seen that too. I think it might be that if they were being attacked they turned aggressive to everyone for a period after the attack stopped. At least that's how it seems to work. Not sure if that is by design or not.

I recall also seeing this with some event NCP in some of the events. Someone is shooting it and taking damage, then I start to shoot it and it stops shooting them and starts shooting me. I know some of the admirals and possible some of the event NCP will alternate and shoot at one attacker and then switth to another and another and so on. That's not what I mean, I mean that it switched to only shooting me it never went back to the other shooter. I also know that if one shooter stops shooting it can switch back to the the other shooter, but even if I stopped shooting and moved out of range it would still shoot me as soon as I returned into range before I could start shooting again. I don't recall the event off the top of my head but it wasn't that long ago. I'll go look at the event over the last few months and see if I can remember which one it was.

The*Defiant likes this.
  9. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

Bawdyn: What you just said reminds me: I used to have that happen a lot on the Event ships. Back then, I was in another guild and our Guild Leader told me when it started hitting me, to stop shooting it and it would go to another ship. Lately that has still worked for me. But there was also a time where it seemed like - as you mentioned - the Event ship went after whomever had the largest base. That's just the impression I got, with no facts to confirm or deny my theory. (I don't think it has anything to do with a player's ship Level either - I am now at Level 49 - but that's another variable. Maybe it focuses on the Highest ship Level, Highest Base at times)? I doubt the switching off on who the NPC shoots is "random" if say 20 ships are shooting it, because I don't know how you would be able to code that into the game. (I'm sorry mate - I did not intend to "hijack" your thread!) :)

Last edited: Nov 9, 2022
  10. Bawdyn

Bawdyn Forum Ambassador

I'm sure it's not highest base or highest level. I was hitting much less than the other guys and I'm only level 25 (haven't really had much incentive to level up and it takes forever to get the HP on the fleet ship for the level 26 test, so I usually bail on it when an event has quests you can do at the same time).

I don't mind your replies at all. It' is all more info about the original topic (dealing with aggressive NCP), so even the Mods shouldn't mind. ;)

The*Defiant likes this.
  11. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

Just a quick side note (Mod - please excuse me): I stayed at Level 15 for many years (I started in July of 2009). I thought people leveled up way too fast and figured I would rather be a big fish in a small pond than vice versa. But I encourage you to check out the quest rewards and test rewards for leveling up. Many of the tests give you another weapon slot, and (as an example) the six Level 40 quests each give you one extra weapon slot! (The old Atlantis quest lines also give BOTH weapon and expansion slots - I went back to working on those)! I still need to do Level 50, which has multiple extra weapon slots just for the last level! But to your point, I did ALL of my leveling up by myself, with only a couple of quest exceptions. One I believe was the one you are referring to. I did need my Guild mates to help on one of them, and that's probably the one you are referring to. But at around Level 45, you can do two quick Daily quests and get 400 + 100 = 500 Safanad coins every day, which are useful for upgrading cannons. Plus access the Genie Lamp! And yes - your NPC question (plus the "switching off whom they hit") is a good one. Thanks for asking it! ;)

Last edited: Nov 9, 2022
    Bawdyn likes this.
  12. Ruined_king

Ruined_king Moderator Team Seafight

Ahoy The*Defiant & Bawdyn,

To answer your matter at hand about Event NPCs, and some regular NPCs firing patterns. Within
    Seafight over the years there have been many different attack patterns for NPC's, a few that I can personally remember would be Freedom would attack the last player who had fired upon them and most Event Admirals would attack the player with the most damage.

As for the present, many NPCs will use different aggressive algorithms for both events and regular ones. Sometimes finding this pattern can lead to an easy time but others may leave you bewildered.

Bawdyn to be direct the NPC that shot you even though you did not hit the highest or have the most damage sounds like one that may attack the player with the lowest base Hitpoints. This was a pattern seen a lot in the past but not so much in the present.

I hope this helped with your future farming.

To prevent this thread from becoming a discussion and since your query has been answered I shall now close it.

Kind Regards

Ruined_King

~Closed~

The*Defiant and Bawdyn like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.