Jingle the Arrrrr Way

Discussion in 'Official Forum Games' started by Seren, Dec 3, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seren

Seren Team Leader Team Seafight

Jingle the Arrrrr Way

Each player must write a short, entertaining, 200-300 word story. The theme will be: "How I became a pirate in Seafight". The material may be real, or fictional. The catch is that you must use an assigned line, Word For Word, at one point in the short story. (See below). You must also choose three of the allotted five words listed, (see below), and incorporate them anywhere in your text.

Assigned Line:

A mysterious message left in the crow’s nest of Captain Seren's ship brings her and her pirate mates A-R-K-Y, Grandmariner™, frankthetank1974 and Destruction, to the Commonwealth maps. They seek out young Masters Puppys to help solve a riddle: ("If it’s a treasure you will know, seek the land of Christmas snow"), to find the Christmas treasure.”

Allotted Words:

Yuletide
    Nidhugsheim
    Bloodfin
    Midgard Wyrm
    Snowman

The game will start on the 18th of December at 00:01 AM GMT, and close on 22nd of December, at 11:59 PM GMT time.

Winners will be announced on the 23rd of December, and prizes will be awarded on Christmas Eve!

Rules:

· The Player must use the assigned line Word For Word, no changing the line in any way, with the exception of the names.

· The Player can substitute the names given for the "Captain", "Pirate mates", and the "Young".

. The Player must use 3 of the allotted 5 words.

· All posts must be in English.

· The short story must be appropriate, if it is deemed inappropriate, it may be deleted at any point by the moderation team, and proper forum rules will be enforced.

· Any accounts found to have used an external program in the game of any kind will find themselves excluded from the reward of prizes.

· The story can be real or fictitious, but relating it back to Seafight will bode well with the judges.

· All results are final, no questioning the results.

· Please remember all of the other Forum Game Rules which can be found at:

Prizes:

First place - Aquarius Bonus Map
    Second place - Taurus Bonus Map + 40.000 Voodoo Doom Ammunition
    Third place - Taurus Bonus Map + 40.000 Voodoo Doom Ammunition
    Fourth place - Taurus Bonus Map
    Fifth place - Taurus Bonus Map
    Sixth place - Taurus Bonus Map

All prizes are subject to change.

Please Do Not forget to leave your User Name, ID, and server.

2. Beorn

Beorn User

To start of, I wish to say that I wil not be entering the competition, and just wanted to share my somewhat funny story I made up with a few truths in it. I hope it will put a smile on your face :)
    /Beorn

Sun was getting dark and Beorn’s wessel “Burning Dutchman” was severly damaged while escaping from
    Bloodfin, a monster he met while traveling to the east. Not only that his ship was damaged, but it was also in bad shape in terms of economy.

There was not much left, but hope, as

A mysterious message left in the crow’s nest of Captain Beorn’s ship brings him and his pirate mates Johnny B. Goode, Yes_Bro, Assailant and mahmud44, to the Commonwealth maps. They seek out young CaptainBanana to help solve a riddle: ("If it’s a treasure you will know, seek the land of Christmas snow"), to find the Christmas treasure.”

Now, that happy bunch was least to say no one’s first choice, but they had something that no one else had. They had Beorn’s boyish good looks and charm. As they have sailed out from their safeport
    Nidhugsheim, a port that was named after a Legendary Whale, to which even Moby Dick would look like a peanut, our companions were ready for any trouble that fate had for them.

It did not take long before a first mutiny occurred, and it was lead by yours truly, Beorn. Regardless to say that it was not successful as he did not plan on anything. Not even that
    Snowman would crush his old and dusty “Burning Dutchman”. As most of our companions have reached Commonwealth maps with their ships intact, Beorn was happy to be alive, rowing in his rowboat.

Finding Christmas treasure was not to hard, as there was only one land in known world where snow falls. Christmas treasure was something that everyone has expect. They were granted one wish, and they have all agreed that no matter what Beorn has done, he deserves a new ship. And so they have sailed to their future endeavours, Beorn however, excited of his shiny “Hellhammer” barely made it past the reef, but hopefully he will learn how to sail eventually.

