New ways of pirating

Discussion in 'Users’ Corner' started by Achu!, Aug 28, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Achu!

Achu! Forum Apprentice

I know only your fantasy sets the limit... but really?
    There's no logic in the game anymore - i.e where is the logic in 500 canons on a ship that is looking like something from a bad dream?
    I know, it's a little difficult to change the "pirate line" we are in, so don't do that.

Make a new line with ships and so, like they have it in the Pirate days 1730' -> 1890'.
    History says that the largest ships had amazing 50 canons!
    You should not be able to have more canons than what the ship are build for, onboard. - So you need a storage, to keep ekstra canons or what ever you find.

Go into battles with small canonboats , Galeons, Brigs or admiralships with a large crew and 50 canons!
    It is your skills as a sailer/pirate that gives you victory, so it's not like the old in a battle - you just need to tag someone and pres the canon icon when it lights up - where is the fun in that?
    You should be able to set your ship i a position where you give your opponent a broadside, when it's possible, but that's not that often - but your position in the battle should matter, and also how you dodge in the fight.

And if you're sunked, well it is a game so you have to get your ship back, but it should be with a "cool down" time for minimum an hour, before you can start reparing your ship - in your "home harbour".

There is of cource a lot more to it, but this should give you an idea :)

2. ~turnip~

~turnip~ Forum Duke

to be honest, it's not like the old times anymore. EDIT now who couldn't care less about illegitimate players. contact mines would be a bigger problem for the smaller ships for a start. this idea simply wouldn't work.

Last edited by moderator: Aug 28, 2019
  3. Liburna[ALB]

Liburna[ALB] Forum Greenhorn

That is a good idea, and I see your point, but it's hard to make those adjustments, I guess.
    That describes a whole other new game, in my opinion.

4. TEX~BULL

TEX~BULL User

Thank you for the suggestion. To be honest it would be difficult to implement but I will pass it along.

Tex

bodean likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.