New Debuffs?

Discussion in 'Help' started by 8luckyjack8, Jun 1, 2023.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 8luckyjack8

8luckyjack8 Exceptional Talent

They certainly are not working. We use to be able to sink those ships that were caught cheating with 1 shot of hollows. Now they are faster, hit harder, have more cannon range and have more defense than ever. Why did you ever change the previous debuffs? These new debuffs only encourage more botting.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2023
    -PUSAT- and The*Defiant like this.
  2. Rymar

Rymar Board Administrator Team Seafight

Ahoy 8luckyjack8!

We didn't change previous debuffs. Players caught by our system still receive Gotcha! debuff as usual + additionally Scar Buff 1.

More information here ->
    SF Debuff Announcement

Rymar

3. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

I agree with his suspicions, Rymar. I just noticed this right after reading his post and your reply. This pirate (see below) was in my Safe Haven. I used to see them with the "Blue-Eyed Patch" (and a buddy of mine saw them as well) with like 10k bases that we could easily sink with one volley of hollows. This player has the "Red-Eyed Patch". Look at his Hit-points! Something isn't right. And he has a very low "Pirate Rank", so I wonder if that's his normal base? (Click on the screenshot to enlarge).

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 1, 2023
  4. Rymar

Ahoy!

Blue Eye = Gotcha! Debuff (which already ended)
    Orange Eye = Scar 1 Debuff

Please read the announcement mentioned above, Scar debuff do not reduce player HP / VP

Rymar

5. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

Rymar - I just fought another "Red-Patch" guy moments ago. He took me down pretty far. The debuff isn't working. (And why the HP/VP aren't reduced makes no sense either). If this is normal, then the new Scar system is totally ineffective!

[​IMG]

Loki162 and -PUSAT- like this.
  6. 8luckyjack8

8luckyjack8 Exceptional Talent

Why aren't they all "blue eyed" buffs? It makes me wonder if bigpoint actually sells the bots that these cheating players use.

The*Defiant and -PUSAT- like this.
  7. ☠FIREBALL☠

☠FIREBALL☠ Advanced

The penny has dropped.

Loki162, -PUSAT- and The*Defiant like this.
  8. -PUSAT-

-PUSAT- Forum Pro

You know what Mate? I thought the same thing, could be, makes sense why Bp don't and won't really do anything, good point.

The*Defiant likes this.
  9. The_Perseph0ne

The_Perseph0ne Advanced

if u guys read the red dot is a different debuff
    it has different emphasize different set of penalties

• Cannon Damage: Reduced by 2%
    • PvP Damage Modifier: Reduced by 2%
    • Cannon Reload Time: Increased by 0.7 seconds
    • Currency Loot: Reduced by 10%
    • Stealth Mode Cooldown: Increased by 0.5 seconds
    • Submarine Decoy Cooldown: Increased by 0.5 seconds
    • Exploit Cooldown: Increased by 0.5 seconds

-PUSAT- and The*Defiant like this.
  10. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

AT THE VERY LEAST: BP should **also** ban all "eye-patched boats" from buying the Light of Tortuga from the Market Cove! Don't let these cheaters have 2.5 million hit-points!

You hit the nail on the head, mate (unfortunately). That has to be it.

Last edited by moderator: Jun 2, 2023
  11. The_Perseph0ne

The_Perseph0ne Advanced

red is second stage of 28 day debuff all had bleu now red if some still have blue means there debuff is longer for being caught more

12. Rymar

Ahoy!

The Scar debuff is working correctly, there is no technical issue regarding this debuff.

To prevent this thread from becoming further discussion I shall now close.

Rymar

~Closed~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.