Is it just me?

Discussion in 'Help' started by Łé††éяš~öƒ~мåяqµé, Nov 20, 2021.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anyone else having the lag issues I have?

2. Rymar

Rymar Board Administrator Team Seafight

Hello,

we had no further reports regarding the server lag.

Are you still having problems with your game?

Rymar

3. Hi Rymar....yes, my game has a issue with lag. For example..I normally complete the first 25 waves in the rift map in 12 minutes or so....now it is taking over 20 minutes. I also cannot get past wave 27 due to the lag. I have checked my computer and it seems to be running ok. This started two days ago...everything has a lag. Opening the support page lags...moving my ship lags...attack lags....opening menu items lags. It seems like what I would assume to be a debuff. Unfortunately, I am losing all my buffs while this happens...the clocks are working fine. :) Like the rift clock...it keeps perfect time....

4. Rymar

Rymar Board Administrator Team Seafight

Please check your internet connection and see if you have any unnecessary applications / programs running in the background.

Rymar

5. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

Hey mate. I can tell you what to look for, based on one the Mods' previous observations, and it appears to be "spot on". Click on your "Options" icon top far right on your Seachart. Then check this screen--> https://prnt.sc/20ft075. If the FPS (normally around 10) is down around 6 or less, and MEM is significantly above 536,870, you need to refresh your Seachart (and if it's bad - clear the cache also). I have experienced the same problem from time to time when I play, and sure enough, that seems to fix it. (Plus, as Rymar mentioned, you can do a speedtest on your Internet connection at one of the speed-testing sites (I use https://www.speedtest.net).

6. My internet is running around 250 mbps....and I don't have other programs running. I checked these things, but thanks anyway. After checking all the alternatives I could think of...including writing to support who didn't answer me...I reset my new computer and that worked. I have no idea what the issue was... but it was only affecting (as far as I can tell) ..seafight.

The*Defiant likes this.
  7. Ola Defiant...:) My internet is blazing fast....and I checked, many times, other possibilities that could have been causing the issue. Since it seemed to be coming from my end, I ended up doing a reset on my laptop... This worked. The screenshot you sent me will not open, so I am not sure what it is. I looked for and changed many settings while trying to resolve the issue with no luck. I could not find anything in settings that showed my frames per second or memory. I also tried uninstalling the game completely...honestly...I tried everything within my basic knowledge of computers. Thanks a lot for taking the time to give me some suggestions... as I said, I got a new computer since my old Dell crashed and I can only guess at this juncture that there was a conflict in my bios. And now...I did find the FPS and MEM in tiny script on the lower left of the options page....I cannot say what they were before my reset but presently they are 43 and 0

8. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

Good job mate! This was the screenshot (which you seem to have found). It just takes me slightly longer to post it here using this alternative method: (P.S. If you are running Frames Per Second = 43 and MEM = zero, then that suggests to me your laptop is smoking this old one I have! My Internet connection's max speed is 300 mbps which is close to your speed, so since there are 8 bits in one byte, I'm at 300/8 = 37.5 Megabytes per second, and yours is 31.25 Megabytes per second). That should be more than enough speed for this game!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 23, 2021
  9. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

Okay - and you can see here the difference BIG TIME! It is almost one hour after midnight here. Of course, that means usually the server load gets heavier due to the "auto-players" (to be extraordinarily nice in my use of language). And yes - my audio game sound is "crackling", my boat is messed up and lagging, and my boat is (as you have referenced before) on "ice skates" sliding around like crazy....just the whole package of defects in the game is rearing its ugly head!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 23, 2021
  10. £cipita£

£cipita£ Forum Greenhorn

[Edit] - Please do not use all caps, nor hijack your mates thread. Please create your own

Last edited by moderator: Nov 23, 2021
  11. Ya....thanks again for pointing out that connection info...I never noticed it before. As of now, all is good with my game...I hope, what ever it was that was causing my glitch, is gone for good. Maybe...like this game. LoL. Take care M8

The*Defiant likes this.
  12. Nimitz

Nimitz User

Ahoy mate,

Glad this was able to be resolved! As this is revolved, I will now close this thread.

~Closed~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.