Feedback Light of Tortuga Rework

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Swift, Mar 8, 2023.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swift

Swift Community Team Team Seafight

Light of Tortuga Rework

Ahoy Pirates,

Please use this thread to provide feedback on the new Light of Tortuga rework found
    here.

Swift

2. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

It was fine the way it was. Please change it back!

3. Vess

Vess Forum Greenhorn

so stupid new thing! I want the old ones!

Last edited: Mar 9, 2023
    The*Defiant and peteraasdal like this.
  4. Tergrinder

Tergrinder Junior Expert

So if I use it, I want to get destroyed??? Who comes up with this idiocy? It was useful as it was for small boats to get back to base. This "improvement" really sucks!

The*Defiant, peteraasdal and Bawdyn like this.
  5. Bawdyn

Bawdyn Forum Ambassador

I read the FAQ and still have no idea how it is supposed to work.

The*Defiant, -PUSAT- and peteraasdal like this.
  6. Tergrinder

Tergrinder Junior Expert

I recently got an email survey from Bigpoint wondering why I had not played for the past year. I told them it was because the once easy-to-play game where everyone had a good chance to advance had become so convoluted by all these confusing additions that I no longer have the bandwidth to deal with this nonsense. Tortuga is the latest example of this. The game is already impossible to play because of getting sunk every 2 minutes, and every time you upgrade your boat thinking your catching up, they move the goalposts and give the big boats even better cannons, etc. Classic bait-and-switch. I'm so done with it. Ever since the buy-out, they have steadily worked on totally ruining the game. At last, Bigpoint - SUCCESS - it's unplayable. Bye!

Loki1621, The*Defiant and -PUSAT- like this.
  7. -PUSAT-

-PUSAT- Forum Connoisseur

WTH is wrong with the folks at BP you can even fix the lag and now you mess up the LoT.....if want to destroy the game just shut it down, but all this nonsense is beyond thinking....Great job.....smh

Loki1621 and The*Defiant like this.
  8. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

I feel exactly the same. I read it a couple of times, have even tried it out a couple of times, and I STILL don't know when I am invisible or not, or how this stupid thing works! (There is a fine difference between explaining something thoroughly to us versus "allowing us to have the thrill of discovering it on our own"). Yeah....right!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Bawdyn and -PUSAT- like this.
  9. Bawdyn

Bawdyn Forum Ambassador

From the FAQ I got the impression that there was no invisibility to it any more... but then there was something about how you could restart it but not if you're stealth... but no mention of what, when, how you become stealth. o_O

The*Defiant and -PUSAT- like this.
  10. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

You must be right, mate. (This makes no sense either - by the way - to remove the invisibility part)! I had 2 different ships jump right on me while I had it active, despite the fact that my ship was glowing like it did previously. My VP went to zero when I first activated it, and my Base Hit Points went up by 1,000,000 for one fight. What the heck? I should not be surprised anymore by these nutty changes, but I am. The entire game is a mess, but they change something that actually was working properly???

Tylersgma1999 and Bawdyn like this.
  11. Rymar

Rymar Board Administrator Team Seafight

Ahoy The*Defiant!

The light of tortuga you knew (being invisible) is gone from the game.

Reworked version provide you with additional HP and later (higher steps) with buffs as well as de-buff - everything is described in
    Light of Tortuga Rework thread.

Ahoy Bawdyn!

You are correct, there is no more "invisibility", Stealth is a special ability of Submarines (more information here ->
    Click!

Rymar

12. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

Thank you for the clarification, Rymar.

13. Tylersgma1999

Tylersgma1999 Active Author

Same here! Give us back the other one. :mad:

The*Defiant likes this.
  14. Crap, put it back. Its a waste now.

The*Defiant and (-WARP-) like this.
  15. (-WARP-)

(-WARP-) Forum Apprentice

after this "rework" U make no sense all the work every player put in game. Tomorrow U can "rework" or delete all ships in game, Why not We already have stupid submarines! All that SUCKS!

The*Defiant likes this.
  16. *nderic*

*nderic* Forum Apprentice

becoming easier and easier to not play anymore.

(-WARP-) and The*Defiant like this.
  17. The_Perseph0ne

The_Perseph0ne Advanced

omg what the hell has happen lol so we can be snuck up on by the subs but for the other way around we are screwed. the subs can run and hide lol looks like the future for old school seafight will be slowly pushed out thats all im seeing its all about the subs lol

The*Defiant likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.