(267 words)

3. Destruction

Destruction Old Hand

T’was a pretty standard night on the high seas. Captain Seren had just been rekt by the dynanmic duo that now is frankthetank1974 and Destruction (lol, who’d have thought eh?), and it was time to plunder her vessel for valuable loot. You see, this isn’t a story about How I Became a Pirate, but infact, How I Became a Breakdancing Legend.

As we ventured onto the boat we were met by two scavengers, ARKY and Grand-mariner, hoping to get their grubby paws on our goodies. A bit like in Supermarket Sweep, we ran around grabbing what we could before the scavengers took their share, including a snowman, until we all ended up conveniently in the Crows Nest. The snowman was nice because it gave us an entire 5 minutes of extra EXP, and that’s really important in the game.

A mysterious message left in the crow’s nest of Captain Seren's ship brings her and her pirate mates A-R-K-Y, Grandmariner™, frankthetank1974 and Destruction, to the Commonwealth maps. They seek out young Masters Puppys to help solve a riddle: "If it’s a treasure you will know, seek the land of Christmas snow", to find the Christmas treasure.

Now this was quite the shock because we were only intending to plunder a small ship and now found ourselves in the thick of a battle. Not ideal. But we quickly found Masters Puppy which was lucky because it helps me fit this into 300 words.

Master’s Puppy trundled over to us and said “Right then fellas, to find the land of Christmas Snow, you’ve got to pull off a sick breakdance.” ARKY and Grand-mariner quivered in their boots but Des wasn’t wearing boots… he was sporting some mad Adidas Yeezys and was ready to perform. He whipped out his very own breakdance, “The Midgard Wrym”, and dazzled the opposition.

“Get rekt boiz” he said to Arky and Grand-mariner, before turning to Master’s Puppy who didn’t even need to see the other performances. Her pet Bloodfin agreed.

“GG Des, it’s over there” said Master’s Puppy. So it was… The all-giving gift of Christmas Spirit. A Terry’s Chocolate Orange.

Sounds about right…

(300 words)

ID: 39/32371527

Last edited by moderator: Dec 22, 2017
  4. Ɗяєɗɗєɗ

Ɗяєɗɗєɗ Padavan

As i entered Bloodfin inn i was approached by a small grotty looking fellow. He was holding out a note "Take it!" he grumbled, as i reached out to take the note which had been written on a dirty snot ridden hanky i couldn't help but notice his hands, they were skinny dead like with long rusty finger nails. I took the note and had to leave the inn for fresh air, the smell coming from the old man was unbearable.

The note read,

"A mysterious message left in the crow’s nest of Captain Seren's ship brings her and her pirate mates A-R-K-Y, Grandmariner™, frankthetank1974 and Destruction, to the Commonwealth maps. They seek out young Masters Puppys to help solve a riddle: "If it’s a treasure you will know, seek the land of Christmas snow", to find the Christmas treasure."

Unsure what the note meant i went to find A-R-K-Y. I found him building a Snowman with Destruction. "A-R-K-Y!" i shouted "Come quick i have received an unusual message from a mysterious fellow at the inn"

A-R-K-Y came strait over whilst Destruction was now making snow angles in the snow. Upon looking at the note he looked me strait in the eye and said "Ready your crew, we will set sail for Midgard Wyrm in 1 hour".

I managed to find Grandmariner at Nidhugsheim dinner stuffing his face with dry turkey and rum. "Grandmariner i need you we are setting sail very shortly". "Who will look after my master's Puppy while i'm gone" he cried, "Your Master's Puppy?" I replied with a confused look on my face. "Yes my Master's Puppy" he yelled "Bring him along in-case we get hungry and have you seen frankthetank1974?" i questioned, "frankthetank1974 has been missing for a few weeks now" he explained "last time i saw that fellow he was at Midgard Wyrm and he did not look to good".

Me, Grandmariner and the Master's puppy left Nidhugsheim dinner and proceeded towards the dock to meet A-R-K-Y and Destruction. "All aboard" yelled arky "Full sail to Midgard Wyrm!"

