Suggestion Level 4 ribs or hardwood beams?

Discussion in 'Help' started by ICantPoo, Jan 30, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ICantPoo

ICantPoo Someday Author

is it better to have full hardwood beams or max level 4 ribs ?

for fighting pvp or are extension useless for pvp ?

2. HMS-dozza

HMS-dozza Regular

Level 4 Ribs take 25 slots and provide:

-18,000 HP
    -18,000 VP
    -17% Damage reduction

25 Hardwood Beams provide:

-30,000 HP

The Ribs give you 6,000 more total Points and give a damage reduction, they're the runaway winner here so there's your answer.

3. Swift

Swift Community Team Team Seafight

Ahoy,

As this is a matter of opinion, and your fellow pirates are the best ones to provide their feedback, I shall move this to the New Pirates Tutorial section so it can remain open for you :)

Just to put some extra things into the matter for players to think about:

• Ribs provide VP, meaning more VP will have to be taken first before you can use HP Action Items in PvP (unless Voodoo Doom is used)
    • Do you sit still often? How easy is it for you to maintain full VP? Generally a lot of players find it easier to maintain extra HP as they can repair while moving. Resulting in you being more equipped for a fight / contact mine.
    • How fast do you repair? If you repair very fast the extra HP may be more beneficial than VP
    • Do you have a lot of repair cannons used on you? The higher your maximum Hitpoints the more repair cannons will heal you for
    Swift

TEX~BULL likes this.
  4. ICantPoo

ICantPoo Someday Author

im just asking cuase im half level 4 and 5 dooms 381 + to 390 cannons and im been hit 100k and im hitting some people 50k to 60k, with burning ice ammo, also got lvl 20 21 22 gyms, so it a thought. nd ino dmg pre is more related to pve than pvp

5. Smaller

Smaller Forum Apprentice

yeah in my opinion ribs/dmg prevention is suited for PVE because i read somewhere that dmg prevention does not decrease extra dmg points that the cannons provide it only decreases ammo dmg. Hit probability and dodge chance is what you have to work/look for in PVP

6. HMS-dozza

HMS-dozza Regular

This is almost certainly true, but do consider that while you can build into dodge chance, other players can have very high accuracy to counter this, damage reduction will always reduce damage, dodge chance may not

TEX~BULL likes this.
  7. ICantPoo

ICantPoo Someday Author

i have the highest level hit prop for ship and pet gym, all castles and skills. and i still hit them 60k, to their 100k on me, also level 3 trainer

so what am i missing ?

8. HMS-dozza

HMS-dozza Regular

Max dodge chance is 72.8% so you will need 172.8% accuracy to still hit max, being as max accuracy is 169.3% it is impossible to fully negate the dodge chance, though with both max values the difference is couple % at worst meaning that if they have max accuracy, your dodge chance is practically worthless.

The other option is damage reduction which caps at 130%, we believe it only impacts base damage but even so at 100% damage reduction your cannonball damage is completely negated, this means with burning ice & around 400 cannons you can lose upwards of 36,000 damage per shot, and there's nothing you can do to to stop that.

This is why I'm confused as to why people say dodge chance for pvp, you can counter dodge chance fairly effectively, you cannot counter damage reduction.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
  9. lonely_without_you

lonely_without_you Someday Author

You mast have 430-460 cannons for big damage..if you dont you cant figt with big players

10. HMS-dozza

HMS-dozza Regular

Sure but my point still stands, the big players probably already have max accuracy so if you want to stand more of a chance, build damage reduction.

11. ICantPoo

ICantPoo Someday Author

my point stands to have that many cannons u need kings, queens, freedom and the league buff, very slim majority players have 430+ cannons, for those who do i dont really care for players who need to pay to win to that level, i dont pay for kings or queens nor will i pay for freedom deck,

12. HMS-dozza

HMS-dozza Regular

Since we're getting off-topic here's my thoughts to OP:

For PvE: I don't believe any NPCs have accuracy over 100% and I have no way of knowing how damage reduction works as I'm not sure how it's calulated so I'd assume dodge chance = damage reduction, so however you get the highest combined value is probably best

PvP:

Against lower end players that have 'low' accuracy, dodge chance will be very effective as they won't have much to counter it. Saying this, damage reduction gems offer higher percentages than dodge chance and lower end players will not have the devs/dooms/pains to hit through damage reduction effectively so either should be effective.

Against higher players who have very high accuracy build damage reduction as they'll hit 100% through all but maxed dodge chance and even then they only lose ~3% of their damage.

13. ICantPoo

ICantPoo Someday Author

Which brings me to question, i have level 3 trainer for dodge, top level dodge gems for ship and pet, max dodge skill and castle. so clearly i should be okay

14. HMS-dozza

HMS-dozza Regular

Quite the opposite, as I said above high level players have enough accuracy to just ignore your dodge chance, building damage reduction is more helpful against big players.

15. *Wonder*

*Wonder* Advanced

Just got sunk in 4 shots...have 900000 k hp...what does that tell u

16. HMS-dozza

HMS-dozza Regular

It tells me:

- The guy that sunk you has spent A LOT of money building that setup
    - You have no damage reduction

17. *Wonder*

*Wonder* Advanced

That guy is running something i can't get...and it is not by spending money..i have 14.5 d0dge on boat..16.5 doge on pet and level 25 gems...i should be good to take more....

18. HMS-dozza

HMS-dozza Regular

As I've said multiple times your dodge chance is worthless if he has high accuracy.

you have 16.5+14.5 dodge right? so 31%

If he has 131% accuracy (since 131-31=100) he suffers no penalty to damage, and again 131% accuracy isn't too insane since you can go all the way up to 173.8% accuracy.

19. ICantPoo

ICantPoo Someday Author

i have 131% acc, so beside polished muzzle which give 10% how can people have 170 ? also i have 381 cannons, besides kings and queen what am i missing i see people with 437 cannons

20. MissSpeedymus

MissSpeedymus Forum Apprentice

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.