Minus Battle Points

Discussion in 'Users’ Corner' started by A-R-K-Y, Mar 13, 2021.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A-R-K-Y

A-R-K-Y Forum Overlooker

Ahoy,

An idea was placed on the Seafight Discord the other day which I thought about and I personally quite like, so thought I'd place it here - with a slight adaption to see what other players think.

Idea:

When you are sunk, you lose 3 Battlepoints. (No more than that, ever).

Now I hear the screams from players already, why would we want that?

In general, if you are playing your boat, you are going to sink more people than you would get sunk, and you would also gain more battlepoints. So if you are playing, you will increase battle points a little more slowly yes, as would everyone, BUT bot users who get sunk over and over and over all night by players would lose them at an extreme rate.

Now I also hear you ask about smaller, weaker boats being sunk a lot by big players. So this is why I am proposing that it is tiered based on Battlepoint rank (similar to how players gain them). In order to lose -3 Battlepoints you would have to be sunk by someone who is the same Battlepoint rank as you, or lower rank than you. The amount you lose will decrease for each rank higher the sinker is than the sunk person.

Here is a little table to try to visualise this:
    Sinker BP Rank 4Sinker BP Rank 5Sinker BP Rank 6Sinker BP Rank 7
    Sunk Player BP Rank 1No Battlepoints LostNo Battlepoints LostNo Battlepoints LostNo Battlepoints Lost
    Sunk Player BP Rank 2-1 BattlepointNo Battlepoints LostNo Battlepoints LostNo Battlepoints Lost
    Sunk Player BP Rank 3-2 Battlepoints-1 BattlepointNo Battlepoints LostNo Battlepoints Lost
    Sunk Player BP Rank 4-3 Battlepoints-2 Battlepoints-1 BattlepointNo Battlepoints Lost
    Sunk Player BP Rank 5-3 Battlepoints-3 Battlepoints-2 Battlepoints-1 Battlepoint
    Sunk Player BP Rank 6-3 Battlepoints-3 Battlepoints-3 Battlepoints-2 Battlepoints
    Sunk Player BP Rank 7-3 Battlepoints-3 Battlepoints-3 Battlepoings-3 Battlepoints
    Due to the amounts that would be lost, and the amount of times a player would be sunk throughout the day, I do not believe this would cause significant losses to a player, but to bot users it would result in significant losses each and every day, giving honest players a reason to shoot the bots and punish them.

Now if you are a player who has played for a long amount of time like myself, you will remember the times when sinking a player could result in their pearl decks being destroyed, it maked the game a bit more fun and was a reason why players would not want to be sunk. Unfortunately, something like that is not in this game at the moment, players/bots do not care about being sunk, it honestly does not impact them in the slightest unless they are sunk out of a Raid or alike. Adding this feature would bring a bit of fun back into PvP and put more worth on winning the battle or escaping instead.

I'm interested to hear what you think!

~Arky

2. LittleButterfly

LittleButterfly Forum Greenhorn

This is something the game need! I had a long break in this game, half a year or so. But when I did came back I looked onto these Battlepoints Rankings, and I was shocked. Firstly I thought there must have been a bug in the game or something, since familar players had earn so much...even daily they still do. But now everyone knows how they gain their Battle Points. And many few of them have never been a "warrior",more like a farmer in ages...but now they farm battlepoints at same time. Im totally agreed with this ! It should not be a problem for the game devs to put this into a action fast as poosible.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
  3. lellu85

lellu85 Forum Inhabitant

i think this is good idea, hope they do something about that. or even something similar: maybe could sink someone just 2 times for battlepoints and no more, then some shield goes on etc. :D dont know if thats even possible

BOMBER890 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.