As we approached Midgard Wyrm we was attack by a group of baby Yuletide. "Throw over the Master's puppy yelled Destruction! "that will district them while we dock".

Once docked we walked around Midgard Wyrm beach for a while desperately looking for the crows nest. It was bitter cold and the falling snow was so thick we couldn't see our hands in front of our faces. "Look!" yelled Grandmariner "I see a beached ship in the distance".

As we approached the beached ship we could see a tall slim figure frozen to the sand. "Seren!" cried destruction "shes frozen stuff".

The cold weather had took a turn for the worst and frozen Seren to death, she was pointing the the ships hull so A-R-K-Y climbed aboard to investigate, there was a crows nest which looked like it had been kicked around and a message which said..

Dear captain, i asked you to help me escape from this god forsaken island and you said no so i have summoned an eternal winter upon this island and taken your ship as compensation. Before i left Seren to freeze i begged her to take me to the Bloodfin inn and in return i would give her the common wealth maps but she told me she would not have enough time so i cast an eternal winter upon this island freezing her for all of time - frankthetank1974.

I hope you enjoyed my short story.

Blitzen

521 words

Last edited by moderator: Dec 21, 2017
  5. USSChallenger1

USSChallenger1 Old Hand

Six years ago as the Yuletide season was fast approaching I had decided to set sail upon my small but sturdy ship aptly named Tommy1044. However , I needed a crew and provisions and went about finding my crew in the Bloodfin tavern where I began recruiting for a short but very delicate mission so, as I started making my rounds around the tavern I met with a sailor who was in need of adventure on the high seas. Memnoche was no stranger to living near water or sailing and produced a worn and faded parchment with faint writings, it said,
    " A mysterious message left in the crow’s nest of Captain Seren's ship brings her and her pirate mates A-R-K-Y, Grandmariner™, frankthetank1974 and Destruction, to the Commonwealth maps. They seek out young Masters Puppys to help solve a riddle: ("If it’s a treasure you will know, seek the land of Christmas snow"), to find the Christmas treasure.”

I asked him what this was all about and he had said that his grandfather had given it to him many years ago and kept it safe until now. I told him I knew of this place of Christmas snow and of this ship by it's namesake Seren, and was told of stories passed down from my family through the years. As I made final preparations to depart I brought the entire crew up on deck to tell them that my mission had changed and we were to put to sea immediately, Jasmine Rain, Seahag and the crew drew up lines and we cast off in a growing tail wind that would take us to our first waypoint, Nidhugsheim point. Beyond this desolate outcrop of scrub pines and ragged peaks, rough seas would await our arrival and would most assuredly test our mettle against high winds and treacherous waves.
    Many years ago, my father had explained to me that a band of pirates led by a wicked and evil Cap'n A-R-K-Y took out to find this enchanted land but never returned. Several expeditions by others years later he said, proved just as fatal, yet of those, a ship did return but sank in the harbor. As a child I would often play down in the harbor and to sit and gaze in the warm sunshine looking at what remains in the shallow water.
    My ship battered and with torn sails and most provisions lost, we began to question whether this was a worthy trip when a lookout exclaimed "land ho!" Nineteen days since leaving port we arrived in the land of Christmas snow and was relieved that we were here and in somewhat good shape considering the beating we took. We docked at Midgard Wyrm, a small coastal town, as the crew secured this ship to it's moorings, I went into town looking for Masters Puppys, the harbormaster.
    I told her of my mission and where would I find the answer to my question, she pointed out the smokey window to a bald spot on a hill over looking the town, "there ye will find a Snowman with eyes of coal, and a button for a nose. He will point the way you need to go. So, off I went up that slick ice covered hill to finally meet up with the man of snow who pointed his boney tree limbed arms back towards the tiny hamlet. As I turned to walk away, my boot hit upon something hard and sturdy, thinking it a rock, the snow that was kicked off revealed a box of shiny metal. I uncovered the small box and opened it, it was a logbook, in it's first entry was a date and words so horribly written,
    2011-11-18 23:55:24 You were sunk by Senor Smoke.
    (the date of this sinking I don't really remember because the tommy1044 boat was truely lost due to inactivity, however the pirates Memnoche, Jasimerain and Seahag are actual people I know.

