Oh How I Wish...

Discussion in 'Users’ Corner' started by The*Defiant, Nov 5, 2021.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

..that someone gave a *Edit* and would fix this problem that has been ongoing for 10+ WEEKS: the ever "auto-scrolling map"! I am so sick of these "temporary (but really permanent) fixes"! It makes it *Edit* to try to play. And another more recent one: losing target lock! How aggravating to have someone dead-to-rights and they end up sinking you because you shoot them with burning ice ammo, back off out of their range, and go back and you have lost your lock! This recent phenomenon is insane! That said, the botters don't seem to have any trouble! But one more comment on the "auto-scrolling map": How can a company run a game like this with a problem this big??? My goodness! I clear my cache and log off and back on almost as often as I breathe - constantly! It makes it absolute *Edit* to try to play, even using the "temporary fix". Goodness - hire more staff! This isn't (or should not be) "rocket science"!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Last edited by moderator: Nov 5, 2021
  2. Rymar

Rymar Board Administrator Team Seafight

Hello,

All of your issues mentioned have already been forwarded and the developers are working to resolve them.

However some of the issues you have mentioned are minor game issues with temporary fixes and it may be some time before a complete fix is rolled out.

Rymar

3. I love Rymars offhanded dismissal of of game issues as being "minor"....just like the 'ghost ship' locations in the rift map where the NPC is in your range, but you cannot shoot it until you move away and watch it 'magically slide' to another location. It is so typical of BP and their minions to dismiss valid and legitimate complaints while continuing to allow half the server to run bots robbing all honest players of the game rewards in events, monthly rankings, rift...etc. It is a remarkable hypocrisy, at best. Funny how many bots I see every day and how few have managed collecting the bot buff that was rolled out with such fanfare. Good job BP and good job embarrassing yourselves mods.

The*Defiant and abah2 like this.
  4. Rymar

Rymar Board Administrator Team Seafight

Good evening, Łé††éяš~öƒ~мåяqµé

I am sorry that you find my reply as inadequate however when I said "minor game issues" I was referring to game issues that have been mentioned multiple times and have temporary fixes until more permanent ones are rolled out.

No issue in the forum will ever be dismissed and are always given onto the appropriate party.

Your issue with "'ghost ship' locations" is something we have covered before and as I have told you many times has a simple but temporary fix and once a more permanent one is issued you will see so in the Patch notes.

Furthermore, The Gotcha buff is being issued and its effects as mentioned can be overwhelming and may result is these players not joining the sea chart, for example:

Gotcha!

-80% Cannon Damage
    -100% Damage Prevention
    -80% Elite ammunition bonus
    -80% Damage vs Players
    -95% Speed
    For any further issues that you have with mine or other moderators posts you have been told to send this is Support and not into the forums.

Please note that you have been warned about this in the past.

Thank you for your feedback and happy sailing.

Rymar

5. Bawdyn

Bawdyn Forum Ambassador

For what its worth, I have had the auto-scrolling issue maybe twice since the switch to the Unity client. It does seem like it happens more to you than that, so it might be triggered by your PC setup or one of your buffs/extension/action item/server/etc that would be different than mine. I don't know how many others are having this problem at your frequency, but if there were more that stepped forward with that info, they might find the thing in common causing it.

On the bot topic, I have seen the buff on ships maybe 3 or 4 times not long after they announced it, but not at all in several weeks. I do see obvious bots on the sea every single day, usually many of them, and sometimes they are the only other ships on the map. The farming bots are a relatively minor nuisance, I think of them now as NCPs that are just part of the game. The attack/auto-target bots, on the other hand, are destroying the game. They are never the ones with the Buff, yet their play pattern is so consistent that they should be easily detected.

The*Defiant likes this.
  6. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

Thank you for sharing your experience with the "auto-scrolling" problem. Perhaps it is indeed something to do with my PC.

7. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

I would like to share one experience I have encountered with the "Red Pirate Eye" punishment for botters. There is a long-time player on my server that I have seen twice within about 10 days with that "flag". But despite my 494,570 battle points (and every point was honestly earned, and a sign that my ship is not an easy sink), this player "blew me away" every time I attacked him. I mean "every time"! Perhaps I live in the "Twilight Zone", but I believe he should be an easy sink with this handicap applied (-80% Damage vs Players)??? His boat is the only one like it that I cannot "blow away". This suggests to me that either (a) the de-buff doesn't work or (2) the bot developers have now found a way to defeat the "punishment". P.S. And with all due respect - and I mean that - these "temporary fixes" are accumulating - not only in the number applied to the game, but in the length of time that they have remained unfixed.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.