Hope you like the story.

~Tommy~
    634/41449374

621 words

6. SeaHag~

SeaHag~ Forum Greenhorn

A small Viking village named Nidhugsheim, during each Yuletide, a sailing contest is held. It is said the captain of any ship who returns with the items from Bloodfin the shark and Midgard Wyrm and placed at the base of the Snowman built by the village children shall be rewarded handsomely. Now each captain is given a message, somewhat cryptic in nature for it gives little clue as to where to sail or what to expect other than it might be in the land of Christmas Snow beyond the range of the Commonwealth maps, It reads,

"A mysterious message left in the crow’s nest of Captain Seren's ship brings her and her pirate mates A-R-K-Y, Grandmariner™, frankthetank1974 and Destruction, to the Commonwealth maps. They seek out young Masters Puppys to help solve a riddle: ("If it’s a treasure you will know, seek the land of Christmas snow"), to find the Christmas treasure.”

I do have an ally that has sailed into commonwealth maps on occasion, plump as a turkey, quick witted a fox, Oswald Murray explains to me the secret to winning besides acquiring the items mentioned is not getting banned in mindless chatter in global waters, or by accusing other pirates of treachery upon the high seas. "You will meet Cap'n Seren and her merry band of pirates out in those nasty seas for they will thrown cannon shot your way, however, if ye is a fast ship you can escape them in short order. Do find Master Puppy's in the longhouse judging all those who have committed crimes against the commonwealth, be of kind word and deed in her presence or she will exile you for 7 days.

So, off I sail into oblivion hoping not to be sunk by every pirate while I complete my quests, and maybe luckily enough I run into old friends that'll help me along the way.

SeaHag~
    User ID:
    634/40423810

258 words

7. A-R-K-Y

A-R-K-Y Forum Overlooker

A Seafight Tale...

A mysterious message left in the crow’s nest of Captain Destruction's ship brings him and his pirate mates Grant, Jamie, Aidxn and Pasa, to the Commonwealth maps. They seek out young Muffin to help solve a riddle: ("If it’s a treasure you will know, seek the land of Christmas snow"), to find the Christmas treasure.”

Destruction looked at the squidgy Hindenlurch in his hands with great tenderness.

Jamie sat in the corner of the map, as always, and reflected on his wet surroundings. He had always loved cold Nautica with its spicy, substantial sea. It was a place that encouraged his tendency to feel angry.

Then he saw something in the distance, or rather someone. It was the figure of Blitzen, a hero who tells tales of all his accomplishments to every passerby.

But not even a daring person such as Grant, who had once rescued an upset Bloodfin from Nidhugsheim, was prepared for what Blitzen had in store today.

Thunder growled across the waves like a fearsome barrage of Doomhammers as Blitzen with his Swiftstone travelled closer.

As Destruction readied his Cabin Boys, he could see the whispering glint in Blitzen's eye.

"I want revenge, here is your treasure!" Blitzen bellowed, in a scheming tone. His cannonballs slammed against Destruction's adamantine hull, with the force of 371 ants. "I frigging hate you, Destruction."

Destruction looked back, amused by the damage, still stroking the squidgy Hindenlurch. "Blitzen, you reported me," he replied.

Grant, the canny corsair released a sudden burst of Dragonfires onto the unsuspecting Blitzen.

Trying all that he could, Blitzen crippled his enemies by unleashing a thick fog onto both Muffin and Aidxn, using a smokebomb, hourglass and another smokebomb! Hitting a lost love by mistake...

Luckily, as invisible as the Midgard Wyrm laying on ice, Bravo broke light with a Contact Mine. Once again living up to his nickname as the ender of guilds, Destruction and his pirate mates sank down to the dark depths of Nautica.

Blitzen looked confident having had his revenge on Destruction, celebrated by having a nice beaker of squash with his good friend Bravo.

39/2008097

(300 words)

8. *Sinister1*

*Sinister1* Someday Author

I became a real pirate when Captain Seren sailed through the Straits of Nidhugsheim. From the distance, an ear-piercing scream rumbled off the mysterious Yuletide islands,
    “We’ll steer clear of them” she said,
    but she then steered the ship towards them when Icon the cabin-boy found

A mysterious message left in the crow’s nest of Captain Seren's ship brings her and her pirate mates BlueFox, Grandmariner™, Shelby and BlueStreak, to the Commonwealth maps. They seek out young Masters Puppys to help solve a riddle: ("If it’s a treasure you will know, seek the land of Christmas snow"), to find the Christmas treasure.”

Ashore, a monstrous Snowman began throwing snowballs. He demanded who had his carrot-nose and could he have it back please; not having it gave him a headache and if he got it back he’d tell them where the was treasure. Grandmariner persuaded him that a small Christmas tree was just as nice as a carrot, he was delighted and told them that if they went to the far side of the island they would meet a scary, hideous, creature, but really he was such a nice kind of chap that if they offered him tea and cake he would give them some treasure as he had so much.

Captain Seren and the crew set off again and soon arrived in the land of Christmas snow where the crew began to wail and cry on seeing the hideous Midgard Wyrm.
    Seren cried out “wisht lads, had thee gobs arrl tell ‘e all an awful story, wisht lads had thee gobs Arrl tell the about the Midgard Wyrm”

it seemed to calm everyone down as they loved the yarns Seren told, had tea and cake with the Wyrm who handed over his Christmas treasure and everyone had a brilliant Christmas.

39/41826846

300 words

9. gpeelu

gpeelu Forum Apprentice

Many years ago, my ancestors had told me tales about the Burning Dutchman and its terrifying reign which had been commanded by the Snowman. However, the pirate’s greed and lust of the Snowman took him to the uncharted region of Nidhugsheim where a curse had befallen on his ship. Legends say that his ship and crew had been cursed for eternal life of slitherin’ and rottin’ ship of the Dutchman and any who dared come to these ill-stricken waters would have to face his merciless wrath. Ever since, even the fiercest of the lot had failed to retrieve the long sought-after treasure buried into the depths of these waters.

Last week, a scroll came afloat to my powder monkey who found a replica of:

“A mysterious message left in the crow’s nest of Captain Seren's ship brings her and her pirate mates highlife, Coldheritage101, cyber and -ShipOfGhouls-, to the Commonwealth maps. They seek out young Masters Puppys to help solve a riddle: ("If it’s a treasure you will know, seek the land of Christmas snow"), to find the Christmas treasure.”

I gathered up all my courage, little however it was, to go on a mission not to find the cursed Christmas treasure but to save my only blood brother -ShipOfGhouls- who had befallen to the Burning Dutchman. My ship was made from the gear bartered with gold doubloons and my cannons were bought from a pawn shop and lacked the figurines made from glistering pearls thanks to the uncanny F2P nature of my crew.

Despite all odds, we set sail on the first light of Yuletide and found the wreckage of -ShipOfGhouls-‘s ship on 21st day of non-stop sailing. My brother had barely escaped his life only to be captured by the Evil Snowman.

Delighted to see our presence, Cap’n Seren and his remaining pirates surged with morale. They surrounded the Burning Dutchman and soon sent it to Davy Jones’s locker with their roaring Doomhammers. Immediately, the land of Christmas snow revealed itself and we found the Christmas treasure.

I was glad that I lived up to my name.

~Ruler~Of~7~Seas~

634/41715386

(293 words)

10. Seren

Seren Team Leader Team Seafight

Hey guys

All of our entries will receive a prize, as we said 6 and there was 7 entries we are giving an extra prize for the 7th which is a Taurus Map

Congratulations to one and all

The winners in order are :

1-arky
    2-destruction
    3- gpeelu
    4-sinister1
    5-seehag
    6-usschallenger1
    7- dredded

Congratulations to all

Seren x

JohnRackham likes this.